Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Burrow Wrist Injury
(11-17-2023, 12:27 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I was for tanking for Harrison myself, and I'm not a Buckeye fan. He's that good. Unfortunately, Chicago has the number one overall pick via Carolina, so I bet they grab him #1.

No chance. Elite QB prospect coming out. They will either take Caleb Williams or trade out for a haul like they did last year. Almost a Zero percent chance he goes 1 overall. He likely falls to 3 or 4.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:31 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Wow. Would've been a great princess bride moment if he was like the truth is I'm actually left handed. 

There are other sports players who are left handed but shoot or bat right handed, maybe there is still hope!
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:31 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: There are other sports players who are left handed but shoot or bat right handed, maybe there is still hope!

Go look up Mikey Gow. HS ambidextrous QB. He was already getting a lot of looks from some mid to major programs last year, as a sophomore.

Recently visited with ND and Michigan.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:31 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can we give them Higgins/etc. and our 1st round pick for the #1 pick? xD

Ha ha, maybe. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:31 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: No chance.  Elite QB prospect coming out.  They will either take Caleb Williams or trade out for a haul like they did last year.  Almost a Zero percent chance he goes 1 overall.  He likely falls to 3 or 4.

Possibly, unless Chicago decides to stay the course with Fields and give him a big time threat at wideout. At this point, I just feel like that's their plan. It's just an opinion though.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 10:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's time to quit suspending and banning posters for speaking the truth and suspend and ban those posters who demand positivity and dictate which arguments are legit and which aren't. They are the one's that have been wrong more often then not the last two decades. Joe has been hurt. His arm was wrapped a couple weeks ago after the SF game and folks shot down anyone who brought it up for being negative drama queens after a win..... yet we were right once again.

Here's the truth that's been said and it's time for folks around here to face... Joe Luck has the body of a 50 year old. The beatings have taken there toll. He is injury prone, has been yearly since 2016, he can't stay healthy, and it's only going to get worse in the following seasons as his body continues to break down. We are stuck with him for the next 7 years, and these injury issues/story will be repeated over and over again over those 7 years. This contract may end up being worse than the Watson contract.

This team's moment has passed, the window is closed, and we have questions at QB, WR, TE, RB, OLine, DL, CB, S, HC, OC, DC...... Nothing that will be fixed in 1 offseason. A rebuild is needed with some youth and speed. This team looks fat off of "success" and doesn't have the energy or the drive that you seen when they were trying to prove themselves.

We weren't witnessing a dynasty in the making the last two years. This isn't the Brady Patriots or the Mahomes Chiefs. It was the 2009 / 2010 JETS and we all know how that "dynasty" ended.

^Nominated for chicken little post of the year.  It's not as bad of the thread that was created at the beginning of the year, arguing Burrow wasn't a good QB anymore, but this is still worthy of a nomination.  
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:38 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Possibly, unless Chicago decides to stay the course with Fields and give him a big time threat at wideout. At this point, I just feel like that's their plan. It's just an opinion though.

Maybe, I just don’t see that happening, especially with how many mediocre to bad QBs there are in todays NFL. Also, just my opinion :)
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:31 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: No chance.  Elite QB prospect coming out.  They will either take Caleb Williams or trade out for a haul like they did last year.  Almost a Zero percent chance he goes 1 overall.  He likely falls to 3 or 4.

To your point though, if he falls that far and Joe is done, we might get a crack at him.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:37 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Ha ha, maybe. Cool

Nah, they ready committed big money to DJ Moore. Wouldn’t commit big money to two very good receivers. Harrison is a generational prospect, a more dynamic AJ Green.

If the season ended today, The bears could probably just trade back with the giants, pick up extra draft capital and still get MHJ. If the patriots end up at 2, same thing.

If the bears stick at 1, fields is not a bear next year (which may be a good thing, depending on where he goes he could be a decent QB) and Caleb Williams is next in line to be an underachieving QB with the bears. The bears are up there with the browns and jets as being franchise that just can NOT develop a QB, or even obtain a good one.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: To your point though, if he falls that far and Joe is done, we might get a crack at him.

We won’t have a top 5 pick. I mean, if we lose out I guess that’s possible, but even if burrow is done… this team will most likely still win a game or two. I know by “record” we have a hard strength of schedule, but I am simply not all that impressed with most opposing teams this year.

What’s very crazy to me, is how very quickly the balance of power went from AFC to NFC.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:39 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: ^Nominated for chicken little post of the year.  It's not as bad of the thread that was created at the beginning of the year, arguing Burrow wasn't a good QB anymore, but this is still worthy of a nomination.  

and yet there was nothing in the post you could dispute or you surely would have at least tried... I'm not sure your nomination holds much weight given you just pop up here and there and contribute nothing. These are the posters that should be banned. When all they contribute in 5 years is an attack on other posters who have been proven right more often then not, as painful as it is to hear their views. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: and yet there was nothing in the post you could dispute or you surely would have at least tried... I'm not sure your nomination holds much weight given you just pop up here and there and contribute nothing. These are the posters that should be banned. When all they contribute in 5 years is an attack on other posters who have been proven right more often then not, as painful as it is to hear their views. 

To be honest, I stopped reading your post initially after you claimed Burrow has the body of a 50 year old.  I just now went back and re-read the rest, and already regret it.  I'm not sure how I can retort a post that is just a gross hyperbole and overreaction.  Well, here's a picture of a 50 year old, maybe that will help refute your one claim?

[Image: Rudd%20Center%203%20cropped.jpg?itok=eAs3MJNe]
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to lean back into the "theory" that the "brace" he was wearing off the plane was a stylus glove. It looks exactly like one.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:48 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: We won’t have a top 5 pick.  I mean, if we lose out I guess that’s possible, but even if burrow is done… this team will most likely still win a game or two.  I know by “record” we have a hard strength of schedule, but I am simply not all that impressed with most opposing teams this year.  

What’s very crazy to me, is how very quickly the balance of power went from AFC to NFC.

The league has been wild this year, for sure. You're correct, we beat Pitt with Ryan Finley, so anything can happen. We simply haven't seen Browning with the ones and week's (ten days in this instance) prep to know what he's truly capable of. I remember him being pretty good at Washington, so maybe he can come in and keep us afloat. We'll soon see. My wish would be that they play for the best draft position if Joe is done, but I'd say there's too much pride for that.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:39 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: ^Nominated for chicken little post of the year.  It's not as bad of the thread that was created at the beginning of the year, arguing Burrow wasn't a good QB anymore, but this is still worthy of a nomination.  

One new guy was correctly suspended for attacking other posters last night.  JJ here has some of the most inaccurate and nonsensical comments on the board.  It is not difficult to identify the ones that never played the game.  At least he is here everyday unlike the 100% negative ones that only show up on the game day thread. 

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:00 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: To be honest, I stopped reading your post initially after you claimed Burrow has the body of a 50 year old.  I just now went back and re-read the rest, and already regret it.  I'm not sure how I can retort a post that is just a gross hyperbole and overreaction.  Well, here's a picture of a 50 year old, maybe that will help refute your one claim?

[Image: Rudd%20Center%203%20cropped.jpg?itok=eAs3MJNe]

Is this you? Because that is disrespectful if not. 

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: One new guy was correctly suspended for attacking other posters last night.  JJ here has some of the most inaccurate and nonsensical comments on the board.  It is not difficult to identify the ones that never played the game.  At least he is here everyday unlike the 100% negative ones that only show up on the game day thread. 

And yet I'm always right.... And I did play so I'm not sure why you keep repeating that. Not at a professional level obviously. But this the second time you then made an assumption which is off. But not worth debating because I just like anyone could say anything on here. But for the record that line of attack isn't accurate. 

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:22 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Joe burrow has played in every game since 2021… with the exception of a meaningless week 17 game.

You can’t hold his ACL against him, or are you?
His appendectomy?
The calf, maybe.
The wrist, nasty fall.

This is a brutal sport, and joes playing style (and bad OL play) lead to more hits. So his playing style may lead to being injury prone, as could the OL, but I don’t think joe is any more likely than any other QB to be injured, all things being equal.

The injuries are ill timed, I’ll give you that… as it leads to slow starts but seriously, this is silly. Take a step back and think about it.

“Forget it. He’s rolling.”

Lesser known line in Animal House that follows the more famous, “Was it over after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?”

Just let him go. He’ll tire himself out.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: And yet I'm always right.... And I did play so I'm not sure why you keep repeating that. Not at a professional level obviously. But this the second time you then made an assumption which is off. But not worth debating because I just like anyone could say anything on here. But for the record that line of attack isn't accurate. 

You're rarely right. You just often say something and stop responding when it is refuted. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:27 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You're rarely right. You just often say something and stop responding when it is refuted. 

Well I've never been accused of "stop" or not responding.... That I can guarantee.

Most of the time I am weeks ahead of everyone. But the board typically always catches up to my opinions. Pay attention next time, you'll see.

And I speak on behalf of many people who DM me thanking me for saying what I say given the way people treat those with differing opinions. There are a lot of people who don't say what they want due to the backlash from some of the same handful of posters.

We should do better around here making it a place were all feel welcomed to provide their opinions. Until they do. Know I will always speak up.

Reply/Quote