Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Burrow Wrist Injury
(11-17-2023, 02:02 PM)BigBad Wrote: Sure....

[Image: F_IsHFWWMAA6_Bz?format=jpg&name=medium]

Just gotta say though.... that's the flimsiest wrist brace I've ever seen.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:19 PM)Nepa Wrote: Walking into the stadium with a fake, prosthetic hand? This thread has just moved into the realm of  The Twilight Zone. Is Joe Burrow human? Is he alien or was he made in a laboratory?

It was satire. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:24 PM)pally Wrote: come on can't you find a different name to use as an insult?  Karen is such a nice name and every Karen I know is such a nice person.  Some are even Bengals fans

I don't know any Karens IRL, but I do own a number of Carpenters albums if that counts. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:08 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Clowney fell on top of him during the previous pass prior to the TD throw when Burrow clutched his wrist in pain. It was an acute injury. Not due to repetitive motion of faulty mechanics.

You don't think it could be something that was lingering, then the Clowney hit made it worse? Genuine question, I know you're pretty well versed in medical issues for obvious reasons. Just curious. The video discussing ulnar entrapment was intriguing.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: "I think it's groundbreaking that you are stating the excuses for Burrow to start the season were unfounded."   I never said any of this and your own words are, "you are stating the excuses".

Serious question, how dumb are you?  Not knowing football doesnt make you dumb, but claiming that I stated something and then claiming you didnt quote me is ignorant.

We can go back and forth without you lying about my statements.

Show me where I quoted you and I'll apologize. You are using quotes in your response so I know you know how that works.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It was satire. 

I'm glad you clarified that. I thought the loss last night must have led to a breakdown where we are starting to see things. You know, reptilian aliens taking human forum.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: I agree with all that.

I still think it all adds up in the end and you feel much older than you are after years of all the different injuries/surgeries/etc. 

And how often does it happen to someone who is 26 in in their prime physiologically?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: Show me where I quoted you and I'll apologize. You are using quotes in your response so I know you know how that works.

You cannot be a serious person.  "I think it's groundbreaking that you are stating the excuses for Burrow to start the season were unfounded."  

For the 3rd time, I have no idea what you are talking about with this quote YOU made in regards to my supposed statements.  Excuses?  Unfounded?  WTH are you trying to say?

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure if the silence coming out of Paycor is good or bad but this is what Rapoport has to say

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: I agree with all that.

I still think it all adds up in the end and you feel much older than you are after years of all the different injuries/surgeries/etc. 

You're not wrong on this, but you also have the caveat of these being professional athletes with state of the art med tech, training, and nutrition. 

I've had all sorts of injuries, some severe, from sports and car wrecks. I'm 48 and I had to stop lifting because both shoulders are junk and I'm not ready for surgery. My back is in and out like Mama's squeezebox, and sometimes an ankle and a knee give me fits. But..... I'm not out there strength training, doing rigorous stretching routines, getting professional therapy, etc. So both sides of the argument can be true at the same time. 

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:31 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You don't think it could be something that was lingering, then the Clowney hit made it worse? Genuine question, I know you're pretty well versed in medical issues for obvious reasons. Just curious. The video discussing ulnar entrapment was intriguing.

It is possible, but were any of us aware of any indication of anything bothering him throwing the ball prior to the Clowney tackle? Plus Joe said he felt something pop which is usually an indicator of an acute injury. Not always, but usually. An MRI may show degenerative changes with a tear of some sort, let’s say supraspinatus for example. Then it can get tricky. Is the tear pre-existing or not?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It was satire. 

I caught it .....but admit I needed you to set it straight before I said it was a joke. Hilarious Shit's been wild this morning.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:38 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You cannot be a serious person.  "I think it's groundbreaking that you are stating the excuses for Burrow to start the season were unfounded."  

For the 3rd time, I have no idea what you are talking about with this quote YOU made in regards to my supposed statements.  Excuses?  Unfounded?  WTH are you trying to say?

"Let not the dumb have to educate". ~JJ22 

All quotes come with a mark indicating a quote of an individual. Without that mark called quotation mark, it's just a statement without any indication that it actually was said by an individual. Much like the one you made about me agreeing with LSU when I never said I agreed with him. I corrected you, but didn't say you quoted me.... Because you didn't. 

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It is possible, but were any of us aware of any indication of anything bothering him throwing the ball prior to the Clowney tackle? Plus Joe said he felt something pop which is usually an indicator of an acute injury. Not always, but usually. An MRI may show degenerative changes with a tear of some sort, let’s say supraspinatus for example. Then it can get tricky. Is the tear pre-existing or not?

Gotcha, and that makes sense with my limited understanding of anatomy and physiology. We hadn't heard anything or seen anything that would lead you to believe it was a nagging type of injury. The only thing in my mind is the elbow pad he's been wearing, but I seem to recall him taking a helmet to his elbow against SF....or maybe BUF. Of course, that could just be covering a knot or bad bruise if my memory is correct.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't know. I felt good at 35. I still feel relatively good. But I get it. Your body changes. Now imagine them taking the beating Burrow has taken if aging naturally has done them in.... 

And you’re talking about people who are physiologically different than when they were 26. Decreased testosterone levels, decreased HGH levels, decreased bone density, decreased muscle mass, decreased heart rate reserve, etc. Their body’s no longer respond to exercise as they once did. Recover takes longer. More susceptible to injury because of decreased muscle mass and bone density. Burrow’s injuries don’t cause these physiological changes that occur with age like you’re trying to claim.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:24 PM)pally Wrote: come on can't you find a different name to use as an insult?  Karen is such a nice name and every Karen I know is such a nice person.  Some are even Bengals fans

I feel sad for the ladies named Isis (terrorist group), Candida ( yeast infection), and Analani (all I could see was Anal Ani and thought “Is this some sort of a trap?”)

Karen, not so much.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And you’re talking about people who are physiologically different than when they were 26. Decreased testosterone levels, decreased HGH levels, decreased bone density, decreased muscle mass, decreased heart rate reserve, etc.  Their body’s no longer respond to exercise as they once did. Recover takes longer. More susceptible to injury because of decreased muscle mass and bone density. Burrow’s injuries don’t cause these physiological changes that occur with age like you’re trying to claim.

I'm talking about people who has taken a beating for 4 straight year feeling it. Nothing more nothing less. 

But I get it. Burrow is Superman and feels none of this. I've heard it all before. A ton given how often it comes up (given how often he is dealing with something....). I sure wish those superhuman powers could help avoid getting dinged up.

Reply/Quote
Breech/JJ

[Image: d28d653a-78d6-4187-80c0-a6c52e3fe9ba_screenshot.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It is possible, but were any of us aware of any indication of anything bothering him throwing the ball prior to the Clowney tackle? Plus Joe said he felt something pop which is usually an indicator of an acute injury. Not always, but usually. An MRI may show degenerative changes with a tear of some sort, let’s say supraspinatus for example. Then it can get tricky. Is the tear pre-existing or not?

and heck you know better than any of us how many people have degenerative changes with no knowledge of it whatsoever until it shows up in imaging for a totally unrelated problem

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:50 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Gotcha, and that makes sense with my limited understanding of anatomy and physiology. We hadn't heard anything or seen anything that would lead you to believe it was a nagging type of injury. The only thing in my mind is the elbow pad he's been wearing, but I seem to recall him taking a helmet to his elbow against SF....or maybe BUF. Of course, that could just be covering a knot or bad bruise if my memory is correct.

casear posted a video of Dr. Brian Sutterer working through a differential diagnosis based upon the clues we have. Even he said the presentation is kind of bizarre making it more difficult to figure out.
Reply/Quote