Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow to the Hospital
TeamChase back concerned and sensitive about Burrows health is the moral of this threads story.... Why? Because they think the injury was suffered from the hit by his carelessness on his run, and not the Oline...

I got news for them. It wasn't that play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:20 AM)jj22 Wrote: TeamChase back concerned and sensitive about Burrows health is the moral of this threads story.... Why? Because they think the injury was suffered from the hit by his carelessness on his run, and not the Oline...

I got news for them. It wasn't that play.

Um, what? You literally have no idea when it happened. Even if it did happen on a sack, that debate truly died a long time ago, but look at little sweet you trying to revive it. We are the middle of the pack O-line by most metrics, and we have a superstar WR. No contest dude, especially for Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:20 AM)jj22 Wrote: I got news for them. It wasn't that play.

What play was it?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What play was it?

They believe it came on the sneak, but both Burrow and ZT said it wasn't that big hit.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:26 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Um, what? You literally have no idea when it happened. Even if it did happen on a sack, that debate truly died a long time ago, but look at little sweet you trying to revive it. We are the middle of the pack O-line by most metrics, and we have a superstar WR. No contest dude, especially for Sewell.

There you go. Prove my point. Bring up the Oline (which has struggled majority of games this season) and the defensiveness and denial comes and it's back to not caring about Burrow's health. Got to love it. Like clockwork.

Now you guys see how to get them to release the pearls.

As far as Sewell didn't you guys say that there was no need to go all in on the oline because Pollack was the big upgrade? Why is it that he couldn't help Sewell knock off the rust quicker? You guys must not think that highly of him afterall.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:31 AM)jj22 Wrote: They believe it came on the sneak, but both Burrow and ZT said it wasn't that big hit.

So the O-line was the reason he got injured on a sneak?

WTF are you even trying to say here?  You think our O-line should keep our QB from getting hit on a sneak?LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:32 AM)jj22 Wrote: As far as Sewell didn't you guys say that there was no need to go all in on the oline because Pollack was the big upgrade? 

No.

I have always said that we could not spend all of our resources on the O-line when we had so many other problems with our roster.

Try to keep up.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.

I have always said that we could not spend all of our resources on the O-line when we had so many other problems with our roster.

Try to keep up.

I really wasn't talking to you, but since you brought it up you have always pointed to Reiff and....... Pollack as our big upgrades. Must I quote you from prior posts? I have them prepared. But want to give you the chance to clean it up.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So the O-line was the reason he got injured on a sneak?

WTF are you even trying to say here?  You think our O-line should keep our QB from getting hit on a sneak?LOL

That's where they said it came from. You know that sneak that they got no push from to pick up a yard.... Where the Dline held their ground, pushed through, and swallowed up Burrow. You thought that was funny?

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:46 AM)jj22 Wrote: I really wasn't talking to you, but since you brought it up you have always pointed to Reiff and....... Pollack as our big upgrades. Must I quote you from prior posts? I have them prepared. But want to give you the chance to clean it up.

Post whatever quotes you want to.

I have ALWAYS said over and over again that the reason we could not spend all of our resources on the O-line was because we had other holes in the roster. 

Pointing out that we took steps to improve the line by signing Reif and Pollack does not change that at all.  I merely pinted out those moves in response to people like you squealing about how we "ignored" the O-line or "did nothing" to improve it.  I can post those quotes from you if you want to go there.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:49 AM)jj22 Wrote: That's where they said it came from. You know that sneak that they got no push from to pick up a yard.... Where the Dline held their ground, pushed through, and swallowed up Burrow. You thought that was funny?

No.  What I thought was funny was your claim that a good O-line would keep Burrow from contact on a sneak play.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:49 AM)jj22 Wrote: That's where they said it came from. You know that sneak that they got no push from to pick up a yard.... Where the Dline held their ground, pushed through, and swallowed up Burrow. You thought that was funny?

Why don’t you point out the 70 yard Bomb, you know where Burrow had 7 seconds to throw, or last week where Burrow was only able to throw the touchdown to CJ because Carman blew up the potential sacker on a loop, or the second touchdown to Chase where he had 6 seconds to throw a TD. You going to tell me that’s not an improvement?
Reply/Quote
Stuff happens and their is only so much an O line can do on a designed sneak play. You don't need to get a ton of push as minimal yardage is the goal anyway. If injuries happen on a sneak it sucks but is what it is.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:52 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Can’t argue with ignorance. You already dug you’re own hole by trying to blame O-line only to say the injury happened on a designed QB run (sneak). So why argue, when you’re doing my work for me.

Who is responsible for getting enough push to pick up a yard? Are you blaming Burrow?

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  What I thought was funny was your claim that a good O-line would keep Burrow from contact on a sneak play.

A good Oline would have allowed him to pick up a yard, but I guess you guys are blaming Burrow.

So we've went from clutching pearls over Burrow's hospitalization, to me bringing up the Oline and BAM defensiveness and it's now Burrows fault.... Amazing how brining up the struggling Oline changes things.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:54 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Why don’t you point out the 70 yard Bomb, you know where Burrow had 7 seconds to throw, or last week where Burrow was only able to throw the touchdown to CJ because Carman blew up the potential sacker on a loop, or the second touchdown to Chase where he had 6 seconds to throw a TD. You going to tell me that’s not an improvement?

Burrow has gotten slaughtered, injured twice, and hospitalized all in 5 games. You want to bring up the 70 yard bomb. Here is what happened.

Long TD to Ja’Marr Chase was a result of miscommunication and guessing, says LaFleur - Acme Packing Company

That twist and them dropping out is why he had all that time.

Carman had his worse game as a pro. So now may not be the time to bring him up.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Post whatever quotes you want to.

I have ALWAYS said over and over again that the reason we could not spend all of our resources on the O-line was because we had other holes in the roster. 
I can post those quotes from you if you want to go there.

Please do. As Burrow continuously gets hurt and now hospitalized, I'm not sure why threatening those who fought for him to be protected by showing their concern and posts seems to be your ideal clap back. Given the thread we are in... 

Please show those how concerned we were (rightfully) with keeping Burrow healthy as he's already suffered 2 injuries and has been hospitalized in the first 5 games. Let the new people on the board know who they may want to listen to and who they may want to avoid listening to.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 10:07 AM)jj22 Wrote: Who is responsible for getting enough push to pick up a yard? Are you blaming Burrow?

(10-12-2021, 10:08 AM)jj22 Wrote: A good Oline would have allowed him to pick up a yard, but I guess you guys are blaming Burrow.

No.  We were not talking about why the sneak failed.  We are laughing at you for trying to claim that he would not have gotten hit on a QB sneak if he had a better O-line.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 10:08 AM)jj22 Wrote: A good Oline would have allowed him to pick up a yard, but I guess you guys are blaming Burrow.

So we've went from clutching pearls over Burrow's hospitalization, to me bringing up the Oline and BAM defensiveness and it's now Burrows fault.... Amazing how brining up the struggling Oline changes things.

No one said it was Burrows fault. Expecting no contact on a sneak just shows you know nothing about football. Whether he got a yard or not, there will be contact. Sometime things just happen. Plus, Burrow is fine, and it wasn’t a hospitalization. He literally went to just get checked and was home that evening. You’re pushing your agenda hard aren’t you bro?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 10:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  We were not talking about why the sneak failed.  We are laughing at you for trying to claim that he would not have gotten injured and hospitalized on a QB sneak if he had a better O-line that could get enough push for him to fall forward for a yard without being hospitalized trying.

Fixed for you

Reply/Quote