Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow's 1st Year Numbers
(04-07-2020, 02:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hey, all I'm saying is that when you're on the Burrow wagon there is no sense in hoping for "confidence-protecting" boring gameplans.  Either the kid is really a "get him in there and let er rip" Andrew Luck type, or he isn't.  I want to see us use Burrow and I want to see him go for the other team's balls and not get into a pouty funk if things go awry.

Sure, I'm snarky, but I think Burrow is too good to be treated like Derek Carr's extra sensitive little brother.  If Burrow throws a single digit number of INTs his rookie year (remember, Luck had 18 INTs as a day-one starter in 2012) then he is either truly the next Otto Graham or ZT and company played chicken shit football and they should be canned.  Unless chickenshit football gets us to the playoffs, then I'll change my tune.  My mind is open as hell.
Riiiiiight.  Peeing down my neck and calling it rain water.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:14 PM)McC Wrote: Actually, I misspoke.  What I meant to say was your mighty, unrelenting snark gun which plays no favorites and shoots at everyone and everything.

Listen, I'm from Pittsburgh so if I wanted to just be a rah rah football fan I'd be wearing black and gold and screaming about 6-burgh and how Ben totally didn't do nothin, for real and I"d be honored if he banged my wife.

If I'm drinking the Burrow favorade the last thing I want is to see ZT call a wimpy gameplan because that'll lead to us wonder what Burrow will look like when he "finally gets a real coach" and then we can talk about how Burrow is technically a rookie for years.  I want to see something interesting, and it's been a boring 4 years in these parts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:16 PM)McC Wrote: Riiiiiight.  Peeing down my neck and calling it rain water.

What about my statements don't you believe?  I'm the one being positive by saying that Burrow doesn't need to have a rookie statline that makes Andrew Luck look like a bum to make me giddy.  Geez.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Listen, I'm from Pittsburgh so if I wanted to just be a rah rah football fan I'd be wearing black and gold and screaming about 6-burgh and how Ben totally didn't do nothin, for real and I"d be honored if he banged my wife.

If I'm drinking the Burrow favorade the last thing I want is to see ZT call a wimpy gameplan because that'll lead to us wonder what Burrow will look like when he "finally gets a real coach" and then we can talk about how Burrow is technically a rookie for years.  I want to see something interesting, and it's been a boring 4 years in these parts.

Yeah, that's it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What about my statements don't you believe?  I'm the one being positive by saying that Burrow doesn't need to have a rookie statline that makes Andrew Luck look like a bum to make me giddy.  Geez.

Sure.  My bad.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:24 PM)McC Wrote: Sure.  My bad.

[Image: latest?cb=20150903211302]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: latest?cb=20150903211302]
Moi?  Never.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 01:07 PM)jason Wrote: 4 is twice as many as 2... Tyler Boyd isn't as explosive as AJ as a rookie, and never will be. At one point in 2011 the defense was ranked number 1... And most importantly, we had a proven coaching staff back then. Maybe not so much Gruden yet, but still.

All these FA signings still have to show it. Free agents flop around the league all the time.

Come on now.. as i stated 2 wins vs 4 wins is one win different means the same.. (not like 4 wins vs 8 wins) bottom line both teams were bad before Dalton took over and Burrow will take over.  2011 our defense was not great.. 24th in points is not good and middle of the pack in yards.. 

Even without the draft (which we will assume we will get better) on offense very little difference.. we are probably better at WR and RB in 2019 , better at offense line in 2011 and TE slight add to 2011.. and this is before our draft.. 

So in conclusion Burrow as the consensus clear #1 pick coming off a record breaking year should put up better numbers than Dalton a 2nd round pick in 2011 all things being equal... if not it will be a disappointment..  
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Come on now.. as i stated 2 wins vs 4 wins is one win different means the same.. (not like 4 wins vs 8 wins) bottom line both teams were bad before Dalton took over and Burrow will take over.  2011 our defense was not great.. 24th in points is not good and middle of the pack in yards.. 

Even without the draft (which we will assume we will get better) on offense very little difference.. we are probably better at WR and RB in 2019 , better at offense line in 2011 and TE slight add to 2011.. and this is before our draft.. 

So in conclusion Burrow as the consensus clear #1 pick coming off a record breaking year should put up better numbers than Dalton a 2nd round pick in 2011 all things being equal... if not it will be a disappointment..  

WHA?

I realize there is some kind of new math but have they really changed what four minus two equals?  Now wonder they can't make change at fast food joints.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:41 PM)McC Wrote: WHA?

I realize there is some kind of new math but have they really changed what four minus two equals?  Now wonder they can't make change at fast food joints.

have you followed the thread ?? the argument that 2011 won double the games than 2019 is just a weak argument for the quality difference of the teams.   4-12 and 2-14 are just bad... Im sure the Giants who won 4 games really think they are so much better than Bengals that won 2.   

It is less about having twice the wins and more about number of wins that will make the difference when you compare.

Which in football understanding there is a big difference comparing two teams  with 4  and 2 wins compared to two teams with 8 and 4 wins even though they are double the wins.  Take one win away from 2011 Bengals and add one win to 2019 Bengals they have the same record...  

Hope now I have educated you... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 05:35 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 3,200 yards
20 TD/13 INT

Awful high expectations in this thread for a rookie on a bad offense with a bad OC.

Top 15 pick QB rookie seasons '18-'19...
Daniel Jones: 3,027 yards/24 TD/12 INT  (13 games)
Josh Allen: 2,074 yards/10 TD/12 INT  (12 games)
Sam Darnold: 2,865 yards/17 TD/15 INT  (13 games)
Kyler Murray: 3,722 yards/20 TD/12 INT  (16 games)
Baker Mayfield: 3,725 yards/27 TD/14 INT  (14 games)
Dwayne Haskins: 1,365 yards/7 TD/7 INT  (9 games)
Josh Rosen: 2,278 yards/11 TD/14 INT  (14 games)

Note that the only one to have less than 12 INT is a guy who only played 9 games and still had 7 INT. Even the 13 INT (in 16 games) that I predicted would be a good pace for Burrow's rookie season.

There's just about zero chance that Burrow has only 6 INT this year. People predicting him to have a Dak Prescott-ish season need to remember that Dak Prescott did it with the 2nd ranked rushing offense in the league with a 1st Team All-Pro RB, a 1st Ballot HoF TE, and an OL with at least 3 1st Team All-Pros on it. Burrow will have exactly none of that with him.

Burrow seems to be a better Prospect/Talent than all of them though. Kyler's 20/12 and 3,700 yds was with a bad offense last year.

I'd expect Burrow to get over 4,000 yds, 27TDs and 7 INTs with a good cast of Mixon/Gio, AJ, Boyd, Ross, Tate and additions from the draft.
The only way I don't see 4K is if they are running Mixon and whoever else 20-30 times every game.
I wouldn't be surprised if they trade down from #33 and get his side kick from last year, Clyde Helaire, to team up with Mixon and cut Gio to save some money.
In interviews, Burrow has mentioned that Helaire is the best player he's ever played with in his career. That's some accolades right there.
It would be exciting IMO to team them up again; and then draft Chase somehow next year as well. But, they'd have to be drafting in the Top 3-5 for that pipe dream to happen! Lol
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 03:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: have you followed the thread ?? the argument that 2011 won double the games than 2019 is just a weak argument for the quality difference of the teams.   4-12 and 2-14 are just bad... Im sure the Giants who won 4 games really think they are so much better than Bengals that won 2.   

It is less about having twice the wins and more about number of wins that will make the difference when you compare.

Which in football understanding there is a big difference comparing two teams  with 4  and 2 wins compared to two teams with 8 and 4 wins even though they are double the wins.  Take one win away from 2011 Bengals and add one win to 2019 Bengals they have the same record...  

Hope now I have educated you... Hilarious
I don't know about all that.  I was just wondering when 2 became one less than four.  If that's your understanding of math, please do not ever try to educate me.

Reply/Quote
20 TDs and 8 INTs. I don’t see his TDs being that high because I think Mixon is gonna utilized the most. They found success with the run game late last year and I think they lean heavily on it this year for the ole rookie.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 04:30 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: 20 TDs and 8 INTs. I don’t see his TDs being that high because I think Mixon is gonna utilized the most. They found success with the run game late last year and I think they lean heavily on it this year for the ole rookie.

Makes sense. 

If his TD/Int rate is more than two to one, you can win with that.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 04:00 PM)McC Wrote: I don't know about all that.  I was just wondering when 2 became one less than four.  If that's your understanding of math, please do not ever try to educate me.

Guess some people have a harder time with thinking outside a straight line.. I will remember that..
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 04:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Guess some point have a harder time with thinking outside a straight line.. I will remember that..

So 2 is only one less than 4 if you think in a crooked line?  O-kay.  We're done here.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 12:31 PM)McC Wrote: Don't feed the troll.

Based on the recent history of Bengals first round picks I am predicting 14-22, 158 yds, 1 td, 1 int.

:giggle:
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote:  I want to see us use Burrow and I want to see him go for the other team's balls and not get into a pouty funk if things go awry.

Nothing worse than a grown man pouting about not getting the balls he was chasing.

Shy
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 05:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on the recent history of Bengals first round picks I am predicting 14-22, 158 yds, 1 td, 1 int.

:giggle:

Beat me to it.. but I was going all zeroes across the board.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:28 PM)McC Wrote: Moi?  Never.

Flavin
Reply/Quote