Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Burrow out monday......
(09-24-2023, 11:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How you win with backups is let them cut it loose.

The Jeff Blake model.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 11:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Someone a qb you have a hard time game planning can surprise a team that is why I'm thinking Browning gives us a chance, rams are not that good on offense and the crowd will help us, I still give us a chance we have good enough players to win tomorrow without Joe if needed

Rams have twice as many passing yards and more than double our TDs.   They beat the Seahawks in Seattle and played the Niners very tough.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 11:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I suggest you look up what Stafford and Puka Nacua have done through 2 games.

exactly and the bengals defense has been sus
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
what a mess at QB this season so far....
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 08:48 PM)Whacked Wrote: Good memory. lol.

You’re right. I’m a bit negative these days.

Being a die hard Bengal fan for 50 years with so many bad memories will do this to you lol

All this talent and nothing to show for it - frustrating.

Didn't do it to me and I've been with this train since day one! If this team made me negative, I would just quit watching them. I remember seasons when all I wanted was at least 2 wins so it wouldn't be so embarrassing dodging that no win season. Now people are complaining because we might not make the Super Bowl every year. I'd say there's plenty to be positive about.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 09:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Didn't do it to me and I've been with this train since day one! If this team made me negative, I would just quit watching them. I remember seasons when all I wanted was at least 2 wins so it wouldn't be so embarrassing dodging that no win season. Now people are complaining because we might not make the Super Bowl every year. I'd say there's plenty to be positive about.

I'm the same way and since Day 1. During the bad seasons, I just look forward to the draft picks. I have had many a sleepless nights after the Bengals snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, such as the Montana did to us a couple of times (once in the regular season where with six seconds left and the Bengals up by 6, they decided to run around to kill the clock instead of punting and turned the ball over with 2 seconds left; enough time for a Montana to Rice TD.) 

Yeah, it's been painful many times, but that's just a reminder that I'm still alive and still get pumped up about the Bengals and their games. When I lose that interest, it will be time to worry.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 02:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Scout team reps Saturday, first team reps in Sunday walk through.  Game time decision.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/joe-burrow-will-be-a-true-game-time-decision

Yeah, he will play.

(09-24-2023, 02:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: yes he split them but it was also a walkthrough practice.. which in football pretty much means very little on judging if a player can get through real game action... the odds are not good on either he starts or that he starts and is actually efffective

That is the question, how well he plays. The dude is going to fight to play, it isn't in him to sit especially when we are 0-2 and 
desperately need a win, we are at Home playing with our white helmets. This is a big game in his career and it will tell a lot 
about Burrow, the coaches and this team tonight.

(09-24-2023, 04:09 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm not completely sure, but I expect him to give it a go.  Maybe he goes in and makes a judgement call if it bothers him more than he expected.  

I don't have a link, but there's a doctor named Flynn making the rounds telling people that resting the calf probably wouldn't. make a big difference anyway.  He rested it for 6 weeks and still had a re-occurence.  It seems unlikely that shutting him down for a month would get anywhere other than where they were 2 weeks ago.  

I suppose the part that I don't understand is the risk of additional damage if he plays through it.  Is there still a damage control aspect?

It kind of sucks for Burrow.  I'm sure wants to gut it out, but if he does and his play continues to suffer, he's going to take all kinds of criticism for not being tough enough.  

Players play through injuries all year, even quarterbacks.  If he's taking first team reps, then he's at least going to take a crack at starting.  

There is a damage control aspect according to KillerGoose and the doctor he has been talking to.

Don't matter though, it is time to tough it out and get a win so we can salvage the season.

(09-24-2023, 05:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He'll play, Indy just dropped an L on the Ravens. Make up some ground time.

That was good on Indy yesterday. Love it.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 08:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Went to my first game in 1978, I feel you.  We finally have the roster and the experience... defintiely frustrating. 

Which one?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 02:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Which one?

I'll make a wild guess he went to a Bengals game.  Hilarious Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 02:32 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'll make a wild guess he went to a Bengals game.  Hilarious Tongue

Oh, you fooler!

[Image: misery-thefaceofhorror.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 02:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Which one?

Pretty sure it was the Oilers,  I wish had some Earl Campbell memory, I was only 9 years old.  

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 03:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pretty sure it was the Oilers,  I wish had some Earl Campbell memory, I was only 9 years old.  

Here's a good one we can all enjoy, and against this evening's competition, no less.

[Image: earl-campbell-head-butt-o.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 03:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pretty sure it was the Oilers,  I wish had some Earl Campbell memory, I was only 9 years old.  

If it was the game in Cincinnati, i got a game ball from Gary Burley from that game. My first Bengals game was against the Falcons later that year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 04:39 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Here's a good one we can all enjoy, and against this evening's competition, no less.

(09-25-2023, 04:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If it was the game in Cincinnati, i got a game ball from Gary Burley from that game. My first Bengals game was against the Falcons later that year. 

Wow, that is really cool to get a ball that same season.

And Llama, do you remember the tear away jerseys? Earl was the man as I was getting older and playing ball with friends.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 04:39 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Here's a good one we can all enjoy, and against this evening's competition, no less.

Campbell was a beast, but Houston ruined him. They ran him 75% of the game back then..God only knows how many pain killers and steroids they pumped into him..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 04:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Wow, that is really cool to get a ball that same season.  

And Llama, do you remember the tear away jerseys?  Earl was the man as I was getting older and playing ball with friends.

I do.  I also remember Bum, what a character, and all the Luv Ya Blue nonsense that annoyed me at the time.  But, it all seems quaint now 40+ years later.  
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 07:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

LOVE IT!

Has me excited that he'll be fired up to get his first win of the season in The Jungle! The place will be going CRAZY!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 07:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

Just announced he's playing on NFL channel. Not sure how I feel about this but they know more than I do. Go Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 07:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Just announced he's playing on NFL channel. Not sure how I feel about this but they know more than I do. Go Bengals.

I disagree with that statement!
Reply/Quote