Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow/Young
(12-07-2019, 10:42 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: If that was Andy it would have either been a sack or he would have thrown it out of bounds at the first hint of pressure

Well...we have basically 4 starters in rated in the 50's or below by PFF with Hopkins rated just above 60. Playing behind that offensive line would rattle a lot of guys.

There have been a decent amount of plays this year where the Bengals didn't block a rusher and double teamed another...letting one come free on the QB. That rattles a QB.
Reply/Quote
I’m still taking Burrow number 1 but his arm isn’t the greatest. But if we win another game or two we will miss our chance of drafting him.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:05 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I’m still taking Burrow number 1 but his arm isn’t the greatest.  But if we win another game or two we will miss our chance of drafting him.

Drafting an elite QB is basically our only chance of this staff having success. It's a lotto ticket.

Chase Young...if he averages 12 sacks a year for the next 5 years won't equate to a lot more wins. It will help. But it won't change the course of the franchise like a QB would.

I'm with you.
Reply/Quote
Young has vanished in the last few games.

Reply/Quote
Young is a great pass rusher. One of the best I have seen. What I dont like is he doesnt pursue on backside runs and if the qb scrambles and gets past him he stops and doesnt chase the play. Seems like qb pressure or nothing from him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 10:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. IF you pick 1, you take Burrow and hope he isn't a 1 year wonder and that he can still develop.

The thing is, this staff is TERRIBLE at developing players. So I don't have much confidence that they'll develop him.
There are 3 QB coaches on the staff so that's the one thing they should develop. I think most were happy that we kept Van Pelt. While I'm not a believer in Zac as a play-caller, Tannehill and Goff performed well with him as their QB coach. Callahan seems like a bright mind but might not fit the OC mold. Maybe replace him with Jay Gruden and now we're talking? While Andy didn't have the jump that we expected, he also had to deal with a diminished OL and No AJ, and we all know he can't ever overcome that. I don't hold that against Zac. 

I think we should be more concerned if Zac will keep pushing the LA Rams formula that seems to have been figured out by the league or will he change course and go with an offense that fits Burrow. Burrow seemingly likes to suggest his own plays to his coaches at LSU so would Zac be willing to listen and collaborate?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:09 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Young has vanished in the last few games.

It just feels like we'll win enough to miss out on Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It just feels like we'll win enough to miss out on Burrow.

I really only see one more win (Miami)

Reply/Quote
Unless Cleveland pulls some diabolical shit and throws a game to us to prevent us from getting the #1...

Reply/Quote
I could see us winning 1 against Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It just feels like we'll win enough to miss out on Burrow.

2X Browns, Patriots and Dolphins left.   I don't see the Bengals wining more than 2 more games at best.  Maybe split with the Browns and beat the Dolphins to go 3-13 at best.   It may be close but as stated the 2-10 Giants still play the Redskins and Dolphins.  The Giants won't be drafting a QB with a first round pick or the Redskins, so the main threat is the Dolphins.   Of course if the Redskins or the Giants end up with the number 1 pick the Dolphins do have the draft stock to trade up.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:28 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: 2X Browns, Patriots and Dolphins left.   I don't see the Bengals wining more than 2 more games at best.  Maybe split with the Browns and beat the Dolphins to go 3-13 at best.   It may be close but as stated the 2-10 Giants still play the Redskins and Dolphins.  The Giants won't be drafting a QB with a first round pick or the Redskins, so the main threat is the Dolphins.   Of course if the Redskins or the Giants end up with the number 1 pick the Dolphins do have the draft stock to trade up.

The Giants would almost certainly trade the #1 pick.

3 wins likely makes us pick 3 or 4. And then, we're evaluating Herbert or Tua's health which is a nightmare. The Bengals need a no brainer pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Giants would almost certainly trade the #1 pick.

3 wins likely makes us pick 3 or 4. And then, we're evaluating Herbert or Tua's health which is a nightmare. The Bengals need a no brainer pick.

I'm not sure the Giants would pass on Young.  But if the Dolphins didn't land in #1 and offered them a significant trade they might like I said. But I don't see the Bengals out of the #1 spot at this point.  I mean they would probably have to beat the Browns twice as well as Miami to lose that spot and I don't see that happening. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out among all the bad teams. Let's not forget the Cardinals, Lions and Falcons are also sitting on only 3 wins so far but not in the QB market at this point unless Stafford's back is a career ender.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I'll admit I hopped on the bandwagon in 05 and have been a fan ever since. However, this is the first time I have genuinely wanted to the team to tank in order to secure a pick, and I would be pissed if they messed this up.

Just aking: Was it like that among fans in 2002 as well?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Giants would almost certainly trade the #1 pick.

When’s the last time a team traded the #1 pick?

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When’s the last time a team traded the #1 pick?

The Titans traded the #1 overall pick in 2016 to the Rams who selected Goff.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:38 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm not sure the Giants would pass on Young.  But if the Dolphins didn't land in #1 and offered them a significant trade they might like I said. But I don't see the Bengals out of the #1 spot at this point.  I mean they would probably have to beat the Browns twice as well as Miami to lose that spot and I don't see that happening. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out among all the bad teams.  Let's not forget the Cardinals, Lions and Falcons are also sitting on only 3 wins so far but  not in the QB market at this point unless Stafford's back is a career ender.

I don't know. IF I end up with a shot at Burrow and I'm the Lions or Falcons...I might do it. Those franchise's are stalled.

The Cardinals and Lions have 3.5 wins and no shot at the #1 pick though.

I looked at the ESPN simulator...and it has the Dolphins and Jets winning 5 games. Giants 2 wins. Falcons 3.

So IF, we win 1 more game and the Giants do indeed only win 2...we pick 2nd and lose out on Burrow.

IF we beat the Browns once and Dolphins...then we'd pick 3. Washington also wins 3 games in some scenarios, but that pushes the Giants to 4 wins.

We'll know A LOT about our draft position around 4pm tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 12:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know. IF I end up with a shot at Burrow and I'm the Lions or Falcons...I might do it. Those franchise's are stalled.

I looked at the ESPN simulator...and it has the Dolphins and Jets winning 5 games. Giants 2 wins. Falcons 3.

So IF, we win 1 more game and the Giants do indeed only win 2...we pick 2nd and lose out on Burrow.

IF we beat the Browns once and Dolphins...then we'd pick 3. Washington also wins 3 games in some scenarios, but that pushes the Giants to 4 wins.

Again...we don’t necessarily lose out on Burrow at 2. NYG would probably take Young.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 12:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know. IF I end up with a shot at Burrow and I'm the Lions or Falcons...I might do it. Those franchise's are stalled.

Both the the Lions and Falcons have franchise QBs doubt they would want to trade for a QB. Wouldn't be that shocked if Atlanta traded up for young thought.
I seriously doubt that Burrow is the can't miss prospect that the Goodberrys of the world want everyone to believe. 

Not saying he isn't worth #1 because you certainly can make that case but he isn't Andrew Luck either. Dude was a projected 5th RD pick before the year started for a reason. So even if we miss out on him it's not going to be that crushing of a loss.

In all honesty I don't think it's the greatest idea to draft the guy; yes he sells tickets but all that pressure that will be on him will be a lot to take. Hell look what it did to Ken Griffey Jr careers.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 01:09 AM)J24 Wrote: Both the the Lions and Falcons have franchise QBs doubt they would want to trade for a QB. Wouldn't be that shocked if Atlanta traded up for young thought.
I seriously doubt that Burrow is the can't miss prospect that the Goodberrys of the world want everyone to believe. 

Not saying he isn't worth #1 because you certainly can make that case but he isn't Andrew Luck either. Dude was a projected 5th RD pick before the year started for a reason. So even if we miss out on him it's not going to be that crushing of a loss.

In all honesty I don't think it's the greatest idea to draft the guy; yes he sells tickets but all that pressure that will be on him will be a lot to take. Hell look what it did to Ken Griffey Jr careers.

JR had a bad career? Last time I checked he was a first ballot HoFer...

Reply/Quote