Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Burrow out monday......
(09-23-2023, 09:17 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: If he wasn’t close to playing he wouldn’t have been training this week.

Now he might be out Monday but he will be back for the Titans game. I really want to know the full story behind this calf though football “soccer” players pull calf’s all the time and they are back within 4 weeks and run around for 90 minutes.

I know there were rumours that something happened during a walkthrough before the Browns game but there is definitely something more to this than what has been released.

They are also very soft and the tiniest tweak or touch makes them go down like they've been shot. Burrow already played through that phase (for better or worse) and made it worse in the Ravens game. Most importantly, soccer players don't have 260-320lb guys jumping onto or into them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 09:17 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: If he wasn’t close to playing he wouldn’t have been training this week.

Now he might be out Monday but he will be back for the Titans game. I really want to know the full story behind this calf though football “soccer” players pull calf’s all the time and they are back within 4 weeks and run around for 90 minutes.

I know there were rumours that something happened during a walkthrough before the Browns game but there is definitely something more to this than what has been released.

Yeah I know there are different grades and people heal differently. But didn't Hurst have a calf strain last year and it didn't seem like he missed all that much time. I could be forgetting on how long he was out as he wasn't exactly a key piece to our offense. Burrow never had a boot on or anything as far as I'm aware of it was like a week after the 1st injury in camp and it was reported he didn't even have a limp.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 09:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They are also very soft and the tiniest tweak or touch makes them go down like they've been shot. Burrow already played through that phase (for better or worse) and made it worse in the Ravens game. Most importantly, soccer players don't have 260-320lb guys jumping onto or into them.

While I agree that they are soft as puppy shit and fall when a strong wind touches them not one NFL player could cover 1/100th of the ground they run during the course of 90 minutes so needing a healthy calf is a pretty big deal.

If they can come back in 4 weeks and cover miles over 90 minutes Burrow should be able to roll out without the entire Bengals fan bases arseoles puckering and thinking his calf is going to go again (which it has)

Something went on after the initial injury I’m sure of it.
Reply/Quote
Let's just hope The Pats don't sign AJ, because "Bungles"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Unnamed sources I have talked to claim they heard that Destro is Joe Burrow's favorite GI Joe character and he and I will hanging out on Sunday.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 10:38 PM)Destro Wrote: Unnamed sources I have talked to claim they heard that Destro is Joe Burrow's favorite GI Joe character and he and I will hanging out on Sunday.

Destro is my favorite character.
Reply/Quote
Burrow had been heading to being out all week, the question more will he go on IR
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 09:29 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I know there are different grades and people heal differently. But didn't Hurst have a calf strain last year and it didn't seem like he missed all that much time. I could be forgetting on how long he was out as he wasn't exactly a key piece to our offense. Burrow never had a boot on or anything as far as I'm aware of it was like a week after the 1st injury in camp and it was reported he didn't even have a limp.

But that first play of training camp he already had a sleeve or wrap on the calf, so he clearly had something going on already on that leg.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 09:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Signing McCarron is kind of an indication that he's likely out

No it doesn't. We needed am experienced backup on the team as is. 

That being said it doesn't mean Joe is playing either. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 06:57 PM)Whacked Wrote: ^ same and yup

Ps. AJ > current backups = Start him instead if JB is out please.

How do you think AJ is going to just magically learn the system in a couple of days?
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 12:25 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Burrow had been heading to being out all week, the question more will he go on IR

Rub some dirt on it and go play. Lets go.JoeNervous
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 12:25 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Burrow had been heading to being out all week, the question more will he go on IR

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:37 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: But that first play of training camp he already had a sleeve or wrap on the calf, so he clearly had something going on already on that leg.

It wasn't the first play, it was the third day, when everyone is sore everywhere.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 11:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How do you think AJ is going to just magically learn the system in a couple of days?

The same way Baker Mayfield magically learned the same system in LA last year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 11:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Destro is my favorite character.

I collect Destro items. Have dozens.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 11:08 AM)Hello to everyone Wrote: Rub some dirt on it and go play. Lets go.JoeNervous

isnt that what Mahomes did in playoffs last yr?  
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 11:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The same way Baker Mayfield magically learned the same system in LA last year

While I pointed that out last week, it was an anomaly. 
Reply/Quote
Burrow or no Burrow, every member of the team needs to step up and play better. Offense, defense, punting...everyone. RBs and O-line dominate, WRs catch anything coming their way, the defense play lights out, Browning can be back there and we easily get a W.

I called a healthy Burrow a cheat code before. We should be able to win, cheat code or not.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 11:21 AM)Destro Wrote: Burrow or no Burrow, every member of the team needs to step up and play better. Offense, defense, punting...everyone. RBs and O-line dominate, WRs catch anything coming their way, the defense play lights out, Browning can be back there and we easily get a W.

I called a healthy Burrow a cheat code before. We should be able to win, chat code or not.

This. If the oline steps up, we should win this game on the ground with Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 11:16 AM)kalibengal Wrote: isnt that what Mahomes did in playoffs last yr?  

If by dirt you mean painkillers, then yes.  
Reply/Quote