Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow's first 2 games: 'making his own mark in the NFL'
(09-18-2020, 06:01 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Give us Mahomes and Reid we are instantly a SB contender this season. We need a 2015 roster around Burrow just to make playoffs. Hope I'm wrong analytics says I'm not

Uh you do realize Mahomes Roster is like 3x better than that of our 2015 roster?? Also, if you go to a poll someone did a few months ago, like 90% of the boards think Mahomes is better and will be better for his career. Way to use arguably the best QB (even at year 4) to do it as your measuring stick... 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 05:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 5600+ yds and 60 TD’s playing in the SEC (where many CB’s make the NFL) is a game manager now!

Do you really believe this stuff you’re saying, or have you just chosen a really odd hill to die on?

He had great senior season. He maxes out all the intangibles you want. Arm strength is more important as a pro than it is for college. He may never even reach the playoffs for us. He needs a good organization thats willing to help him with championship roster to win and have success at the pro level. Bengals have continually failed in that respect.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:12 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Uh you do realize Mahomes Roster is like 3x better than that of our 2015 roster?? Also, if you go to a poll someone did a few months ago, like 90% of the boards think Mahomes is better and will be better for his career. Way to use arguably the best QB (even at year 4) to do it as your measuring stick... 

I'm just pointing out he's not a franchise QB. Rodgers, Russ, Brees could lead this team to playoffs as well as long as they are not being coached by Taylor. Alex Smith had good career it's not the worst thing in the world to being compared to him. He continually lost for the 49ers despite playing decent. Their wouldn't be a huge drop off between Dalton and Dak either. Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady , Brees types don't need things to be perfect because they have the arm talent to overcome roster deficiencies. Russ has had a garbage line his entire career yet he won a SB and made another
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:17 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He had great senior season. He maxes out all the intangibles you want. Arm strength is more important as a pro than it is for college. He may never even reach the playoffs for us. He needs a good organization thats willing to help him with championship roster to win and have success at the pro level. Bengals have continually failed in that respect.

Tell that to Tom Brady and Peyton Manning...

Also LOL at declaring Burrow will never make the playoffs after 2 games. Some serious chicken littles up in here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:28 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm just pointing out he's not a franchise QB. Rodgers, Russ, Brees could lead this team to playoffs as well as long as they are not being coached by Taylor. Alex Smith had good career it's not the worst thing in the world to being compared to him. He continually lost for the 49ers despite playing decent. Their wouldn't be a huge drop off between Dalton and Dak either. Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady , Brees types don't need things to be perfect because they have the arm talent to overcome roster deficiencies. Russ has had a garbage line his entire career yet he won a SB and made another

Have you ever even watched football before yesterday? Brady has “arm talent?”

Holy shit where’s the Tylenol.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tell that to Tom Brady and Peyton Manning...

Also LOL at declaring Burrow will never make the playoffs after 2 games. Some serious chicken littles up in here.

Manning had an underrated arm. Brady had a hall of fame coach and quality roster all the time. Like Burrow his intangibles were off the charts as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 05:20 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Burrow doesn't have the arm heard it from 3 analysts today. So we didnt draft a gun slinger. we drafted a game manager.

See, this is why we need negative rep.  This take is so hot, my monitor just exploded.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:28 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm just pointing out he's not a franchise QB. Rodgers, Russ, Brees could lead this team to playoffs as well as long as they are not being coached by Taylor. Alex Smith had good career it's not the worst thing in the world to being compared to him. He continually lost for the 49ers despite playing decent. Their wouldn't be a huge drop off between Dalton and Dak either. Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady , Brees types don't need things to be perfect because they have the arm talent to overcome roster deficiencies. Russ has had a garbage line his entire career yet he won a SB and made another
Its buried in there, but its what I suspected. He's a butt-hurt Dalton fanboy who won't accept JoeB no matter how good he is...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I'm not worried about Burrow's arm strength. He may have a little less than a total cannon but he has something FAR more important - touch. And he can still make all the throws.

The big concern right now is more lack of blocking forcing the throws to come out too fast so we can't actually give a downfield play time to develop. Our genius coaches doing nothing at all to use scheme or play design to slow the rush down does not help things. At bare minimum we should be having Burrow playing most snaps right now out of the shotgun with a blocker back there with him to chip.
Reply/Quote
Maybe the OL can be adjusted in the next few days in similar fashion as last year at the bye. A mini-bye, if you will.

Loved what I saw from Joe. SFSG.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:17 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He had great senior season. He maxes out all the intangibles you want. Arm strength is more important as a pro than it is for college. He may never even reach the playoffs for us. He needs a good organization thats willing to help him with championship roster to win and have success at the pro level. Bengals have continually failed in that respect.

Joe Burrow has an NFL arm. He has proven it two weeks in a row by throwing a 10 yard comeback and a 10 yard out into tight press coverage from between the hashes.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Burrow looks to be the real deal in spite of his costly turnovers (2) in 1st two weeks.

I love his intensity.
So far, I don't like his accuracy. Great news 1 interception so far and broke record for rookie throwing ball over 60 times with no interceptions.

Bad news, if you throw 62 times, you should throw for over 400 yards, not closer to 300. Why? His deeper ball accuracy [percent is not good. I have no idea why, maybe just not enough time working with receivers, bad OL play or other issues, but I think he fixes it sooner than later.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 05:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 5600+ yds and 60 TD’s playing in the SEC (where many CB’s make the NFL) is a game manager now!

Do you really believe this stuff you’re saying, or have you just chosen a really odd hill to die on?

Sorry there are ashes of great college players that dont pan.  I could say the same with your post do you really believe college stats mean he are a success in nfl
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:01 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Give us Mahomes and Reid we are instantly a SB contender this season. We need a 2015 roster around Burrow just to make playoffs. Hope I'm wrong analytics says I'm not
You're dumb af if you believe that.

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 12:49 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry there are ashes of great college players that dont pan.  I could say the same with your post do you really believe college stats mean he are a success in nfl

I think it’s quite obvious I believe in Joe Burrow. Even more so now after a couple NFL games, one of which he was by far our best player.

Reply/Quote
If he keeps up this pace it would silence the critics claiming Joe's historic Senior season was SOLEY the result of the talent surrounding him.
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tell that to Tom Brady and Peyton Manning...

Brady and manning had strong arms. Never the strongest, but strong arms none the less.
Reply/Quote
Who can tell me what Joe's Red Flag was coming out of college?

Who can tell me if it's been a problem yet?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 02:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Brady and manning had strong arms. Never the strongest, but strong arms none the less.

I just posted Peyton’s scouting report after that guy kept moving the goalposts during his argument. At one point it became “Manning had a cannon coming out of college”

This is from said report:

He has good arm strength, but not necessarily a “gun” that you might expect from a QB at the top of the draft.

Far cry from a “cannon.” This is from Brady’s:

Poor build ... Skinny ... Lacks great physical stature and strength ... Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush ... Lacks a really strong arm ... Can’t drive the ball downfield ... Does not throw a really tight spiral ... System-type player who can get exposed if forced to ad lib ... Gets knocked down easily."

Most of the best QB’s of all time haven’t had big arms. Burrow’s is absolutely fine.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 02:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who can tell me what Joe's Red Flag was coming out of college?

Who can tell me if it's been a problem yet?

The biggest thing I repeatedly saw was that he was a one year wonder who only thrived because of Joe Brady. Well, after 2 games he looks like a potential franchise QB to me.

As far as actual physical limitations? Idk...small hands? Lol

Reply/Quote