Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Burrow ternding in the right direction...
Update from this morning:

[url= <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>]QB Joe Burrow is going through a workout this morning. I'm told there's optimism he will play and his status for tonight is trending in the right direction, per sources. Burrow is campaigning with the coaching staff and trainers to play, however his status is still uncertain.

[/url]
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I feel like Burrow campaigning with coaching staff and trainers to play before he was ready is why we are in this situation in the first place, 0-2, him having played like dogshit, and then reinjuring himself.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He’s playing.
We are going to win.
We will be back on track.
Reply/Quote
I feel like Burrow has a little Big Ben in him... Was he exaggerating his limp at the end of the last game?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
My question is this...

If he continues tweaking his calf every other week...does it set back the actual time it takes for him to get to 100%?

I know that may be a dumb question, but I don't know the answer to it and I feel like it's a pretty important question. If the calf takes the same amount of time to get to 100% tweaking or no tweaking, then I'd say continue to play him.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
This training staff have tons of experience getting calf injuries back 100%. They did with big guys like Reader and Hubbard in less than the 6 weeks Burrow had to fully recover, and I'd argue they put more pressure on their calf pushing off and rushing when they returned.

I don't get how different this calf injury was or must have been.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My question is this...

If he continues tweaking his calf every other week...does it set back the actual time it takes for him to get to 100%?

I know that may be a dumb question, but I don't know the answer to it and I feel like it's a pretty important question. If the calf takes the same amount of time to get to 100% tweaking or no tweaking, then I'd say continue to play him.

As far as I know, the recommendation for calf strains is RICE - Rest, Ice, Compress, and Elevate. Without extended rest, it is possible it may not get back to 100%. One of the bigger concerns is that a calf injury can maybe lead to a worse injury, such as a torn Achilles. I was discussing this with my physical therapist last week. The Bengals training staff is going to know all of this. If Burrow continues playing, this injury could linger all season. How big of a deal that is, we aren't sure. If he plays tonight, we will have a little more information to answer that question with. 
Reply/Quote
I now believe that if he says he can play then play him.
They are 0-2 so sitting him = season over. If he re-injures it and has to miss multiple games it won’t matter because you get the same result (wait ‘til next year)
Only reason to sit him would be if this could cause a more serious injury. If not then play him for as long as you can.

Either way I’m not feeling like this is their year regardless of what happens tonight.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:24 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Either way I’m not feeling like this is their year regardless of what happens tonight.

Are you kidding me, Clark? This only cements my feeling that we're winning the Super Bowl this year. You can't make up this kind of drama. If you have a movie start out the way we've started out, no way are people buying that same team wins the Super Bowl. Just relax, Joe's gonna continue to play, he'll probably have a setback (the mid-way point of the movie, naturally) and things will look even more dire (direr?), but then just like Bobby Boucher in the Bourbon bowl, Burrow will just dominate at the end culminating in him hoisting up the Lombardi.

WHO FRICKIN' DEY!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: I feel like Burrow has a little Big Ben in him... Was he exaggerating his limp at the end of the last game?

I don't think so. This is actually really reminiscent of Aaron Rodgers in 2015. He pulled his calf multiple times throughout the year and was in and out of the lineup. 

We need to accept that even if we sit Burrow through the bye there is still a better chance than not he pulls it again this year. At this point we probably either shut him down for the year or we accept we are going to be in flux every couple weeks on this.
Reply/Quote
It makes sense he's going to play. The team can rebound from 0-2 and be successful. They'll need Burrow to win.

0-3 is when history dictates the season becomes a potential lost cause. If they go 0-3, then we'll see if the injury causes him to miss time.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Are you kidding me, Clark? This only cements my feeling that we're winning the Super Bowl this year. You can't make up this kind of drama. If you have a movie start out the way we've started out, no way are people buying that same team wins the Super Bowl. Just relax, Joe's gonna continue to play, he'll probably have a setback (the mid-way point of the movie, naturally) and things will look even more dire (direr?), but then just like Bobby Boucher in the Bourbon bowl, Burrow will just dominate at the end culminating in him hoisting up the Lombardi.

WHO FRICKIN' DEY!

I admire your (slightly psychotic) belief and enthusiasm. I really hope you are right on this.
Burrow is a great NFL player but you should never compare him to the GOAT Bobby Boucher!
Reply/Quote
Welp Burrow plays, but which Burrow shows up and how does he feel when the clock strikes 00:00?

I can't imagine this franchise ever willingly sitting Burrow given how meh to crap it's been without him in the MB era.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't think so. This is actually really reminiscent of Aaron Rodgers in 2015. He pulled his calf multiple times throughout the year and was in and out of the lineup. 

We need to accept that even if we sit Burrow through the bye there is still a better chance than not he pulls it again this year. At this point we probably either shut him down for the year or we accept we are going to be in flux every couple weeks on this.

Exactly.

The only way to truly heal it is to be off of it for a LONG time: 5 weeks clearly wasn't enough for Burrow.

So we ride this until the offseason or until he injures himself, no 2 ways about it... and he'll play if he feels good.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:16 PM)CottonHill Wrote: He’s playing.
We are going to win.
We will be back on track.

IF (not saying it will happen) Bengals end up losing and big reason is because of poor offense due to him being limited or reaggravating again, there will be A LOT of scrutiny by media/fans for allowing him to play when he wasn't fully ready.

Not to necessarily call Jake Browning a sacrificial lamb, but would it be better to put him in there tonight to deal with Donald?
Maybe I just have PTSD from 2020 Commanders game with Jonathan Allen just blowing through Michael Jordan.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: IF (not saying it will happen) Bengals end up losing and big reason is because of poor offense due to him being limited or reaggravating again, there will be A LOT of scrutiny by media/fans for allowing him to play when he wasn't fully ready.

Not to necessarily call Jake Browning a sacrificial lamb, but would it be better to put him in there tonight to deal with Donald?
Maybe I just have PTSD from 2021 Commanders game with Jonathan Allen just blowing through Michael Jordan.

And regardless of how mid Volson is, MJ was worse.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 2020

And regardless of how mid Volson is, MJ was worse.

Yes, 2020 sorry. I'll update post.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My question is this...

Yeah It will. I fractured my ankle in HS and tried to get back too soon and just kept messing it up. I lost a entire year over it and then when it was finally healed it took awhile to get back into rhythm after that. Sometimes these nagging injuries are worse than the big ones because with those you pretty much know mentally where you stand while the naggers mess with your head. 

Reply/Quote
I still would not be surprised to see Sinnett activated from the PS to act as the emergency QB

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Daniel Larusso is gonna fight
Reply/Quote