Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow/Young
(12-08-2019, 01:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: JR had a bad career? Last time I checked he was a first ballot HoFer...

Once he was here he did, that was what he was saying, that Junior was doing great in Seattle and all the pressure of the hometown kid on the hometown team added extra pressure. 

Might be part of his issues here, trying to hard to come back from injury, I think he just had a lot of miles on him from Seattle by the time he arrived here.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Does anyone have Stats on Young from the Championship game?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 01:48 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Does anyone have Stats on Young from the Championship game?

He played fairly well, but Joe is emerging as elite. I really like Young, but Joe has shown tremendous ability and intelligence. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 01:56 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He played fairly well, but Joe is emerging as elite. I really like Young, but Joe has shown tremendous ability and intelligence. 

ok thanks
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 01:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: JR had a bad career? Last time I checked he was a first ballot HoFer...

He wasn't that memorable for the reds was he?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'd take Burrow without hesitating. I'm starting to feel like the Bengals won't get a chance. Our schedule is awful, and the Browns and Dolphins are very beatable. We need the Eli to provide the Giants with the same spark Andy gave the Bengals last week, and we need some of the other bottom feeders to win again before I feel like we're locked in to get him.
Reply/Quote
What sucks is that our two competitors, NYG and Washington, are playing teams that need to win. NYG gets Philedelphia who at 5-7 still have a shot at the post season and Washington gets Green Bay who could still get a bye.

Miami gets the Jets, who hopefully make a statement after losing to us this last week.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 02:11 AM)samhain Wrote: I'd take Burrow without hesitating.  I'm starting to feel like the Bengals won't get a chance.  Our schedule is awful, and the Browns and Dolphins are very beatable.  We need the Eli to provide the Giants with the same spark Andy gave the Bengals last week, and we need some of the other bottom feeders to win again before I feel like we're locked in to get him.

The only team that is a threat to take Burrow is Fins.  Bengals may lose to them this year.  I think the Bengals may beat the Brownies at least once this year, hope not but I could see it happening.  Skins are not out of the playoffs yet because the division is so bad.  Lets hope they win another.  I think the Giants may edge the Bengals for first pick.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Young had 6 tackles and no sacks against Badgers in the championship.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 03:28 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Young had 6 tackles and no sacks against Badgers in the championship.

He did play pretty well. One of the tackles he made where he just straight grabbed the Wisconsin player with one arm was a ridiculous display of strength.

That said Burrow is the best player in college football right now, imo. He has to be the pick.

Reply/Quote
IMO you have to take Burrow. If Dolphins get the first pick we won’t get the chance.
Reply/Quote
Draft many unknowns.... make a team full of talented but unknown, hard working characters and go with it.
Reply/Quote
I have been on the fence but after watching closer for several weeks now Burrow has to be the pick. Don't screw this up Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 03:16 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: The only team that is a threat to take Burrow is Fins.  Bengals may lose to them this year.  I think the Bengals may beat the Brownies at least once this year, hope not but I could see it happening.  Skins are not out of the playoffs yet because the division is so bad.  Lets hope they win another.  I think the Giants may edge the Bengals for first pick.  

Dont forget that a lot of teams need QBs and could trade up to take him in front of Cincy (yet another reason why I want that #1 pick).

Teams like Tennessee, Jax, Detroit, Carolina, Denver and the Chargers could all make a run for him.
Reply/Quote
Burrows had a great game. Young did too considering he was double and triple teamed every pass play. I wont complain to get either player. Burrows is fun to watch for sure, but on plays where he has something ridiculous like 9 seconds of clean pocket time, it makes me wonder how much different he would look behind an OL like ours where his level of frustration grows every time he drops back, until he has bags under his eyes and a 1000 yard stare like Dalton did by about week 5. If we take him, we'd better figure out how to protect him real fast. UGA imo screwed up by only rushing 3 and not blitzing much. He will see a big difference against teams like Ravens and Steelers who will bring the heat every play. Throwing a rookie in the fire behind any one of our OLmen except Hopkins is a nervous thought. We need a complete OL flip and get rid of Turner while your at it. Then Id feel better about throwing a rookie out there.
Reply/Quote
Why are people so convinced Detroit will look for a QB? Stafford has 3 more years left on his contract.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:45 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Burrows had a great game. Young did too considering he was double and triple teamed every pass play. I wont complain to get either player. Burrows is fun to watch for sure, but on plays where he has something ridiculous like 9 seconds of clean pocket time, it makes me wonder how much different he would look behind an OL like ours where his level of frustration grows every time he drops back, until he has bags under his eyes and a 1000 yard stare like Dalton did by about week 5. If we take him, we'd better figure out how to protect him real fast. UGA imo screwed up by only rushing 3 and not blitzing much. He will see a big difference against teams like Ravens and Steelers who will bring the heat every play. Throwing a rookie in the fire behind any one of our OLmen except Hopkins is a nervous thought. We need a complete OL flip and get rid of Turner while your at it. Then Id feel better about throwing a rookie out there.

The 3 man rush and the clean pockets really only happened one the 1st drive. Kirby Smart bet on his DBs being able to cover and saw that it wasn't going to work and changed things up real quick and then it was Burrow having to manipulate the pocket and buy extra time himself, which he has had to do all year.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dont forget that a lot of teams need QBs and could trade up to take him in front of Cincy (yet another reason why I want that #1 pick).

Teams like Tennessee, Jax, Detroit, Carolina, Denver and the Chargers could all make a run for him.

This is what worries me.  Too many teams would want to jump in front of us if we did not have the first.  You could add Pitt to that list too.

I wouldn't even rule out the Giants taking him either.

Reply/Quote
I'd have to take Lawrence over Fields.
Reply/Quote
One thing that scares me about Burrow is if his look isnt there he will look to run. ALOT.. you cant exactly do that in the pros. He seems to know where to go with the ball though. He throws alot of quick passes and short passes. I'm not so sure about him. Theres just something about him that kinda makes me feel..fooled.
Reply/Quote