Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow's first 2 games: 'making his own mark in the NFL'
(09-23-2020, 10:07 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dalton's first year he had rookie AJ as a number 1 Jerome Simpson as a 2. Benson as a RB. Line was a little better G's were not great C was terrible. D was slightly better. Burrow has an offensive head coach. While Dalton had Marvin, All things considered Burrow might have it easier. Dalton also had shortened training camp as well. Saying that matters means you must think Herbert is better than Burrow.

Slightly better? They were a top 10 defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
This is getting absurd.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 04:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

You guys know how much I liked Dalton, but until last week against the Chargers Burrow had never taken a single snap against an NFL defense that was 100% trying to beat him up.

I got a little sick of the "Burrow will walk on water" talk that was going around here, but I want him to be great.  I am not going to start judging  him after just two games.

I am hopeful Burrow starts showing the deep ball accuracy he displayed last year, thus far he has not looked like same guy. Last year he also put the ball where the receivers could run after teh catch or made tons of tight throws each game, he has made some, but again not as accurate first 2 games.

I love the Burrow pick and think he will progress, he is #1 overall pick, but he is human with lots to learn as a rookie in the NFL.

I would love to see this board quit bashing Dalton to prop up Burrow and bashing Burrow to prop up Dalton. How about we appreciate and respect Dalton's time and play in Cincinnati and also do the same for Burrow. Dalton is gone and not in the QB room so the competition bewteen the two is fabricated by us the fans. Let's just stop it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 09:03 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am hopeful Burrow starts showing the deep ball accuracy he displayed last year, thus far he has not looked like same guy. Last year he also put the ball where the receivers could run after teh catch or made tons of tight throws each game, he has made some, but again not as accurate first 2 games.

I love the Burrow pick and think he will progress, he is #1 overall pick, but he is human with lots to learn as a rookie in the NFL.

I would love to see this board quit bashing Dalton to prop up Burrow and bashing Burrow to prop up Dalton. How about we appreciate and respect Dalton's time and play in Cincinnati and also do the same for Burrow. Dalton is gone and not in the QB room so the competition bewteen the two is fabricated by us the fans. Let's just stop it.

Couldn't agree more brother! Joe
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 01:18 AM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Not what everybody else here is talking about, but I just read Hobson's interview with Taylor, and wow his comments about the OL are depressing. Basically he denies there's a problem. Joe "does a good job anticipating pressure," and so that leads to a lot of "pressures" that really aren't. What a bunch of crap. And I'd think he was just trying to defends his players, but then the next question he just says the defense is terrible and needs to get better. Why can't he admit that about the OL?

Smh

Didn't like that either, this O-line NEEDS to be fixed as does the Defenses lack of tackling.

We get these things taken care of and look out with Smokin' Joe...

Just happy the leader of the OL in Hopkins came out and said they need to do MUCH better for their leader in Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 10:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Slightly better? They were a top 10 defense.

Well, let's be honest. A prime cut of Wagyu is only slightly better than a slice of bologna. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 09:03 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would love to see this board quit bashing Dalton to prop up Burrow and bashing Burrow to prop up Dalton. How about we appreciate and respect Dalton's time and play in Cincinnati and also do the same for Burrow. Dalton is gone and not in the QB room so the competition bewteen the two is fabricated by us the fans. Let's just stop it.

Strong rep.

:andy:
Reply/Quote