Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Burrow out monday......
If he doesn’t play, then having him do anything is plain stupid.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 07:14 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yup. Time to let JB heal and plan for next year.

We need:

1. New play-caller and/or coaches with some creativity
(Priority 1-10 actually)
2. OLine
3. Maybe a speedster / play maker.

Something is just plain DEAD w this O. Zero spark. Just blah.

Plan for next year b/c currently we can’t beat these AFC teams and thus - probably aren’t headed to the SB so what’s the point of risking JB?

Rat Turds
Fins
Bills
Stains
Chiefs
Chargers

Coin Toss:
Colts
Sqealers
Oakland
Jags
Tenn

We don’t look the same on O or D —- so this is not just about JB’s injury and less than stellar playing.

We are very mediocre right now.

Cue the haters

Kind of a loser mentality before game 3 dont you think?   It is absolutely 100% about Burrow's injury.

We have yet to see Joe have a good game.  Fixing the QB spot changes everything tremendously.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 07:14 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yup. Time to let JB heal and plan for next year.

We need:

1. New play-caller and/or coaches with some creativity
(Priority 1-10 actually)
2. OLine
3. Maybe a speedster / play maker.

Something is just plain DEAD w this O. Zero spark. Just blah.

Plan for next year b/c currently we can’t beat these AFC teams and thus - probably aren’t headed to the SB so what’s the point of risking JB?

Rat Turds
Fins
Bills
Stains
Chiefs
Chargers

Coin Toss:
Colts
Sqealers
Oakland
Jags
Tenn

We don’t look the same on O or D —- so this is not just about JB’s injury and less than stellar playing.

We are very mediocre right now.

Cue the haters
Did you really post all that and end with "Cue the haters"?

2funny. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 07:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Kind of a loser mentality before game 3 dont you think?   It is absolutely 100% about Burrow's injury.

We have yet to see Joe have a good game.  Fixing the QB spot changes everything tremendously.

Mehhh. Just being real.

Teams have figured out how to play us and we have not evolved or countered with creative play-calling.

Our D is also a shadow of what it’s been too.

We are off this year in several areas; it’s not just JB.

Ps. Love me some Chase but he can’t seem to get open like he used to or it’s that we just can’t find him and that’s obviously a big prob too.

Heck - even out TE position took a hit IMO and this was a nice emergency option last year. Hurst served his role well.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 07:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you really post all that and end with "Cue the haters"?

2funny. 

Lol. Fair point. Touché. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 07:53 PM)Whacked Wrote: Mehhh. Just being real.  

Teams have figured out how to play us and we have not evolved or countered with creative play-calling.

Ps. Love me some Chase but he can’t seem to get open like he used to or it’s that we just can’t find him and that’s obviously a big prob too.

Heck - even out TE position took a hit IMO and this was a nice emergency option last year.  Hurst served his role well.

You did the same thing last year.  You had the Bills as elite and even pumped up the Browns, declaring doom & gloom on the Bengals after week 2.

Are you trying to reverse jinx us?   Tongue

Admittedly the path will be much tougher this year, we faced some pathetic QBs during the win streak last year.  And if we are limiting the already middle school offense of Zac then we could be in real trouble.

Reply/Quote

Heck - even out TE position took a hit IMO and this was a nice emergency option last year.  Hurst served his role well.

Eh last year they did that Tampa 2 stuff to take away big plays and we figured it out.

I really think Burrow not taking preseason reps has a lot to do with this year's woes.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 07:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You did the same thing last year.  You had the Bills as elite and even pumped up the Browns, declaring doom & gloom on the Bengals after week 2.

Good memory. lol.

You’re right. I’m a bit negative these days.

Being a die hard Bengal fan for 50 years with so many bad memories will do this to you lol

All this talent and nothing to show for it - frustrating.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 08:48 PM)Whacked Wrote: Good memory. lol.

You’re right. I’m a bit negative these days.

Being a die hard Bengal fan for 50 years with so many bad memories will do this to you lol

All this talent and nothing to show for it - frustrating.

Went to my first game in 1978, I feel you.  We finally have the roster and the experience... defintiely frustrating. 

Reply/Quote

Team has definitely regressed. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 08:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Went to my first game in 1978, I feel you.  We finally have the roster and the experience... defintiely frustrating. 

Ahhh. So you feel my pain. Lol
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Let’s hope that one more day (MNF) of rest and playing / remaining in Cincy, indirectly more rest and comforts of home - gives JB the ability to play.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 09:58 PM)Whacked Wrote: Let’s hope that one more day (MNF) of rest and playing / remaining in Cincy, indirectly more rest and comforts of home - gives JB the ability to play.

Like it says, he's going to have pain.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Like it says, he's going to have pain.

Well many players play through pain every game, the worry I have is how limited and unperforming his game was before aggravation not sure he is going be much better or the vanilla offense we have been playing to protect him.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well many players play through pain every game, the worry I have is how limited and unperforming his game was before aggravation not sure he is going be much better or the vanilla offense we have been playing to protect him.

Yep.

Well, if we rest him...our season is over.

If we play him, it's likely over too. But, small chance it isn't.

Without mobility, Donald is going to come for him.

It's the proverbial rock and a hard place.

It's also back to reality for us fans after the last 2 years.

The Steelers pass rush will give us trouble. We could be a last place team.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep.

Hate to say it but …. YUP to all of that !! Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep.

Someone a qb you have a hard time game planning can surprise a team that is why I'm thinking Browning gives us a chance, rams are not that good on offense and the crowd will help us, I still give us a chance we have good enough players to win tomorrow without Joe if needed
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 11:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Someone a qb you have a hard time game planning can surprise a team that is why I'm thinking Browning gives us a chance, rams are not that good on offense and the crowd will help us, I still give us a chance we have good enough players to win tomorrow without Joe if needed

They will have Browning throwing 5 yards or less passes every play. It's going to be brutal.

How you win with backups is let them cut it loose.

The 5 yard or less passes defend themselves.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 11:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Someone a qb you have a hard time game planning can surprise a team that is why I'm thinking Browning gives us a chance, rams are not that good on offense and the crowd will help us, I still give us a chance we have good enough players to win tomorrow without Joe if needed

I suggest you look up what Stafford and Puka Nacua have done through 2 games.

Reply/Quote