Poll: Do you think Burrow is the Next Luck?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.6 Average
Burrow the Next Andrew Luck
(09-20-2023, 07:36 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: He may not be the next Andrew Luck but it is certainly looking like he may be the Bengals' Homer Bailey. Sign a big contract and then sink into oblivion. Unfortunately, Cincinnati has a cursed history of absurd pro athlete contracts (Votto is another subject). We can only hope Burrow can break the curse.

It's been 2 games get a grip man. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
[quote='Marlon23' pid='1394205' dateline='1695239858']
[quote='Stonyhands' pid='1394224' dateline='1695244139']
[quote='Chezaugie' pid='1394252' dateline='1695249372']
[quote='Bengalfan4life27c' pid='1394277' dateline='1695253781']
[quote='Marlon23' pid='1394278' dateline='1695253955']

The amount of ignorance in this thread is mindnumbing. Was Facebook shut down?

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 06:38 PM)Nepa Wrote: I just don't know how Josh Allen, who takes hit after hit while running the ball, including plowing right into defenders rather than sliding, has so few injuries. He has missed only 4 games in his NFL career, all back in 2018, despite sometimes putting his shoulder down and ramming into defenders to gain the extra yardage.

Allen's injury outlook is "very low risk," while Burrow, who is not a running QB, is listed as "high risk."

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/joe-burrow/10482

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/josh-allen/9962

I would imagine the extra 15-20 lbs helps.
Josh Allen is about the size Roethlisberger was.
Roethlisberger was pretty durable his 18 years in the league.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 04:57 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: As much as I hate to say it or write it I think Joe Burrow will be our Andrew Luck.  Joe has not been Healthy the entire time he has been with Cincy and the line was so atrocious that he ended up almost having an career ending injury.

This is Joe Burrow Injuries to his body. Some are not during his NFL career but still belong to his body.
He is a HIGH RISK candidate for Injuries.  High Risk
Chance of Injury in 2023
58%
% chance misses at least 2 quarters

Chance of Injury per Game
5%
1- 17√1-% Inj/Season

Projected Games Missed 2023
Durability
Ability to produce despire relatively minor injuries. 5 being most durable

Aug 14, 2017 Non-NFL Hand Wrist Fracture Burrow suffered a broken bone in his throwing hand during practice and had an operation to repair the fracture. He missed the start of the season
Jan 16, 2020 Non-NFL Chest Rib Fracture Burrow suffered torn rib cartilage near the end of the second quarter in the College Football Playoff national championship game in New Orleans.
Nov 22, 2020 NFL Knee ACL Tear Grade 3 Burrow suffered a torn left ACL during Week 11's loss to Washington. He was placed on IR and was shut down for the 2020 season.
Nov 22, 2020 NFL Knee MCL Tear Grade 3 Burrow suffered a torn left MCL during Week 11's loss to Washington. He was placed on IR and was shut down for the 2020 season.
Nov 22, 2020 NFL Knee PCL Tear Grade 3 Burrow suffered a partial tear to his PCL during Week 11's loss to Washington. He was placed on IR and was shut down for the 2020 season.
Nov 22, 2020 NFL Knee Meniscus Tear Burrow suffered a partial tear to his meniscus during Week 11's loss to Washington. He was placed on IR and was shut down for the 2020 season.
Dec 5, 2021 NFL Hand Finger Dislocation Burrow suffered a dislocated pinkie finger in the Bengals' loss to the Chargers
Jan 2, 2022 NFL Knee Strain Grade 1 Burrow twisted his knee towards the end of the game vs. the Kansas City Chiefs.
Feb 13, 2022 NFL Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2 Burrow suffered an MCL sprain in the final minutes of the Super Bowl
Jul 27, 2023 NFL Leg Calf Strain Burrow sustained a right calf strain while rolling out in practice. He returned on August 30th and hasn't missed a game due to this injury. However, Burrow reportedly re-aggravated the injury in Week 2 vs. the Ravens.

lets not forget the non football Appendix issue last yr
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 11:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think ZT needs to start sitting Burrow  if he can't practic much in preseason, like baseball does.. they tend to send starters down to triple AAA when they miss a lot of preseason , ZT seems to put too much faith in him playing well with lack of pre-season it is hard to sit him but his numbers justify it if you can't go next year in preseason to start someone else. 

So we should send Burrow down to Louisville to...work on his curve?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 11:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think ZT needs to start sitting Burrow  if he can't practic much in preseason, like baseball does.. they tend to send starters down to triple AAA when they miss a lot of preseason , ZT seems to put too much faith in him playing well with lack of pre-season it is hard to sit him but his numbers justify it if you can't go next year in preseason to start someone else. 

Could you imagine the blowback if a player got sent down to minor league football and got injured in one of those games?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 12:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So we should send Burrow down to Louisville to...work on his curve?

it is a bit tongue and cheek, point making is i don;t think you can separate our bad starts to just ZT, Burrow not having preseason is an issue, but what really is the answer to not start him, that is not going to happen
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 12:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Could you imagine the blowback if a player got sent down to minor league football and got injured in one of those games?

as i stated in previous post, it is a bit tongue and cheek, point making is i don;t think you can separate our bad starts to just ZT, Burrow not having preseason is an issue, but what really is the answer to not start him, that is not going to happen
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 09:38 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I would imagine the extra 15-20 lbs helps.
Josh Allen is about the size Roethlisberger was.
Roethlisberger was pretty durable his 18 years in the league.

He only played a full season in 4 of those 18 years.

Also there is zero chance his listed weight was accurate, as it would mean he played through his 30s actually 1lb lighter than he came into the league at, and 8lbs lighter than Cam Newton entered the league at.

He had to be 300 when he was in his 30s....

As a rookie (241 at combine)...

[Image: 6dd2279d-895a-47ab-88c3-2a2ee439d7a3_1.7...nBg=ffffff]

As a veteran (self reported 240)...

[Image: 1540-45100-original.jpeg]

Hilarious Hilarious

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 01:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: as i stated in previous post, it is a bit tongue and cheek, point making is i don;t think you can separate our bad starts to just ZT, Burrow not having preseason is an issue, but what really is the answer to not start him, that is not going to happen

Who is blaming just Zac for the first two losses?  Burrow has been terrible.  Zac's less than dynamic offensive scheme and play calling ineptness doesn't help, add that to the fact that they condensed the scheme and plays due to Burrow's injury equates to our scoring opportunities being somewhat limited.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 03:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Who is blaming just Zac for the first two losses?  Burrow has been terrible.  Zac's less than dynamic offensive scheme and play calling ineptness doesn't help, add that to the fact that they condensed the scheme and plays due to Burrow's injury equates to our scoring opportunities being somewhat limited.

Critique of ZT could come in his desperation to play Burrow at anything over 25% because he isn't likely to be able to win with anyone else at QB.  As Bengals fans we've watched backup QBs win games against us over the years, so I don't know why we're so convinced we can't do the same thing on a short term basis.

Still, I can see us being in a situation where ZT knows he needs Burrow out there and Burrow having little to no ability to say no to starting as long as he is able to walk onto the field.  Maybe that's all there is to it.  I know we can't just assume if we sat Burrow in the first 2 games we'd still be 0-2 but he'd be in much better shape right now.
Reply/Quote
We need to start either banning, suspending or stopping people's ability to start multiple threads.

What even is this thread, except for more whining and crying?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
After our horrendous FA and draft, last year was the peak
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 05:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Luck took too many hits. Burrow just gets injured during practice/off field

Yeah, I mean hes only been sacked 127 times in two seasons and the two games he played this year LMAO

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 03:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He only played a full season in 4 of those 18 years.

Also there is zero chance his listed weight was accurate, as it would mean he played through his 30s actually 1lb lighter than he came into the league at, and 8lbs lighter than Cam Newton entered the league at.

He had to be 300 when he was in his 30s....

As a rookie (241 at combine)...

[Image: 6dd2279d-895a-47ab-88c3-2a2ee439d7a3_1.7...nBg=ffffff]

As a veteran (self reported 240)...

[Image: 1540-45100-original.jpeg]

Hilarious Hilarious

Sure, he only played a full season 4 times, but he played 12-15 games in 12 of the 18 seasons.
Only twice did he start less than 12 games (2015 - 11 GS, 2019 - 2 GS).

You do have to account that your QB might miss a few games.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 03:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He only played a full season in 4 of those 18 years.

Blech, the Steelers had a franchise QB who only played 4 full seasons in 18 years and they never had a losing season that whole time and we're already talking about tanking this year.  I'm skeptical we've really changed the culture in these parts if this happens.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Blech, the Steelers had a franchise QB who only played 4 full seasons in 18 years and they never had a losing season that whole time and we're already talking about tanking this year.  I'm skeptical we've really changed the culture in these parts if this happens.

Their franchise QB was never the one who carried their team. He arguably wasn't particularly important at all.

The first 10 years of his career, the Steelers missed the playoffs every single time they didn't have a top-3 scoring defense.

1st
3rd
11th (missed playoffs)
2nd
1st
12th (missed playoffs)
1st
1st
6th (missed playoffs)
14th (missed playoffs)

Then over his final 8 years when they found a way to make the playoffs without a top-3 scoring defense, they went 3-6 in the postseason.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 04:09 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We need to start either banning, suspending or stopping people's ability to start multiple threads.

The guy creates a new thread anytime his last one loses any steam.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
It should probably be noted that QBs are extremely protected nowadays, unlike when Luck played. A ruptured appendix and calf strain have zero to do with being sacked. It is really kind of unfair to equate them.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 04:09 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We need to start either banning, suspending or stopping people's ability to start multiple threads.

I have asked for Admin to delete my account.  If you can help I would appreciate it.  Thanks Take Care Truck 101
Reply/Quote