Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow's surgery
(11-28-2023, 03:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If someone wants me to believe Burrow's wrist was injured and the team hid that injury, they would have to explain to me how it would in any way benefit the team over just putting him on the injury report and making him a game time decision. The whole conspiracy makes zero sense. 

I think the issue is the league and their demand for everything to go on the injury report (for gambling purposes at that). Injured no, sore maybe, hurt... even that is a stretch given his warmups and it being his throwing hand. I think we are using the term injured to liberal when it comes to his wrist issue (prior to the actual injury). Something may have been up with it, was it sore? Is that enough to get added to the injury report? Is swelling enough to be added to an injury report? I'm not sure and doubt every little issue with players are.

I think the true issue is they were quick to remove that photo which seemed a little sketchy. The team reacted to him being photographed with whatever that was (or wasn't) in a way that drew attention. They say it's not the crime it's the coverup (or something like that). I think the coverup as unnecessary as it seems it may have been if it was some sort of sleeve or ipad glove, is what is getting them in trouble (which it sounds like they aren't going to be given the league has cleared them). 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 03:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bleacher Report is literally just thousands of people who can just join to be unpaid writers (plus a few people they actually pay for some credibility) and write whatever they want for clicks.... 

2008: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/81738-tom-brady-is-overrated-its-official
2009: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/299460-why-tom-brady-is-the-most-overrated-quarterback-of-all-time
2009: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/227149-tom-brady-is-not-great-he-is-simply-over-rated
2011: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/928901-why-tom-brady-is-the-most-overrated-quarterback-in-nfl-history

I am sure I could find a lot more if I bothered to look.

https://www.seattleweekly.com/news/how-bleacher-report-made-crap-journalism-pay/

https://deadspin.com/bleacher-report-is-the-worst-thing-in-the-history-of-j-5948516

- - - - - - - - -

Again, Kershaw got $30.7m/yr the same year Bailey got $17.5m/yr. That means Bailey got just 57% of the salary of elite pitchers of that time.

That would be like a QB getting a $31.3m/yr extension the same time as Joe Burrow getting $55m/yr and saying "they're the same situation!"

Homer took 6 years to be even decent, he didn't get paid at an elite level, he didn't get accolades, and his hype was largely regulated to just people trying to hype up some advanced metrics while being shit or mediocre at actual stats.

They aren't in the same situation at all.
You continue to use a “Strawman” argument to push the narrative away from my original post response to Pally which stated: “Starting to remind me of Homer Bailey. Great early success, signs huge contract and then gets a severe injury. Or, is he just an updated version of "Man of Glass" Eifert. Either way, Burrow's trajectory is starting worry me.”

Where did I try to compare the talents/achievements of the two athletes. I only trotted out the Bailey playing history (my naive mistake) when you decided to focus on a performance detour. My original post was intended to focus on the similar situations, or as bgfine aptly noted, “highly drafted prospect, performed well, got lucrative contract, got hurt.”

And will stand by my opinion that Bleacher Report is more credible than you.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 10:58 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You're right: Seaver is the best pitcher the Reds had, but I should've said, "as a Red."

He had great numbers, but not up to his prime Mets days.

Walters won games, but only had .8 more WAR than Rijo in 900 more innings and in those 900 more innings, Rijo had 400 more strikeouts.

Jim Maloney would be the only one I'd put with Rijo, but you could make a case for all 3.

It's interesting that Reds have never truly been dominant in terms of starting rotation, post dead-ball: they've had guys, but not 3 (or more) great pitchers at once.

They've always been a huge offense/defense team.

I grew up with the Big Red Machine, pitching was definitely an after thought to us kids.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 03:21 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: You continue to use a “Strawman” argument to push the narrative away from my original post response to Pally which stated: “Starting to remind me of Homer Bailey. Great early success, signs huge contract and then gets a severe injury. Or, is he just an updated version of "Man of Glass" Eifert. Either way, Burrow's trajectory is starting worry me.”

Where did I try to compare the talents/achievements of the two athletes. I only trotted out the Bailey playing history (my naive mistake) when you decided to focus on a performance detour. My original post was intended to focus on the similar situations, or as bgfine aptly noted, “highly drafted prospect, performed well, got lucrative contract, got hurt.”

And will stand by my opinion that Bleacher Report is more credible than you.

Saying strawman argument has to be one of the most overused dismissive nonsense tactics on the internet. Let alone while apparently ignoring the entirety of my posts that specifically address the things you're accusing me of pushing away from. I've continually addressed the fact that Homer Baily wasn't good, he didn't have "great early success" because he was terrible until his 6th year and his "huge contract" wasn't huge it was 57% of what the top pitcher in MLB was making. So I am not sure where you're getting that. He was a mediocre player who got overpaid due to hope. Burrow is an elite player who got paid because he was already playing MVP caliber football. They aren't even close to being the same situation. Have a good one.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 03:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Saying strawman argument has to be one of the most overused dismissive nonsense tactics on the internet. Let alone while apparently ignoring the entirety of my posts that specifically address the things you're accusing me of pushing away from. I've continually addressed the fact that Homer Baily wasn't good, he didn't have "great early success" because he was terrible until his 6th year and his "huge contract" wasn't huge it was 57% of what the top pitcher in MLB was making. So I am not sure where you're getting that. He was a mediocre player who got overpaid due to hope. Burrow is an elite player who got paid because he was already playing MVP caliber football. They aren't even close to being the same situation. Have a good one.

Again, you deflect. Nice try.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 02:20 PM)burreauxs Wrote: many other reasons for wrist/forearm pain beyond an acute ligament tear. 

I agree but a sprain is a slight tear. It may have not been super noticeable at that point and the one tackle fully ruined it.

Point it, it was hurting and our coaching staff still trotted him out and ended up becoming worse.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 03:49 PM)ochocincoftw Wrote: I agree but a sprain is a slight tear. It may have not been super noticeable at that point and the one tackle fully ruined it.

Point it, it was hurting and our coaching staff still trotted him out and ended up becoming worse.

I know what a sprain is. Plenty of NFL players play with aches and pains and mild strains/sprains of things. That's football. Actually, that's being a professional athlete. Much of sports medicine is treating injured players so they can tolerate playing through injuries. There will always be risk something more could happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 03:49 PM)ochocincoftw Wrote: I agree but a sprain is a slight tear. It may have not been super noticeable at that point and the one tackle fully ruined it.

Second time today:

[Image: girl-sure-jan.gif]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
well I spoke too soon....

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/pre-game-bengals-ravens-video-shows-joe-burrow-flexing-right-hand

This isn't going away.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 04:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: well I spoke too soon....

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/pre-game-bengals-ravens-video-shows-joe-burrow-flexing-right-hand

This isn't going away.

Florio reaching again...

Burrow doing the same thing in practice months ago:

Reply/Quote

This isn't going away.

Never take anything Florio says serious.  Apparently Joe has been flexing his hand regularly in warmups.  

Quote:The hand flex and wrist rotation is something Joe Burrow has done regularly during warm ups. This is from Thursday, October 12https://t.co/0RSIUruc9o pic.twitter.com/DQ4nPr9dYp
— James Rapien (@JamesRapien) November 28, 2023

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 11:46 AM)ochocincoftw Wrote: Y’all really believe burrow was hurt from the clowney push? This happened prior in the year. Earlier that day bro even had a wrap on it claiming he only uses it because they were flying and things swell up. Give me a break, cabins are pressurized. His wrist was hurt before this game and the coaches played him anyways.

Hands and feet commonly swell during airplane travel.  That pressure adds to it.  Sitting still for long periods of time is a major factor. 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 05:14 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Never take anything Florio says serious.  Apparently Joe has been flexing his hand regularly in warmups.  

If I were to play armchair internet doctor who has spent way too much time in hand surgeon's offices, I would guess elbow issue before wrist/hand.  People shake their hands like that when they feel tingling or numbness.  My immediate suspicion, shaking/flexing coupled with the compression sleeve, is that he has some inflammation in the elbow that might be putting intermittent pressure on the ulnar nerve which controls the pinkie, ring finger, and part of the middle finger.  Basically, the part of the hand that controls the grip.  It may be as a result of a slightly different throwing motion as he dealt with the calf injury

The wrist was a freak thing separate from any other injury

Reply/Quote

This isn't going away.

it less about the flexing hand when after he throw but what he does next head down walks away as they were starting to throw him another ball to continue with throws. , this sure looks like he either had an issue or felt it early in warm ups and walked away.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 07:05 PM)pally Wrote: If I were to play armchair internet doctor who has spent way too much time in hand surgeon's offices, I would guess elbow issue before wrist/hand.  People shake their hands like that when they feel tingling or numbness.  My immediate suspicion, shaking/flexing coupled with the compression sleeve, is that he has some inflammation in the elbow that might be putting intermittent pressure on the ulnar nerve which controls the pinkie, ring finger, and part of the middle finger.  Basically, the part of the hand that controls the grip.  It may be as a result of a slightly different throwing motion as he dealt with the calf injury

The wrist was a freak thing separate from any other injury

Im just not sure about the wrist being a freak thing during the game, what i find interesting is the silence from bengals and burrow, unless I missed it ive not heard a interview where bengals or burrow mention when he hurt the wrist, have you ?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 07:33 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im just not sure about the wrist being a freak thing during the game, what i find interesting is the silence from bengals and burrow, unless I missed it ive not heard a interview where bengals or burrow mention when he hurt the wrist, have you ?

Yes, Zac said it and Burrow said it.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 06:58 PM)pally Wrote: Hands and feet commonly swell during airplane travel.  That pressure adds to it.  Sitting still for long periods of time is a major factor. 

Well, to be fair this wasn't a trip to Europe. It was a charter to Baltimore
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 07:33 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im just not sure about the wrist being a freak thing during the game, what i find interesting is the silence from bengals and burrow, unless I missed it ive not heard a interview where bengals or burrow mention when he hurt the wrist, have you ?

Joe said he hurt it when he was tackled by Clowney and then on the next play he felt a pop when he threw it.  He talked about it in his Friday press conference after it was announced he was out for the season

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 05:14 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Florio reaching again...

Burrow doing the same thing in practice months ago:

OMG, he blew into his hand prior to the pass, as if his hand was cold. The Bengals obviously covered up a circulation issue Burrow must have....... Ninja
They just played 13 NFL games, I'm sure every player is sore...everywhere. This is so much nonsense.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, to be fair this wasn't a trip to Europe. It was a charter to Baltimore

90 minutes plus the bus rides at either end add up. Don’t forget this was only 3 days after another game. it seems logical he may take different precautions when traveling that he may not need after a normal week between games.

Reply/Quote