Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Burrow's Looking Good And Is About To EXPLODE!
(10-06-2023, 05:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Titans were a bad team before they got to play us. Their team stats before and after playing us.....

15.0 points per game scored  ---> 18.0 points per game scored
240 offensive yards per game  ---> 280 offensive yards per game

22.3 points per game allowed  ---> 17.5 points per game allowed
347 yards per game allowed  ---> 311 yards per game allowed

15 points per game on offense would make them the 29th scoring offense, but 18 makes them 23rd.
22.3 points per game allowed would make them the 17th scoring defense, but 17.5 makes them 8th.

- - - - - -

That's the problem with looking at averages and rankings this early for teams. Some teams get to play teams like The 2023 Bengals that absolutely make them look amazing, and some teams haven't yet.

It's not just that they're all super amazing that the Bengals have played the 5th, 3rd, 15th, and 8th scoring defenses. It's also because the Bengals offense is just terrible, and when you only score 3 offensive TDs all season, opposing defenses are going to look real good because of it.

The pathetic Giants scored 31 against Arizona in week 2, following week Arizona held the Cowboys' offense to 16 points. Last week (week 4) the Niners put up 35 against them. There's some inconsistency for sure. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 05:39 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm glad you are Positive as opposed to all the Negative.  I hope you are right.  I have yet to see Burrow looking good this year, or the O Line looking like it is getting it together.  Nor do I see Higgins as still questionable on Friday afternoon as an upside.  

All road games are hard and Arizona will be no easy game.  I just hope Bengals win and Burrow doesn't injure himself even more.  Big difference between low contact practice and full contact games. 

If Bengals win, they could come home and beat Seattle and be back to 3-3 on season at bye week 7.   That is not a dominate record, but it is better than 2-4 or 1-5.   After last week, I'm not sure Burrow is healthy enough to start.  I'm starting to buy into those who said he should rest and let his injury fully heal.  However I'm glad you are Positive, not Negative.  I also want the Bengals to win this Sunday.  I am not one who throws in the towel, and starts talking NFL Draft with 12 games left in regular season.  

So GO BENGALS and beat Arizona.   I don't think it's going to be an easy road game, and Arizona could beat us, but I hope Bengals Win. Now if it is an easy game, I hope somebody tells Arizona, otherwise they will show up to win.  I don't look for Bengals to explode and win 50 to 0 or anything, but I hope Bengals can just get out with a win.

Tiger 
There's a difference between practice and games, but he feels better than he has and is looking better, so hopefully Zac can call plays that can get the ball out of his hands quick and he doesn't even have much of a shot to take hits.

I'm also hoping feeling better means he'll make better throws because he'll be able to step into them more.

Cardinals are the 2nd worst team in the league against the run, so hopefully we can get Mixon going, which will silence the crowd and hold the pass rushers from just teeing off on Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 03:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The first reply to this will be "if he's about to explode, that's not good because we need a quarterback!"

I'm brain damaged and even I know that's an unoriginal and lame response!

Anyways, on to the topic.................

Apparently, Burrow has been looking as good as he has all year and feels as good he has all year!

The Cardinals blitz at one of the lowest rates of NFL defenses, so that will obviously help if they stick to that.

Obviously, teams game plan for individual games, but they also don't want to do something that they don't do well, and their secondary is horrible, so blitzing people means less people to help the struggling pass defense, and Burrow could get the ball out quickly to Chase, and I saw Higgins could play Sunday and is listed as questionable!

The line is looking like it's finally figuring things out and could use this game as a confidence boost!

Since Palmer, people have always complained about our slow starts to seasons, but maybe it's just part of the Cinci curse.

Anyways, this could be the game to get us back on track!

WHO-DEY!

Was it last week when you said you were so excited you were going to bet $500 more dollars on the game? Or was that the Ravens game? Whichever one it was we lost and I remember worrying about you when you didn't contribute to the forum afterward. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 08:24 PM)Nepa Wrote: Was it last week when you said you were so excited you were going to bet $500 more dollars on the game? Or was that the Ravens game? Whichever one it was we lost and I remember worrying about you when you didn't contribute to the forum afterward. 

How is that relevant to this thread and why would you even mention it for any other reason than just to be an asshole?
Reply/Quote
My expectations are low. Burrow was "Looking good" before game 1. We'll see what we have. Hopefully we can score a TD or two on offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zero confidence in this team making the playoffs. They’ll do, just enough, to ruin getting a high draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 08:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How is that relevant to this thread and why would you even mention it for any other reason than just to be an asshole?

Just notice you have 9,999 posts.  Next one better be good. Who Dey
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 08:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How is that relevant to this thread and why would you even mention it for any other reason than just to be an asshole?

I was sincerely worrying about you when I didn't see any posts for a while. That is hardly being an asshole. But don't respond to this Brad, because I just noted that Destro pointed out you next post will be your 10,000th and you need to make that an original. We always appreciate you on the board.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 09:40 PM)Nepa Wrote: I was sincerely worrying about you when I didn't see any posts for a while. That is hardly being an asshole. But don't respond to this Brad, because I just noted that Destro pointed out you next post will be your 10,000th and you need to make that an original. We always appreciate you on the board.

You weren't being an asshole Nepa. Except reminding a guy he lost some dough is kind of being an asshole lol

Classy response though and yes we need Brad's 10,000th post to be a great one for all of us.

What Bengalion said is so true, you just don't know what you get with the Cardinals they are so inconsistent.

Let's hope it is one of those bad games against us, we need a little good to go our way once this season.
Reply/Quote
Simmons and Donald are probably the 2 best interior pass rushers in the nfl.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 11:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Simmons and Donald are probably the 2 best interior pass rushers in the nfl.

Very true and we had about the best Edge in the opener to boot in Myles Garrett. Our path hasn't been all daisies as bad
as we have played, we couldn't of played much worse. And were still in the games if only Burrow could hit the passes he 
does when he doesn't have a calf strain, which makes his passes stay down, while he tries and adjusts to such a thing by 
making his passes rise more than he is used to.

That is a lot to think about against some elite competition. I just wish our coaches made it easier on the players than 
they have. They could of done some things to minimize the weaknesses.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 09:16 PM)Destro Wrote: Just notice you have 9,999 posts.  Next one better be good. Who Dey

I’m at Wings and Crippled Rings, so I didn’t even see your post or notice my count before I hit 10k

*facepalm*

Might have to delete a few from my history so I can make 10k epic.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 11:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I’m at Wings and Crippled Rings, so I didn’t even see your post or notice my count before I hit 10k

*facepalm*

Might have to delete a few from my history so I can make 10k epic.

ThumbsUp

Congrats on 10,000 Brad!!! Who DeyDancing
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 03:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burrow's Looking Good And Is About To EXPLODE!

Brad your thread sounded like it was gonna get pretty sexual there for a second! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 03:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The first reply to this will be "if he's about to explode, that's not good because we need a quarterback!"

I'm brain damaged and even I know that's an unoriginal and lame response!

Anyways, on to the topic.................

Apparently, Burrow has been looking as good as he has all year and feels as good he has all year!

The Cardinals blitz at one of the lowest rates of NFL defenses, so that will obviously help if they stick to that.

Obviously, teams game plan for individual games, but they also don't want to do something that they don't do well, and their secondary is horrible, so blitzing people means less people to help the struggling pass defense, and Burrow could get the ball out quickly to Chase, and I saw Higgins could play Sunday and is listed as questionable!

The line is looking like it's finally figuring things out and could use this game as a confidence boost!

Since Palmer, people have always complained about our slow starts to seasons, but maybe it's just part of the Cinci curse.

Anyways, this could be the game to get us back on track!

WHO-DEY!

Last year after the Browns pounded the Bengals in the early part of the season,and it looked pretty bad,then the following week the Bengals absolutely demolished the Carolina Panthers.It was 35-0 at the half.Went on a 10 game win streak all the way to the AFCCG.
Reply/Quote
Idc about how he looks throwing honestly

ALl I wanted to hear is his movement is getting better and everything iv heard says it is so i am optimistic for maybe this one last week. We lost Sunday and im giving up. AFter that its just watching to see Chase ball out.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Burrow is getting better I hope. We could use one of his good games this week. I don't think it is just Burrow that is our problem. The whole team stunk last week.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 03:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Glad my posts give you some enjoyment! (I know what you meant.)

And sometimes it seems like this team could mess up a wet dream, but this one seems black and white to me.

Burrow feeling healthier and more mobile, plus a defense that doesn't blitz a whole lot, along with Higgins (probably) playing just gives me hope about this week.

I just looked and FantasyPros agrees with me and expects Burrow to go for 300+ with three touchdowns and we drop a 40 piece on the Cardinals.

This is more than just my usual fluff posts and I think this game could be our get-right game.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
After months of dealing with a pulled muscle, he magically feels substantially better in a few days? That doesn’t seem logical.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2023, 03:09 AM)125250 Wrote: After months of dealing with a pulled muscle, he magically feels substantially better in a few days? That doesn’t seem logical.

I mean eventually it is gonna be better

Makes sense it’s happening around now.

Isn’t this like his 5th week
Since it happened? And he only had the one bad setback
-Housh
Reply/Quote