Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Burrow out monday......
(09-24-2023, 11:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This. If the oline steps up, we should win this game on the ground with Mixon.

Through the first 2 games, the Bengals rushing attempts to passing attempts is 35 to 73 for a 32% rushing rate.  Last season, it was 40% rushing to 60% passing.
Hopefully, ZT has been transforming this team to use Joe Mixon.  I will hold my breath because even when JB was hurt, they leaned on him even more, which may or may not have contributed to his re-injury.

Hopefully, we'll be able develop a dominate rushing attack quickly, but I don't really see that happening.  Probably should've considered that a month ago.  Or if you don't want to change the playbook, at least get the best passer you can afford at QB2 just in case JB gets hurt.

Looking back at the game logs over the last 4 seasons.  The team rushed for over 100 yards:
2019: 7 games
2020: 8 games
2021: 7 games
2022: 6 games

For comparison, I looked at a team with a similar high-flying passing offense. The Chiefs 100 yard games over the same year span: 7, 9, 10, 10

ZT's game-planning for running the ball doesn't seem to be his strong suit. 
We should prepare for the worst.  
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Let's go Jake!

I'm looking forward to seeing how a mobile quarterback does with these weapons.

It's looking increasingly likely Burrow won't play.
Reply/Quote
Burrow took first team reps yesterday according to Jay Glazier. We will see...
Reply/Quote
The point spread still thinks he is going to play. Rams would go up to at least 2 point favorites if he doesn't play line is at - 2.5 Bengals
Reply/Quote
Burrow is playing. I don’t know why people can’t see it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 11:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: While I pointed that out last week, it was an anomaly. 

Not "Magic"?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 01:38 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Burrow is playing. I don’t know why people can’t see it.

He's 100% playing. Him taking first team reps is all you need to know.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 12:25 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Burrow had been heading to being out all week, the question more will he go on IR

Have you been reading all of the reports/interviews since the end of the Ravens game in reverse order? 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 01:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burrow took first team reps yesterday according to Jay Glazier. We will see...

Scout team reps Saturday, first team reps in Sunday walk through.  Game time decision.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/joe-burrow-will-be-a-true-game-time-decision
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 11:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It wasn't the first play, it was the third day, when everyone is sore everywhere.

I was certain I read it was the first practice.  Google results led to the original article I read on it, and it said it was the first day with the sleeve, so I must have crossed the two in my mind.  Regardless of when it was, the fact he was wearing a sleeve indicates there was an existing issue.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 12:19 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Through the first 2 games, the Bengals rushing attempts to passing attempts is 35 to 73 for a 32% rushing rate.  Last season, it was 40% rushing to 60% passing.
Hopefully, ZT has been transforming this team to use Joe Mixon.  I will hold my breath because even when JB was hurt, they leaned on him even more, which may or may not have contributed to his re-injury.

Hopefully, we'll be able develop a dominate rushing attack quickly, but I don't really see that happening.  Probably should've considered that a month ago.  Or if you don't want to change the playbook, at least get the best passer you can afford at QB2 just in case JB gets hurt.

Looking back at the game logs over the last 4 seasons.  The team rushed for over 100 yards:
2019: 7 games
2020: 8 games
2021: 7 games
2022: 6 games

For comparison, I looked at a team with a similar high-flying passing offense.  The Chiefs 100 yard games over the same year span: 7, 9, 10, 10

ZT's game-planning for running the ball doesn't seem to be his strong suit. 
We should prepare for the worst.  

I don;t think it helps that we have been behind every game.. double digits in 2nd half.. that would account for the difference as much as anything
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 01:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burrow took first team reps yesterday according to Jay Glazier. We will see...

yes he split them but it was also a walkthrough practice.. which in football pretty much means very little on judging if a player can get through real game action... the odds are not good on either he starts or that he starts and is actually efffective
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 02:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Scout team reps Saturday, first team reps in Sunday walk through.  Game time decision.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/joe-burrow-will-be-a-true-game-time-decision

Probably looks like he'll play. I really think he should've sat week 1 at the least, but if he can go you probably can't sit him here unless we're concerned about ruining him long term. 0-3 is very close to season ending.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 02:50 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Probably looks like he'll play. I really think he should've sat week 1 at the least, but if he can go you probably can't sit him here unless we're concerned about ruining him long term. 0-3 is very close to season ending.

I'm not completely sure, but I expect him to give it a go.  Maybe he goes in and makes a judgement call if it bothers him more than he expected.  

I don't have a link, but there's a doctor named Flynn making the rounds telling people that resting the calf probably wouldn't. make a big difference anyway.  He rested it for 6 weeks and still had a re-occurence.  It seems unlikely that shutting him down for a month would get anywhere other than where they were 2 weeks ago.  

I suppose the part that I don't understand is the risk of additional damage if he plays through it.  Is there still a damage control aspect?

It kind of sucks for Burrow.  I'm sure wants to gut it out, but if he does and his play continues to suffer, he's going to take all kinds of criticism for not being tough enough.  

Players play through injuries all year, even quarterbacks.  If he's taking first team reps, then he's at least going to take a crack at starting.  
Reply/Quote
He'll play, Indy just dropped an L on the Ravens. Make up some ground time.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 05:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He'll play, Indy just dropped an L on the Ravens. Make up some ground time.

If this is the case and Joe Burrow truly plays I’m hoping Zac Taylor calls for more runs than passes.
Reply/Quote
I dont care if he plays or not. Actually probably better he doesnt. This team is a train wreck right now
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 01:52 PM)TheFan Wrote: Have you been reading all of the reports/interviews since the end of the Ravens game in reverse order? 

Yes, he is listed as limited still. I don't take much stock in season practice, they hardly go 100 %, yesterday a walkthrough means little, why do u think it is called walk through. At this point bengals are in a pickle since they hardly go 100% so they can't determine if Burrow really can go.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 12:25 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Burrow had been heading to being out all week, the question more will he go on IR

(09-24-2023, 02:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: yes he split them but it was also a walkthrough practice.. which in football pretty much means very little on judging if a player can get through real game action... the odds are not good on either he starts or that he starts and is actually efffective

If they do not plan on playing him it is stupid to practice him. Calf injuries heal with rest.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 07:00 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I dont care if he plays or not. Actually probably better he doesnt. This team is a train wreck right now

Yup. Time to let JB heal and plan for next year.

We need:

1. New play-caller and/or coaches with some creativity
(Priority 1-10 actually)
2. OLine
3. Maybe a speedster / play maker.

Something is just plain DEAD w this O. Zero spark. Just blah.

Plan for next year b/c currently we can’t beat these AFC teams and thus - probably aren’t headed to the SB so what’s the point of risking JB?

Rat Turds
Fins
Bills
Stains
Chiefs
Chargers

Coin Toss:
Colts
Sqealers
Oakland
Jags
Tenn

We don’t look the same on O or D —- so this is not just about JB’s injury and less than stellar playing.

We are very mediocre right now.

Cue the haters
Reply/Quote