Poll: Do you think Burrow is the Next Luck?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.6 Average
Burrow the Next Andrew Luck
(09-20-2023, 07:21 PM)depthchart Wrote: If Burrow has a baby then that would be Major Historical Scientific News and he would have to play with a Belly Protector during the

last few months of his pregnancy.  Mellow

If his future wife has the Baby then it would not be Major Historical Scientific News.

We do not need him becoming family man yet!!! Where are his priorities!!
Reply/Quote
He may not be the next Andrew Luck but it is certainly looking like he may be the Bengals' Homer Bailey. Sign a big contract and then sink into oblivion. Unfortunately, Cincinnati has a cursed history of absurd pro athlete contracts (Votto is another subject). We can only hope Burrow can break the curse.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 07:36 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: He may not be the next Andrew Luck but it is certainly looking like he may be the Bengals' Homer Bailey. Sign a big contract and then sink into oblivion. Unfortunately, Cincinnati has a cursed history of absurd pro athlete contracts (Votto is another subject). We can only hope Burrow can break the curse.

I very much think Burrows woes are both on the coach and his injury history. I don't think we have to worry about him just yet. Zac is 1-9 in the first two games, and Burrow has never had a healthy offseason. If Burrow gets healthy this year (it's actually a big if). I think that he'll play like he normally does. Taylor needs to get a new OC, because our team always looks like trash coming out of the gate. Both defense and offense has looked bad so far (and has every year). Hopefully Burrow can get better so he can carry Zac again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Fun thread. :ninja:

Reply/Quote
I'm not in any way ready to label Burrow as Luck, yet.

Still hoping they can solve our offensive line woes. Somehow
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 05:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Luck took too many hits. Burrow just gets injured during practice/off field

It's a fallacy that Luck was sacked so many times that he retired. He was sacked 41 times twice. Then 32 times. 27 times. 18 and 15 times.

That's not a lot of sacks.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LuckAn00.htm
Reply/Quote
I think a better question to ask: Did the Bengals team success peak with Joe on a rookie deal? And will they field a perennial contender with him and atleast 1 wr high paid?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 07:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We do not need him becoming family man yet!!! Where are his priorities!!

He's already met them, $275M worth..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 08:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think a better question to ask: Did the Bengals team success peak with Joe on a rookie deal? And will they field a perennial contender with him and atleast 1 wr high paid?

Only if they bring in an OL coach that will create an atmosphere of success, rather than players regressing under his watch.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 08:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Only if they bring in an OL coach that will create an atmosphere of success, rather than players regressing under his watch.

Yep. OL continues to underachieve...although the Ravens game looked much better.
Reply/Quote
I think between the 2 Burrow is smarter. Luck is real smart but so is Burrow. Ask yourself this who is more successful Tom Brady or Andrew Luck? Just because a person doesn't come from money doesn't make them less intelligent. Some of his pre draft interviews were concepts and abstracts I hadn't really thought about
Reply/Quote
Marlon you are on hot fire with your threads and posted remarks lately hahahaha so many good ones just knocking it out of here like funky go bengals beat the sheep's who dey and we are back on track
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 08:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. OL continues to underachieve...although the Ravens game looked much better.

Hell, that Ravens game probably bought Pollack another 3 years.  
Reply/Quote
Burrow has more moxie than Luck ever had and do not believe he will go the same route.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 08:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I think between the 2 Burrow is smarter. Luck is real smart but so is Burrow. Ask yourself this who is more successful Tom Brady or Andrew Luck? Just because a person doesn't come from money doesn't make them less intelligent. Some of his pre draft interviews were concepts and abstracts I hadn't really thought about

[Image: giphy.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 08:52 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Marlon you are on hot fire with your threads and posted remarks lately hahahaha so many good ones just knocking it out of here like funky go bengals beat the  sheep's who dey and we are back on track

Mental illness isn't something to joke about. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 06:38 PM)Nepa Wrote: I just don't know how Josh Allen, who takes hit after hit while running the ball, including plowing right into defenders rather than sliding, has so few injuries. He has missed only 4 games in his NFL career, all back in 2018, despite sometimes putting his shoulder down and ramming into defenders to gain the extra yardage.

Allen's injury outlook is "very low risk," while Burrow, who is not a running QB, is listed as "high risk."

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/joe-burrow/10482

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/josh-allen/9962
Because he weighs more than most of the people he runs over.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 08:52 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Marlon you are on hot fire with your threads and posted remarks lately hahahaha so many good ones just knocking it out of here like funky go bengals beat the  sheep's who dey and we are back on track

What's your name?

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 07:52 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I very much think Burrows woes are both on the coach and his injury history. I don't think we have to worry about him just yet. Zac is 1-9 in the first two games, and Burrow has never had a healthy offseason. If Burrow gets healthy this year (it's actually a big if). I think that he'll play like he normally does. Taylor needs to get a new OC, because our team always looks like trash coming out of the gate. Both defense and offense has looked bad so far (and has every year). Hopefully Burrow can get better so he can carry Zac again.

I think ZT needs to start sitting Burrow  if he can't practic much in preseason, like baseball does.. they tend to send starters down to triple AAA when they miss a lot of preseason , ZT seems to put too much faith in him playing well with lack of pre-season it is hard to sit him but his numbers justify it if you can't go next year in preseason to start someone else. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 06:38 PM)Nepa Wrote: I just don't know how Josh Allen, who takes hit after hit while running the ball, including plowing right into defenders rather than sliding, has so few injuries. He has missed only 4 games in his NFL career, all back in 2018, despite sometimes putting his shoulder down and ramming into defenders to gain the extra yardage.

Allen's injury outlook is "very low risk," while Burrow, who is not a running QB, is listed as "high risk."

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/joe-burrow/10482

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/josh-allen/9962

That could change over time. Cam Newton ran hard and eventually hit a wall and couldn't stay healthy anymore.
Reply/Quote