Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Burrow Wrist Injury
(11-17-2023, 01:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: your name implies you're just on this board for burrow and possibly chase. You're not a bengals fan

Ding ding ding!

There is no respectable message board in the world that has a problem with other fans posting on their boards. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think NFL players at age 30 don't feel like you’re average 30 year old physically.

Yeah, they are professional athletes. They are in better physical condition than the vast majority of their peers.

Quote:I actually know this for a fact.... Many will tell you they feel 50! Again I'm not talking weight. This spinning my point to talk weight and diabetes etc is maybe why yall missed it.

The picture was representative of at least 33% of adult Americans. Fact. Obesity is one of the most common reasons people see a family practice doctor. Obesity is a disease with many different underlying risk factors, not a lack of willpower. The point you’re missing it is no more shameful than a patient with high blood pressure. You’re trying to twist the meaning of his post into something it wasn’t while trying to play the victim card.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:22 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Ding ding ding!

There is no respectable message board in the world that has a problem with other fans posting on their boards. 

They wouldn't have a problem if you said positive things! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, they are professional athletes. They are in better physical condition than the vast majority of their peers.

Really? They struggle to get out of bed or up off a couch by 35.... Struggle to play with their kids.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:05 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not an expert but wouldn't a wrist brace go further down the forearm to support an injured wrist?

Huion Artist Glove for Drawing Tablet available on Amazon for 6.99

[Image: 51625uutyRL._AC_SX679_.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The picture was representative of at least 33% of adult Americans. Fact. Obesity is one of the most common reasons people see a family practice doctor. Obesity is a disease with many different underlying risk factors, not a lack of willpower. The point you’re missing it is no more shameful than a patient with high blood pressure. You’re trying to twist the meaning of his post into something it wasn’t while trying to play the victim card.

Yall are serious about these lectures on obesity..... 

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Really? They struggle to get out of bed or up off a couch by 35.... Struggle to play with their kids.

How many are professional athletes at 35?  Brady won the Super Bowl at 41.....

You are saying this about 26 year olds, stop moving the goal posts.

Reply/Quote

well some discussions are more suited for actual fans of the team. You can obviously post as you wish, but dont ever be surprised when people point out your issues or opinions as being very biased, and slanted. Or your general lack of knowledge about the history of this franchise

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
A 26 year old that has taken a beating for 4 straight years and can't stay healthy mind you.

Moving the goal post would be lectures about Obesity.

Reply/Quote

Saying you didnt want Burrow to come to the Bengals due to dysfunctional reasons as a fan of another team isnt necessary here.  Go to your team's board and make these comments.  It is telling when JJ agrees with you......

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:10 PM)BigBad Wrote: Won't know for years....

If it was all hell would break loose on guys playing the franchise the first few weeks when he clearly should not have been.

So you’re saying what you thought might have happened would take years to happen, but it happened last night? But, it will take years to find out if, in fact, that is what happened?

Doubtful. There is a difference between a repetitive motion injury like a tendinitis from your throwing motion being off several weeks to a degenerative tear of the rotator cuff in your 50s from everyday wear and tear over the course of decades.

Burrow had a defensive end tackle him last night = acute injury.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote:  It is telling when JJ agrees with you......

Do I, or do I support his ability to post respectfully without all the name calling and personal attacks yall get away with. I don't even follow him enough to know everything about him like you guys do/did. Not all post need responses. When you guys learn that this board will be more inclusive.

But I do support differing opinions... If you want to spin that as me agreeing with them then so be it.

Reply/Quote

No one is suggesting you cannot post on this message board; it's just this particular subforum is For Bengals fans only. Hell, it's in all caps so that indicates they REALLY mean it. 

We get enough negative take from folks who really are Bengals fans. They don't need any help from fans who are not. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: A 26 year old that has taken a beating for 4 straight years and can't stay healthy mind you.

Moving the goal post would be lectures about Obesity.

How many games has Burrow missed in 2021, 2022, 2023?   

See, this is another example that proves you dont know ball.  Players get hurt EVERY game, thus all the talk of getting their bodies "right" during the week.  Your lack of knowledge is so evident with the nonstop benighted takes.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yall are serious about these lectures on obesity..... 

If the shoe fits, Karen . . .
Reply/Quote
Forum members show more fight than our O-line.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How many games has Burrow missed in 2021, 2022, 2023?   

See, this is another example that proves you dont know ball.  Players get hurt EVERY game, thus all the talk of getting their bodies "right" during the week.  Your lack of knowledge is so evident with the nonstop benighted takes.

Yall the ones who pointed to Burrow being injured as excuses for bad play all year. Why bring up his health constantly or claim how things would be different with a "healthy" Burrow since this is par the course for players and there is no such thing as healthy players? You have to answer that not me. Or at least address all the posters who bring up his health while ignoring every player being hurt.

I think it's groundbreaking that you are stating the excuses for Burrow to start the season were unfounded. 

That's the interesting take. Not me claiming he's injury prone as everyone points to his injuries...

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How many games has Burrow missed in 2021, 2022, 2023?   

Absolutely. Dude is a warrior. He's taken some serious hits and had some fairly big injuries. Looked in good shape before last night, he'll be back.

We absolutely need to get better at protecting the man though. Jesus.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Really? They struggle to get out of bed or up off a couch by 35.... Struggle to play with their kids.

That’s everyone complaining they are no longer in their teens or 20s.

Christ, on Instagram there is a reel someone complained they hurt themselves yawning while checking their blind spot, drinking water too hard, slept wrong, etc.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:39 AM)pally Wrote: Zac said it was a sprain

He also said there was no pre existing wrist or hand injury that he was aware of

Still pretty bad, we will see if he can go against the stealers, he could barely palm the ball. Thems the breaks, too bad.

Was a nice go at it, but the AFC North is just too good this year with Burrow being hurt the majority of the season.
Reply/Quote