Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow's 1st Year Numbers
I think Dalton starts this year and Burrow sits the bench. May not be a bad idea.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 07:37 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I think Dalton starts this year and Burrow sits the bench. May not be a bad idea.

Not bad, terrible. Burrow is already 23, and by all accounts completely ready to run a pro offense. It’s would be extremely stupid to waste a year of his rookie deal.

For every Mahomes type situation, there’s plenty of other examples of guys coming right in and playing well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 07:37 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I think Dalton starts this year and Burrow sits the bench. May not be a bad idea.

How will it be possible for a QB who is on another team to start for the Bengals?

And you're right.  Not a bad idea.  A horrible idea
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
37 TD's
7 INT's
4357 yards
3 rushing TD's
254 Rushing Yards
3-0 in the playoffs
Super Bowl MVP 3 years in a row, Sample Super Bowl MVP in year 4
First Rookie QB to win a Super Bowl.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I think he'll be in the low 60s for completion %, about 25 TD, 13 Picks, and 3500 yards.
Reply/Quote

Turrible in my best Charles Barkley voice....

Turrrible idea...
Reply/Quote

Joe Burrow is as ready as any College QB has ever been with starting year 1 as a Pro (The best comparison should be Andrew Luck coming out that year. He's ready to go, just insert and watch him go)!

Burrow just put up RECORD NUMBERS  in College running what was basically the New Orleans Saints Route Tree!!
And, the Bengals organization has Ex QBs running the show. As Brian Callihan has mentioned they have enough ex QB's in the building to help a Rookie QB out like Burrow.
C'mon Folks, get with it!
Dalton is not needed here whatsoever, just an obstacle at this point.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 10:13 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Joe Burrow is as ready as any College QB has ever been with starting year 1 as a Pro (The best comparison should be Andrew Luck coming out that year. He's ready to go, just insert and watch him go)!

Burrow just put up RECORD NUMBERS  in College running what was basically the New Orleans Saints Route Tree!!
And, the Bengals organization has Ex QBs running the show. As Brian Callihan has mentioned they have enough ex QB's in the building to help a Rookie QB out like Burrow.
C'mon Folks, get with it!
Dalton is not needed here whatsoever, just an obstacle at this point.

What Jersey said... Joe
Reply/Quote
I knew that would rile up the board. Nobody wants Dalton so Mike Brown has to pay him. Wouldn't put it past him to get a return of his investment. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 10:22 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I knew that would rile up the board. Nobody wants Dalton so Mike Brown has to pay him. Wouldn't put it past him to get a return of his investment. lol

No, if nobody wants Dalton you cut him and save 17 mil.

Not rocket science man.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 10:22 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I knew that would rile up the board. Nobody wants Dalton so Mike Brown has to pay him. Wouldn't put it past him to get a return of his investment. lol

Correction: nobody wants Dalton at that price. Everyone knows we’ll end up cutting him, and then they can sign him for backup money.

Reply/Quote
Well Dalton might be worth more if he has the My Pillow guy sell him and provide a discount code. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 07:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not bad, terrible. Burrow is already 23, and by all accounts completely ready to run a pro offense. It’s would be extremely stupid to waste a year of his rookie deal.

For every Mahomes type situation, there’s plenty of other examples of guys coming right in and playing well.

and there are plenty of examples of players coming in and not playing well and setting them back... if we keep Dalton and Burrow shows he is not ready to take the reins I have no problem taking another year of rebuild and let Dalton take the hits and Burrow to learn ... if Burrow is deemed ready than let him play... 
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 05:15 PM)McC Wrote: So 2 is only one less than 4 if you think in a crooked line?  O-kay.  We're done here.

You were done when you posted...... Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 12:26 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and there are plenty of examples of players coming in and not playing well and setting them back... if we keep Dalton and Burrow shows he is not ready to take the reins I have no problem taking another year of rebuild and let Dalton take the hits and Burrow to learn ... if Burrow is deemed ready than let him play... 

We’re not keeping Dalton. We literally can’t afford it. It’s also probably best to cut ties and make it clear this is Burrow’s team now. Keeping a well liked guy like Dalton, who’s played with some of his teammates for almost a decade, and has made it clear he wants to start, as a backup is asking for trouble.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 06:45 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: 5200 yards 58 TD 5 Int 16-0 Super Bowl Champion

[Image: 2h42t1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 12:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re not keeping Dalton. We literally can’t afford it. It’s also probably best to cut ties and make it clear this is Burrow’s team now. Keeping a well liked guy like Dalton, who’s played with some of his teammates for almost a decade, and has made it clear he wants to start, as a backup is asking for trouble.

i believe Dalton will not be on the team but Dalton will be a team player if he is for a few reasons

1. He showed that last year he is a class act,.. that is not going to change
2.  The Bengals did try to trade him and at this time if traded or let go he would be a backup
3.  He knows he either going to be traded during the season or will be gone after this contract year...
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 01:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i believe Dalton will not be on the team but Dalton will be a team player if he is for a few reasons

1. He showed that last year he is a class act,.. that is not going to change
2.  The Bengals did try to trade him and at this time if traded or let go he would be a backup
3.  He knows he either going to be traded during the season or will be gone after this contract year...

What is your source for #2? Because it’s pure speculation/rumors.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 01:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What is your source for #2? Because it’s pure speculation/rumors.

He doesn't even know two plus two is four.  Consider the source.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 12:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Your numbers would be a disappointment to me since those are pretty much on par with Dalton as a rookie and a team in 2011 that also did not have much coming into the season on offense.  If Burrow is the real deal he should show better numbers than Dalton first year no doubt...

Dalton vs Burrow rookie year surrounding cast comparison...

WR1: AJ Green (Healthy) vs AJ Green (32, broken) = Advantage Dalton
WR2: Jerome Simpson vs Tyler Boyd = Huge Advantage Burrow
WR3: Andre Caldwell vs John Ross = Push
RB: Cedric Benson vs Joe Mixon =  Small Advantage Burrow
TE: Jermaine Gresham vs CJ Uzomah = Huge Advantage Dalton

LT: Andrew Whitworth vs Jonah Williams = ENORMOUS Advantage Dalton
LG: Nate Livings vs Michael Jordan = Push
C: Kyle Cook vs Trey Hopkins = Push
RG: Bobbie Williams vs Xavier Su'a-Filo = Small Advantage Dalton
RT: Andre Smith vs Bobby Hart = Huge Advantage Dalton

OC: Jay Gruden vs Zac Taylor/Brian Callahan = Huge Advantage Dalton

- - - - - - - -

That's 6 for Dalton, 2 for Burrow, and 3 Pushes in my mind.

It might be comparable numbers with Dalton's rookie season, but it wouldn't be a let down because Dalton had a better OL and a far better OC than Burrow will.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote