Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow's 1st Year Numbers
(04-07-2020, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I think he will struggle

The Dolphins don't really have a lot of weapons on offense.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-i.huffpost.com%2Fgen%...f=1&nofb=1]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd rather see Burrow come in and throw double-digit picks playing the same style of football we saw at LSU than have him show up and throw single-digit picks playing a conservative style of football like what we have become accustomed to seeing around here. I think his numbers will be pretty good but unless they ruin him, the guy takes chances and he is going to throw some picks as he adjusts to the NFL and learns which throws get him into trouble at this level.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 12:15 AM)EatonFan Wrote: So... just for fun and I'm bored of being shut in....

What do you guys predict?  His 1st season as a Bengals starter.

Whatcha got?

I got 22 TDs.  8 INTs.  3500 Yards.

I would start at Mayfield's rookie season and add 10%.  He is starting week 1 and has a solid set of weapons.  Although, hopefully he won't be playing catch up all the time.  
Reply/Quote
[quote pid='853139' dateline='1586351693']
I'd rather see Burrow come in and throw double-digit picks playing the same style of football we saw at LSU than have him show up and throw single-digit picks playing a conservative style of football like what we have become accustomed to seeing around here. I think his numbers will be pretty good but unless they ruin him, the guy takes chances and he is going to throw some picks as he adjusts to the NFL and learns which throws get him into trouble at this level.
[/quote]

I think he can show a lot in his rookie year and do a lot of good even while throwing picks because he's taking an active hand in the game plan. Luck went 11-5 as a rookie and immediately lived up to the hype AND threw 18 INTs.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 11:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: [quote pid='853139' dateline='1586351693']

I think he can show a lot in his rookie year and do a lot of good even while throwing picks because he's taking an active hand in the game plan. Luck went 11-5 as a rookie and immediately lived up to the hype AND threw 18 INTs.
[/quote]

Luck also had Reggie Wayne/TY Hilton/Donnie Avery/Coby Fleener as his pass catchers his rookie year.

That's better than Broken AJ Green/Tyler Boyd/John Ross/CJ Uzomah.

Also can't forget that Luck had Bruce Arians as his OC.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I honestly think this year is going to be pretty rough for Burrow and the Bengals. IF we don't have a normal offseason (which I highly doubt we will) it will really set this team back.

I do think you'll see a year similar to the first year he had at LSU. Rough start to the year and progressively better at the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 01:05 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I honestly think this year is going to be pretty rough for Burrow and the Bengals. IF we don't have a normal offseason (which I highly doubt we will) it will really set this team back.

I do think you'll see a year similar to the first year he had at LSU. Rough start to the year and progressively better at the end of the season.

I'm starting to get the feeling there won't even be a season this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 03:28 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dalton vs Burrow rookie year surrounding cast comparison...

WR1: AJ Green (Healthy) vs AJ Green (32, broken) = Advantage Dalton
WR2: Jerome Simpson vs Tyler Boyd = Huge Advantage Burrow
WR3: Andre Caldwell vs John Ross = Push
RB: Cedric Benson vs Joe Mixon =  Small Advantage Burrow
TE: Jermaine Gresham vs CJ Uzomah = Huge Advantage Dalton

LT: Andrew Whitworth vs Jonah Williams = ENORMOUS Advantage Dalton
LG: Nate Livings vs Michael Jordan = Push
C: Kyle Cook vs Trey Hopkins = Push
RG: Bobbie Williams vs Xavier Su'a-Filo = Small Advantage Dalton
RT: Andre Smith vs Bobby Hart = Huge Advantage Dalton

OC: Jay Gruden vs Zac Taylor/Brian Callahan = Huge Advantage Dalton

- - - - - - - -

That's 6 for Dalton, 2 for Burrow, and 3 Pushes in my mind.

It might be comparable numbers with Dalton's rookie season, but it wouldn't be a let down because Dalton had a better OL and a far better OC than Burrow will.

Hopkins>Cook

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 01:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think he can show a lot in his rookie year and do a lot of good even while throwing picks because he's taking an active hand in the game plan. Luck went 11-5 as a rookie and immediately lived up to the hype AND threw 18 INTs.

Luck also had Reggie Wayne/TY Hilton/Donnie Avery/Coby Fleener as his pass catchers his rookie year.

[/quote]

And Luck threw 18 picks so we are putting Burrow in a tougher situation and hoping he can vastly outplay him.  I hope it happens but that's a tall task. 

Im just saying we should stop saying Burrow is the best prospect since Luck if we are hoping for such amazing production.  We gotta compare him to Otto Graham or Elway or non cokehead Marino. 
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 01:17 PM)jason Wrote: I'm starting to get the feeling there won't even be a season this year.

It's agita.  Just take a Zantac.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 01:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Luck also had Reggie Wayne/TY Hilton/Donnie Avery/Coby Fleener as his pass catchers his rookie year.

I think a lot of Burrow's success or lack of it this season will depend on how AJ and Ross's seasons pan out ? I mean can Boyd and Tate and whoever get it done without them ??

Perhaps we'll get lucky and get a decent WR in the draft that can chip in some if those two spit the bit ?
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 01:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hopkins>Cook

No way.

Cook only allowed 4 sacks in his first three season as a starter ('09-'11), and was consistently listed among "Pro Bowl snubs" by Pat Kirwan and other experts.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way.

Cook only allowed 4 sacks in his first three season as a starter ('09-'11), and was consistently listed among "Pro Bowl snubs" by Pat Kirwan and other experts.

You getting those numbers from the same place that tells you Hart only gave up 4 last season?

Hopkins was rated one of the best centers in the league for about a month last season. I never remember Cook playing at that high a level.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 01:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think a lot of Burrow's success or lack of it this season will depend on how AJ and Ross's seasons pan out ? I mean can Boyd and Tate and whoever get it done without them ??

Perhaps we'll get lucky and get a decent WR in the draft that can chip in some if those two spit the bit ?

Fingers crossed and all, but if Ross plays a big part in this season I expect INTs.
Reply/Quote
Can’t we just watch the games and see what he does? What’s the point in arguing. Oh he’s a number one pick he’ll do like Luck and the Browns crappy QB. Oh Dalton had this and he only has this. We don’t know what he has. They might draft a fire WR in the second or later than completely blows up. Or AJ can come back and play 16 games with a vengeance. He would have played last year if we were any kind of competitive.

Let’s just watch the kid play. Actually hell let’s watch the draft and make sure we pick him first.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 01:32 PM)McC Wrote: It's agita.  Just take a Zantac.

You spelled Xanax wrong...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 02:03 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Can’t we just watch the games and see what he does? What’s the point in arguing. Oh he’s a number one pick he’ll do like Luck and the Browns crappy QB. Oh Dalton had this and he only has this. We don’t know what he has. They might draft a fire WR in the second or later than completely blows up. Or AJ can come back and play 16 games with a vengeance. He would have played last year if we were any kind of competitive.

Let’s just watch the kid play. Actually hell let’s watch the draft and make sure we pick him first.

I intend to watch the kid play when the season starts. 
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 02:09 PM)jason Wrote: You spelled Xanax wrong...

You mean that movie where Olivia newton john has magic rollerskates?
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 02:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You mean that movie where Olivia newton john has magic rollerskates?

Classic... For my money it gets no better than when she sings I Honestly Love You. Even if that's not her song.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 02:23 PM)jason Wrote: Classic... For my money it gets no better than when she sings I Honestly Love You. Even if that's not her song.

I sang that song to my 3rd wife right before I admitted to her that I was having an affair with the pool boy.
Reply/Quote