Poll: Do you think Burrow is the Next Luck?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.6 Average
Burrow the Next Andrew Luck
(09-21-2023, 08:49 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I have asked for Admin to delete my account.  If you can help I would appreciate it.  Thanks Take Care Truck 101

Marlon, is everything alright?  I feel like we should be planning an intervention here or something.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 08:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Marlon, is everything alright?  I feel like we should be planning an intervention here or something.  

Let him go.... just let him go.  This is the way.

Reply/Quote
Burrow is no Luck. He will be fine. Luck often exposed himself to hard hits while Burrow does not. Besides the roughing the passer rules are much more strict these days.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 08:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Marlon, is everything alright?  I feel like we should be planning an intervention here or something.  

Haven't you follows Marlon's posts over the years, he's a comedian lol
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 08:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Haven't you follows Marlon's posts over the years, he's a comedian lol

Right, but he sounds like maybe he's about to go all King of Comedy on us.

[Image: king-of-comedy-001.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I remember Burfict getting a clear shot at Luck and Burfict was the one who left the field injured.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Never better Awful Llama but the board seems to be lacking creativity and a little bit cliquey... as of late!! I mainly come here to read and rarely post but every time it seems like it becomes more argumentative and then it takes away the enjoyment of reading other posters perspectives.  

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 09:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I remember Burfict getting a clear shot at Luck and Burfict was the one who left the field injured.

lol I remember that it was a neck injury I think that has been a while like 13 or 14...
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 01:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: it is a bit tongue and cheek, point making is i don;t think you can separate our bad starts to just ZT, Burrow not having preseason is an issue, but what really is the answer to not start him, that is not going to happen

Having a fully healthy preseason and taking some snaps in the games would have been optimal and i feel like that was the plan going in, until the injury. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 09:02 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Right, but he sounds like maybe he's about to go all King of Comedy on us.

[Image: king-of-comedy-001.jpg]

Underrated movie.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 09:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Having a fully healthy preseason and taking some snaps in the games would have been optimal and i feel like that was the plan going in, until the injury. 

It is evident that the Organization Rushed Burrow back.. IMO.  Burrow should just now be coming back to play in week 3 or 4 they rushed him and I think because it was divisional games it made them rush even more so...

Just my opinion but it is clear now.  
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 06:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Did I think it was a great idea to put Jonah Williams at RT?
No.

Do I agree with the Bengals cutting Collins, who could have been better at RT than Jonah once he was ready to return?
No.

Do I think Jonah is the best option they have at this point?
Yes, unfortunately.

The Bengals did do something to try to improve the OL - they added Orlando Brown. He's been the best OL so far.
Cappa is doing well, Karras is solid.
They had opportunity to bring in a true solid-to-above-average LG in Dalton Risner, and they chose to stick with Volson.
They had opportunity to address RT in FA or the draft, and they chose to stick with who they had (possibly due to $$).

Does that mean that Burrow is now a shell of the LSU National Champion?
No.
A calf strain is not some severe career-altering injury.
It's something that can happen to anyone and take a couple months to heal. It might need an offseason. It might mean a down year. 
But it's not something that should need surgery and is now going to make him be worried about taking hits or turn him into a tree taking snaps the rest of his career.

Although maybe I'm wrong and Burrow will retire in a few years, just like Luck retired after 6 seasons played in the league.

Actually,I wouldn’t fault Burrow if he did retire in a few years,considering what he’s been through.But honestly,I don’t think that will happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 09:18 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: It is evident that the Organization Rushed Burrow back.. IMO.  Burrow should just now be coming back to play in week 3 or 4 they rushed him and I think because it was divisional games it made them rush even more so...

Just my opinion but it is clear now.  

You ever think that Burrow wanted to play too?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 11:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You ever think that Burrow wanted to play too?

Yes, but it should not be dictated upon the feelings of the player since most of the players have that competitive drive to be out there even if they are not ready physically and sometimes mentally.  It is evident that the organization rushed this a bit. IMO. 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 08:05 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Yes, but it should not be dictated upon the feelings of the player since most of the players have that competitive drive to be out there even if they are not ready physically and sometimes mentally.  It is evident that the organization rushed this a bit. IMO. 

What is your evidence? He could have all the testing in the world and there's no way to know what he was feeling. The days after the injury multiple doctors even said he could be feeling perfectly fine physically, mentally, and all tests show its healed but you can't know with an injury like this if it's 100% healed or only 90%. 

Obviously Burrow looked and felt great which is why he was practicing fine before the season started. 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 09:25 AM)TheFan Wrote: What is your evidence? He could have all the testing in the world and there's no way to know what he was feeling. The days after the injury multiple doctors even said he could be feeling perfectly fine physically, mentally, and all tests show its healed but you can't know with an injury like this if it's 100% healed or only 90%. 

Obviously Burrow looked and felt great which is why he was practicing fine before the season started. 

Coaches/and Joe said he was day to day even up to the Browns game.  If they had taken 2-3 weeks into the season to let him heal then this would not even be a discussion, so since it is a discussion the evidence is clear that Joe was not ready and he was still injured and not just hurt since he RE-Injured the Calf.  Most want to declare that he was just playing hurt but the likely hood of re-injuring would seem pretty high and self evident since he actually is hurt once again.  And No this is not hindsight.  It felt rushed it was rushed and the proof was what was demonstrated on and off the field. 
Reply/Quote
Luck screwed up his career because of snowboarding accidents...thats a little known fact.

It wasn't even on the field stuff that did the most damage to Luck.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 11:06 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Luck screwed up his career because of snowboarding accidents...thats a little known fact.

It wasn't even on the field stuff that did the most damage to Luck.

Thanks for sharing this..... 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 11:52 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Thanks for sharing this..... 

I'm serious. Do some research on it. The Colt's FO hid this fact to protect Luck and his image/bad press. He completely tore his shoulder apart due to multiple snow boarding accidents. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Should he not wear belly protector anyway? He should wear full body protector!
Reply/Quote