Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Burrow Wrist Injury
(11-17-2023, 12:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The defense always hits the next level come playoff time. Lou’s defense is never elite during the regular season.

Plus we should’ve seen this coming with Bell, Bates, and even Apple leaving

If Burrow gets healthy, and the bengals get in the playoffs, I still have no doubt the defense will step up like they most always do in the post season

It is good to see this side of you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
....and I thought Burrow could throw left handed too, I'm deeply disappointed. /sarcasm
Reply/Quote
If Burrow is healthy, If Burrow is healthy, If Burrow is healthy.... You guys are stuck on repeat, and have been for the last 4 years when it comes to Burrow's health.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:14 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: The Oline is the big disappointment to me. They sign Collins which didn't work, They sign Cappa, Karras and OBJ and I thought good, a solid line even with the rook Volson but they are not playing well together like me and I think others expected. Cappa, Karras and OBJ all have rings which I would think brings some experience with it but it isn't working here. This Oline isn't playing much better if any than the losing SB Oline.

There is one common denominator…..
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:08 AM)sloSTI Wrote: Now the league is looking into why they didn't list Burrow on the injury list, but people are saying it's an IPad glove, so I don't know

Either Burrow is injury prone, or the Bengals are just cursed to not have nice things. I am beginning to think, after concealing the injury, that it’s the latter.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 10:32 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: If the bengals knew of this wrist injury ahead of time, and I am SURE they did, and they can deny all they want too. It is malpractice to trot your guy out there knowing that he is going to be taking hits all game. That was playing with fire while standing on gasoline and hoping nothing bad would happen. My only hope is he seriously re-aggregated it and the pain/swelling in the moment was too much.

This is why people were pissed Burrow got drafted by the Bengals. Pretty sure I got warned for saying that, but I mean, who hides an injury like that? 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: If Burrow is healthy, If Burrow is healthy, If Burrow is healthy.... You guys are stuck on repeat, and have been for the last 4 years when it comes to Burrow's health.

Joe burrow has played in every game since 2021… with the exception of a meaningless week 17 game.

You can’t hold his ACL against him, or are you?
His appendectomy?
The calf, maybe.
The wrist, nasty fall.

This is a brutal sport, and joes playing style (and bad OL play) lead to more hits. So his playing style may lead to being injury prone, as could the OL, but I don’t think joe is any more likely than any other QB to be injured, all things being equal.

The injuries are ill timed, I’ll give you that… as it leads to slow starts but seriously, this is silly. Take a step back and think about it.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The defense always hits the next level come playoff time. Lou’s defense is never elite during the regular season.

Plus we should’ve seen this coming with Bell, Bates, and even Apple leaving

If Burrow gets healthy, and the bengals get in the playoffs, I still have no doubt the defense will step up like they most always do in the post season

Yeah perhaps. They were doing a capable job on PPG up until the last couple of games. I wouldn't have written them off before the playoffs either, but I do think they're a weaker group than last year. Just less experience.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:22 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Joe burrow has played in every game since 2021… with the exception of a meaningless week 17 game.

You can’t hold his ACL against him, or are you?
His appendectomy?
The calf, maybe.
The wrist, nasty fall.

This is a brutal sport, and joes playing style (and bad OL play) lead to more hits. So his playing style may lead to being injury prone, as could the OL, but I don’t think joe is any more likely than any other QB to be injured, all things being equal.

The injuries are ill timed, I’ll give you that… as it leads to slow starts but seriously, this is silly. Take a step back and think about it.

Look back even further, pre burrow. The best two teams we had led to Carson Palmer shredding his knee just a few snaps into a game, and dalton breaking his thumb on a tackle after a pick.

Ill timed injuries.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:25 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Brady had quality O-lines for most of his career.  Maybe Mike, Duke, Katie, and Troy will take heed?  Bengals o-lines have been hot garbage during Joe’s career.

Let's be honest, they've been bad since 2015. Remember week one in 2016 when they gave up seven sacks? It's been downhill ever since.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
You are forgetting his knee and ankle injuries late in 2021, and even I at this point am forgetting injuries. He hasn't missed a game, but he's sucked in games due to injuries. This notion that you can only be injury prone if you miss games isn't accurate. Maybe this is why he forces his way on the field to avoid the label he'd get if he missed games.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: People are overreacting. The bengals aren’t 5-5 if Burrow starts the year healthy. They’re most likely 7-3 or better. So when Burrow is healthy, this is still a 1st place tier, absolute playoff team

But people won’t relax and use their brain

we need to find a way to keep him healthy instead of him getting hit so much
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: The problem is Burrow will never be healthy! That is what folks seem to be slow to realize. He's injury prone and has been injured every year since 2016.

Sure if Burrow's health could be trusted he will cover for all those issues. The problem is we'll be saying if Burrow is healthy ..... for the next 7 years ....

I thought the injury prone thing was overblown. But I'm starting to worry with the calf and now a wrist (which did not even look bad) both odd QB injuries. Depressing if that's what we are just walking a razors edge every year. All the more reason to bring in a fresh mindset on offense. Need to scheme it to make things easier on Burrow and not ask him to be a superhero every game. But that's not gonna happen so.....
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 09:25 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Yep. Stick a fork in it. I’ll gladly come back to this post and eat crow but I’m sure I won’t have to. Let him get healthy, fire Pollack yesterday and start the new o-line process this season.

Say, what draft position is Marvin Harrison Jr. being mocked to?

I was for tanking for Harrison myself, and I'm not a Buckeye fan. He's that good. Unfortunately, Chicago has the number one overall pick via Carolina, so I bet they grab him #1.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: You are forgetting his knee and ankle injuries late in 2021, and even I at this point am forgetting injuries. He hasn't missed a game, but he's sucked in games due to injuries. This notion that you can only be injury prone if you miss games isn't accurate. Maybe this is why he forces his way on the field to avoid the label he'd get if he missed games.

You mean when he was getting sacked 5+ times a game?

The more hits you take the more likely chance at injury.

I do agree that for whatever reason when Joe is injured, it REALLY changes him. More so than most elite QBs. But I wouldn’t call that “injury prone”.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 10:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: we have fired coaches mid season before.  

in higher positions than OL coach as well

Yep, Teryl Austin in 2018.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:15 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: ....and I thought Burrow could throw left handed too, I'm deeply disappointed. /sarcasm

Wow. Would've been a great princess bride moment if he was like the truth is I'm actually left handed. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was for tanking for Harrison myself, and I'm not a Buckeye fan. He's that good. Unfortunately, Chicago has the number one overall pick via Carolina, so I bet they grab him #1.

Can we give them Higgins/etc. and our 1st round pick for the #1 pick? xD
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, Teryl Austin in 2018.

Ken Zampese 2017
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:29 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: You mean when he was getting sacked 5+ times a game?  

The more hits you take the more likely chance at injury.  

I do agree that for whatever reason when Joe is injured, it REALLY changes him.  More so than most elite QBs.  But I wouldn’t call that “injury prone”.

I've been preaching till I'm numb in the fingers that the beatings for 4 years have (will) taken a toll. I don't blame him for his body breaking down. It happens and there was always the fear it would (Luck). 

Browning when he moved looked like he had more pep in his step for a 27 year old then Burrow given their same age, so ithe effects of the beatings / injuries to his lower body is showing.

Burrow being injury prone is just a tough conversation to have. And maybe I was a little early to bring it up, but there's no denying the injuries even before he was drafted seemed to find him.

Reply/Quote