Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Burrow Wrist Injury
(11-17-2023, 02:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No one is suggesting you cannot post on this message board; it's just this particular subforum is For Bengals fans only. Hell, it's in all caps so that indicates they REALLY mean it. 

We get enough negative take from folks who really are Bengals fans. They don't need any help from fans who are not. 

Ah, I do see that. It’s amateur-ish but, I’ll respect the rules. For the record, I’ve watched every Bengals game the last 3 seasons and this season, at least have the stones to own up to the fact that I’m an LSU fan who supports (supported, until I realized that Burrow’s career is going to be cut short at this rate), and you would never have known I wasn’t a die-hard Bengals fan had it not been for me having the stones to admit my fan allegiance. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: well some discussions are more suited for actual fans of the team. You can obviously post as you wish, but dont ever be surprised when people point out your issues or opinions as being very biased, and slanted. Or your general lack of knowledge about the history of this franchise

I’ll see myself out but I’ll pop in from time to time… I don’t see my viewpoints as “biased” in a negative way, I’ve been critical of the Bengals but for the most part I’ve been pretty supportive and respectful of the long time fans. To be honest, no one wanted Burrow to go to the Bengals (now we’re seeing why it’s a bad fit… I fully believe the Bengals will cost him a hall of fame career, and I’m not alone), but I have been supportive as an “outsider” and you guys don’t have many fans like me that exist. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 12:05 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Ah, I do see that. It’s amateur-ish but, I’ll respect the rules. For the record, I’ve watched every Bengals game the last 3 seasons and this season, at least have the stones to own up to the fact that I’m an LSU fan who supports (supported, until I realized that Burrow’s career is going to be cut short at this rate), and you would never have known I wasn’t a die-hard Bengals fan had it not been for me having the stones to admit my fan allegiance. 

(11-18-2023, 12:07 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I’ll see myself out but I’ll pop in from time to time… I don’t see my viewpoints as “biased” in a negative way, I’ve been critical of the Bengals but for the most part I’ve been pretty supportive and respectful of the long time fans. To be honest, no one wanted Burrow to go to the Bengals (now we’re seeing why it’s a bad fit… I fully believe the Bengals will cost him a hall of fame career, and I’m not alone), but I have been supportive as an “outsider” and you guys don’t have many fans like me that exist. 

Yeah, no one would have ever figured it out.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 12:05 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Ah, I do see that. It’s amateur-ish but, I’ll respect the rules. For the record, I’ve watched every Bengals game the last 3 seasons and this season, at least have the stones to own up to the fact that I’m an LSU fan who supports (supported, until I realized that Burrow’s career is going to be cut short at this rate), and you would never have known I wasn’t a die-hard Bengals fan had it not been for me having the stones to admit my fan allegiance. 

Bruh. You being a Burrow fan and not a Bengals fan was the most obvious thing in the world the minute you started posting. You think making the superbowl and AFCCG in his first 3 years is wasting his career as if he was going to be an automatic superbowl winner for some other team with the #1 draft pick. You sound as stupid as most other LSU fans who post on the internet. Burrow had a history of injuries before he ever got to the Bengals and it has continued since being in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 12:07 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I’ll see myself out but I’ll pop in from time to time… I don’t see my viewpoints as “biased” in a negative way, I’ve been critical of the Bengals but for the most part I’ve been pretty supportive and respectful of the long time fans. To be honest, no one wanted Burrow to go to the Bengals (now we’re seeing why it’s a bad fit… I fully believe the Bengals will cost him a hall of fame career, and I’m not alone), but I have been supportive as an “outsider” and you guys don’t have many fans like me that exist. 

[Image: full]

Reply/Quote
There's already been 50 backup QBs playing in the league this season. Burrow definitely isn't any different in this respect. It's a dangerous position to play..The league is on pace to shatter the old record of 62 in a single season..
Really unfair to judge Jake coming in cold playing against one of the top rated defenses in the league and next week and the week after it wont be easier for him..He's definitely got a chance to make a name for himself. We'll see one way or another.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 09:01 AM)grampahol Wrote: There's already been 50 backup QBs playing in the league this season. Burrow definitely isn't any different in this respect. It's a dangerous position to play..The league is on pace to shatter the old record of 62 in a single season..
Really unfair to judge Jake coming in cold playing against one of the top rated defenses in the league and next week and the week after it wont be easier for him..He's definitely got a chance to make a name for himself. We'll see one way or another.. 

My main concern now is how well can Burrow come back into form and be able to effectively grip the ball to make the throws after this type of injury?   
He will not be able to do much with his arm while recovering so there is arm strength and accuracy as well to worry about 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 02:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: My main concern now is how well can Burrow come back into form and be able to effectively grip the ball to make the throws after this type of injury?   
He will not be able to do much with his arm while recovering so there is arm strength and accuracy as well to worry about 

Dr Chao was on Wilcots' Bengals posdcast discussing this.  He said worst case scenario 3-4 month post surgery recovery.  No guarantee he's ready for OTAs, but after that should be no issue.  I think it will be just fine.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Playing spoiler is overrated. Any win now hurts our draft position. We have needs and we are in the position to get a top 10 pick. That's the light at the end of the tunnel.

The guys playing the game are still professionals.  Many are playing for contracts either here or elsewhere.  Highly unlikely that ownership waltzes into the Taylor's office and instructs him to lose for picks.  The Miami game the got them the 1 overall and Burrow is all you need to see to know this.  Players still have egos and livelihoods to guide what they do in a lost season.  

It's also potentially toxic to locker room culture.  How do you preach winning culture to a locker room that's had a lot of recent success while simultaneously hoping for losing outcomes?  They can keep that shit out of here.  They're set up to lose plenty without any manipulation as it currently stands.  
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 02:33 PM)samhain Wrote: Dr Chao was on Wilcots' Bengals posdcast discussing this.  He said worst case scenario 3-4 month post surgery recovery.  No guarantee he's ready for OTAs, but after that should be no issue.  I think it will be just fine.

Did they say anything about long term effects? 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 02:41 PM)samhain Wrote: The guys playing the game are still professionals.  Many are playing for contracts either here or elsewhere.  Highly unlikely that ownership waltzes into the Taylor's office and instructs him to lose for picks.  The Miami game the got them the 1 overall and Burrow is all you need to see to know this.  Players still have egos and livelihoods to guide what they do in a lost season.  

It's also potentially toxic to locker room culture.  How do you preach winning culture to a locker room that's had a lot of recent success while simultaneously hoping for losing outcomes?  They can keep that shit out of here.  They're set up to lose plenty without any manipulation as it currently stands.  

Browning honestly didn't look that bad. He needs to clean a couple things up on ball placement, and hopefully film study will help some of that. Otherwise, he actually looked rather poised, showed some great mobility, and fought until the very end without a turnover. If they can get the ground game going, he might surprise. He's not a total bum, I remember him at Washington, and he won PAC 12 OPOY. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:32 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

Didn’t matter much now but I’m pretty sure he just said “ We will see, have an MRI tomorrow”. So does anyone know if he needs surgery? Or does this just need time to heal in its own.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 04:54 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Didn’t matter much now but I’m pretty sure he just said “ We will see, have an MRI tomorrow”. So does anyone know if he needs surgery? Or does this just need time to heal in its own.

Sounds like it will require surgery.

Reply/Quote

[Image: bb8c81c6-b2d1-4388-907c-722306e1db61_text.gif]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 03:16 AM)TheFan Wrote: Bruh. You being a Burrow fan and not a Bengals fan was the most obvious thing in the world the minute you started posting. You think making the superbowl and AFCCG in his first 3 years is wasting his career as if he was going to be an automatic superbowl winner for some other team with the #1 draft pick. You sound as stupid as most other LSU fans who post on the internet. Burrow had a history of injuries before he ever got to the Bengals and it has continued since being in the NFL.

“Bruh,” I don’t remember Burrow ever being injured at LSU. Stop justifying it. Admit it. People were right about Burrow going to the Bengals. Sorry “bruh.”
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 07:06 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: “Bruh,” I don’t remember Burrow ever being injured at LSU. Stop justifying it. Admit it. People were right about Burrow going to the Bengals. Sorry “bruh.”

He literally got injured during the national championship game.

LSU quarterback Joe Burrow suffered a big hit from linebacker James Skalski on a touchdown pass in the second quarter of LSU’s 42-25 national championship game win over Clemson on Monday night. He could be seen telling teammates not to touch him as he walked off the field following the collision.

Burrow was visibly shaken after the hit and struggled throughout his first few drives of the second half. He eventually shook it off and found the form that brought Burrow the Heisman Trophy in 2019, and ultimately an NCAA championship in 2020.

But, now it’s clear why Burrow appeared so affected by the hit.

According to Yahoo Sports, Burrow suffered a serious rib injury on the play, and was forced to gut through the rest of the game.

Burrow said during an appearance on the “Pardon My Take” podcast that he suffered torn cartilage in his ribs after taking a big shot to the body from Clemson linebacker James Skalski in the second quarter.

“It’s overcoming my violent hangover right now. I’m getting pretty old,” Burrow said on the podcast. “I tore some cartilage in my ribs.”

Now please go away like you said you would.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 02:54 PM)TheFan Wrote: Did they say anything about long term effects? 

Not specifically, but Chao seemed pretty confident that he'd be good to go before cap.  He def didn't indicate that it was a career-impacting injury.  As a professional consultant, it would be pretty egregious for him to leave out the detail of the tear potentially impacting his career.  He said nothing of that sort.  
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 02:41 PM)samhain Wrote: The guys playing the game are still professionals.  Many are playing for contracts either here or elsewhere.  Highly unlikely that ownership waltzes into the Taylor's office and instructs him to lose for picks.  The Miami game the got them the 1 overall and Burrow is all you need to see to know this.  Players still have egos and livelihoods to guide what they do in a lost season.  

Can you even imagine a coaching staff just saying "let's tank for picks" and what they would say to every backup in the locker room? Just flat out tell them you have no faith in them. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 07:06 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: “Bruh,” I don’t remember Burrow ever being injured at LSU. Stop justifying it. Admit it. People were right about Burrow going to the Bengals. Sorry “bruh.”

How exactly does your mind view Burrow coming to Cincinnati as some kind of detriment to him?  He's far exceeded both Herbert and Tua in terms of success.  He';s also been far healthier than Tua.  Speaking of Tua, would you rather Burrow go to a team that trots him out on the field after his brains get turned into jello? On short rest on a Thursday night?  Yeah, totally a better organization there in terms of keeping a qb heathy.  Additionally, their line continues to be less than great.

Herbert, a player that some pine for even on this board (inexplicably) has done jack shit in LA.  This is with a better line and a legit run game.  He's had embarrassingly bad coaching and zero playoff success. His Chargers are the authors of one of the most humiliating playoff losses in recent memory.  Surely a great place for Burrow to land.  

Hurts is the outlier here.  Terrific line, great defense.  Still couldn't win the big one.  Burrow bested KC on the first 3 tries with Cincinnati.  All were very high stakes games.  Hurts only got one shot at the current top of the qb mountain, and he swung and missed.  

How about the mighty New England Patriots?  How'd that go for Mac Jones?  

How's Chicago treating Justin Fields?  Has he won any playoff games or divisions?

Is anyone afraid of Trevor Lawrence and the Jags right now?  Did he beat a hobbled Mahomes when he had the chance?

Suggesting Burrow has been disadvantaged by the Bengals organization is a demonstration of one's lack of ability to think critically.  Everything that the team is criticized for has literally been changed since he was drafted.  They sign major outside free agents every year.  They went out and bought the best available OL on the market for him last offseason.  The signed outside guys when their draft picks flopped.  By and large, they've drafted well, too.  

The guy has won 5 playoff games and went to a Super Bowl  and AFC title game in his first 3 seasons with this team.  If you construe that as a failure, then your sense of reality is warped.  

Your mind was made up before he was drafted, and you are a prisoner to the hype of the moment.  It's much cooler to act like you are hot shit for saying this would go poorly while things are at their worst.  Go flaunt your ignorance on someone else's board.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 08:09 PM)samhain Wrote: How exactly does your mind view Burrow coming to Cincinnati as some kind of detriment to him?  He's far exceeded both Herbert and Tua in terms of success.  He';s also been far healthier than Tua.  Speaking of Tua, would you rather Burrow go to a team that trots him out on the field after his brains get turned into jello? On short rest on a Thursday night?  Yeah, totally a better organization there in terms of keeping a qb heathy.  Additionally, their line continues to be less than great.

Herbert, a player that some pine for even on this board (inexplicably) has done jack shit in LA.  This is with a better line and a legit run game.  He's had embarrassingly bad coaching and zero playoff success.  Surely a great place for Burrow to land.  

Hurts is the outlier here.  Terrific line, great defense.  Still couldn't win the big one.  Burrow bested KC on the first 3 tries with Cincinnati.  All were very high stakes games.  Hurts only got one shot at the current top of the qb mountain, and he swung and missed.  

How about the mighty New England Patriots?  How'd that go for Mac Jones?  

How's Chicago treating Justin Fields?  Has he won any playoff games or divisions?

Is anyone afraid of Trevor Lawrence and the Jags right now?  Did he beat a hobbled Mahomes when he had the chance?

Suggesting Burrow has been disadvantaged by the Bengals organization is a demonstration of one's lack of ability to think critically.  Everything that the team is criticized for has literally been changed since he was drafted.  They sign major outside free agents every year.  They went out and bought the best available OL on the market for him last offseason.  The signed outside guys when their draft picks flopped.  By and large, they've drafted well, too.  

The guy has won 5 playoff games and went to a Super Bowl  and AFC title game in his first 3 seasons with this team.  If you construe that as a failure, then your sense of reality is warped.  

Your mind was made up before he was drafted, and you are a prisoner to the hype of the moment.  It's much cooler to act like you are hot shit for saying this would go poorly while things are at their worst.  Go flaunt your ignorance on someone else's board.

[Image: clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif]

Reply/Quote