Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Burrow is holding ball to long
He needs to get rid of the ball quicker. some of it is the OLine. Some of it is Burrow holding the ball to long.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:42 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He needs to get rid of the ball quicker. some of it is the OLine. Some of it is Burrow holding the ball to long.

It’s 99% offensive line and 1% Joe Burrow. Under pressure there’s nowhere to throw the ball except out of bounds.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s 99% offensive line and 1% Joe Burrow.  Under pressure there’s nowhere to throw the ball except out of bounds.

And how many times has he thrown it out of bounds? Lol I did see a few throws today that were uncatchable, but he wasn't under duress. His accuracy is off.

I'm kind of concerned he hasn't learned to actually throw the ball away to avoid sacks. It reminds me of Favre, gun slinger, get some picks, get some TDs, win a superbowl somehow.

Like I'm sure have zero Burrow penalties of intentional grounding or even a review of it. Zac should tell Joe I want to see ONE intentional grounding penalty from you next game, lol. Replace it for a sack, make the refs have to call it.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s 99% offensive line and 1% Joe Burrow.  Under pressure there’s nowhere to throw the ball except out of bounds.

So throw it out of bounds and don't take the sack and damage? Not rocket science. He's been holding the ball for three seasons now and still hasn't learned.
Reply/Quote

Where did you derive this percentage from? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote

I have to disagree on 99, . 75% is the line but again one area where Joe has not done well is audibles and moving the pieces a bit more to help with protection or route changes.. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jonah does not look like a franchise LT right now. He gave up 10 sacks last season (including playoffs) and he looks even worse so far this year. And the most concerning thing is the guys that are beating him. If it was Watt or Parsons every time you could live with it.

Reply/Quote
Collins does not look like a top 5 tackle, his play on pass blocking today was just subpar
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Collins does not look like a top 5 tackle, his play on pass blocking today was just subpar

A couple of times I thought he was channeling Bobby Hart.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
IIRC Burrow led the league in accuracy and YPA of passes least year. We used to have at least 1 explosive play a game. That line is in dire straights lol
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Collins does not look like a top 5 tackle, his play on pass blocking today was just subpar

I want to see pff scores tom. After game 1 I thought line was terrible, but they graded ok.
Reply/Quote
Line is headed towards ruining Burrow. It's also not shocking they look better in the 4th quarter of both games when the D is more tired. There is no trust yet and deservedly so. Joe will self correct once the trust is there (if it's not too late). I don't think it's too late to fix yet but it's getting closer each week it continues. All offensive coaching staff need to be 100% dedicated to fixing it by whatever means are needed. Way better playcalling and working with player strength's would help.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:42 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He needs to get rid of the ball quicker. some of it is the OLine. Some of it is Burrow holding the ball to long.

TOTAL BS.  You say Joe needs to get rid of the ball quicker then all that is saying is that the oline isnt holding up long enough to give Burrow a chance to make his reads and adjust.  How many times has Burrow been sacked this year and how many times has it been from him scrambling??  All of this Joe needs to do this and this is pure bullshit trying to make excuses for an offensive line that can't hold a pocket long enough for a QB to make a read.  The offensive line is getting totally MANHANDLED period.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:13 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: A couple of times I thought he was channeling Bobby Hart.

He had to be way off balance when Parsons stiff armed him backwards 5 yards.
Reply/Quote
JB is on record as saying not all sacks are bad. I hope he's starting to question that stance
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:35 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: TOTAL BS.  You say Joe needs to get rid of the ball quicker then all that is saying is that the oline isnt holding up long enough to give Burrow a chance to make his reads and adjust.  How many times has Burrow been sacked this year and how many times has it been from him scrambling??  All of this Joe needs to do this and this is pure bullshit trying to make excuses for an offensive line that can't hold a pocket long enough for a QB to make a read.  The offensive line is getting totally MANHANDLED period.

Andrew Russell who is tracking where the sacks come from 5 are on Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:49 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: So throw it out of bounds and don't take the sack and damage? Not rocket science. He's been holding the ball for three seasons now and still hasn't learned.

Lol, Joe and the Bengals follow your advice and they don't even make it to the AFC Championship game last year.  Yuo get some of the biggest pass plays from scrimmage when the QB scrambles as should be known by the final play of the SB last year....if not for a Donald shoestring tackle Burrow would have hit Chase deep for the win in the SB.  QB scrambles are some of the most advantageous plays of a game.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Still, even giving Burrow credit for 5 sacks, as Andrew Russell does, and Sample responsibility for one sack, that leaves 7 sacks in two games for the offensive line.  That still a lot of sacks, and a lot of hits on the QB. That still comes out to 60 sacks during the regular season.

It's frustrating because everyone and his brother pointed out the problem last year and they don't seem to be able to figure out how to fix it.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: Still, even giving Burrow credit for 5 sacks, as Andrew Russell does, and Sample responsibility for one sack, that leaves 7 sacks in two games for the offensive line.  That still a lot of sacks, and a lot of hits on the QB. That still comes out to 60 sacks during the regular season.

It's frustrating because everyone and his brother pointed out the problem last year and they don't seem to be able to figure out how to fix it.

Shifting shitty O-line play to Burrow taking sacks seems like a cop-out 

It reminds me of the General in Iraq saying everything is fine while getting shelled.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote