Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow to the Hospital
(10-12-2021, 11:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re really flailing now.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-line-units-entering-2021-season

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-offensive-lines-in-the-nfl-ranked-for-2021/

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/2021-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-by-positional-unit/

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/fantasy/news/2021-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-fantasy-football-sleepers-busts/1a383cwxkyin71wj5ggqcs1gdz

https://www.lineups.com/articles/nfl-offensive-line-rankings

https://www.ftnfantasy.com/articles/BrettWhitefield/23611/2021-fantasy-football-offensive-line-rankings/

I'd check the dates of those articles (just a heads up)..... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 10:08 AM)jj22 Wrote: A good Oline would have allowed him to pick up a yard, but I guess you guys are blaming Burrow.

So we've went from clutching pearls over Burrow's hospitalization, to me bringing up the Oline and BAM defensiveness and it's now Burrows fault.... Amazing how brining up the struggling Oline changes things.

wtf? This is the NFL, expecting the OL to be perfect on every play? 
What you need to be comparing is: are we better than last year. The answer is yes. maybe it wasn't enough for you since we didn't draft Sueweee first. Many of us have also said we wanted more help in FA. It it what it is for now and it's looking bright for the future.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link to him claiming that any injury occurring on a running play should be blamed on the O-line?

Link to him talking about all the QBs getting "injured" that have not missed a single snap?

Link to where I said any of that?

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:54 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Why don’t you point out the 70 yard Bomb, you know where Burrow had 7 seconds to throw, or last week where Burrow was only able to throw the touchdown to CJ because Carman blew up the potential sacker on a loop, or the second touchdown to Chase where he had 6 seconds to throw a TD. You going to tell me that’s not an improvement?

[Image: liar-liar-jim-carrey.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: wtf? This is the NFL, expecting the OL to be perfect on every play? 
What you need to be comparing is: are we better than last year. The answer is yes. maybe it wasn't enough for you since we didn't draft Sueweee first. Many of us have also said we wanted more help in FA. It it what it is for now and it's looking bright for the future.

I expect an Oline to allow us to pick up a yard yes. 

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 11:52 AM)jj22 Wrote:  Not sure what the point is pointing to another below average/average oline to boost ours.

Sorry, but I sometimes forget how simple things need to be explained to you.

I was making a joke about the O-line being responsible for a RBs injury on a running play.

Everyone got it but you.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'd check the dates of those articles (just a heads up)..... 

What does that matter? Every single outlet but one (who had them top 5) ranked them as the single best OL in the league coming into the season. Missing a LT for one game doesn’t change that. It’s ridiculous to suggest they’re a below average unit.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: I expect an Oline to allow us to pick up a yard yes. 

Guess what. If they had drafted Sewell and started him at left tackle like all of you guys wanted, it wouldn't have made a difference on the QB sneak.  That push comes from the interior line, not the tackles.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry, but I sometimes forget how simple things need to be explained to you.

I was making a joke about the O-line being responsible for a RBs injury on a running play.

Everyone got it but you.

Maybe you should quote them then. Not someone who never even mentioned any of that. 

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What does that matter? Every single outlet but one (who had them top 5) ranked them as the single best OL in the league coming into the season. Missing a LT for one game doesn’t change that. It’s ridiculous to suggest they’re a below average unit.

It matters because  many of those were before the season started (which you knew). Prior to the stats you posted to compare the two lines. Now that games are played.....

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:07 PM)Earendil Wrote: Guess what. If they had drafted Sewell and started him at left tackle like all of you guys wanted, it wouldn't have made a difference on the QB sneak.  That push comes from the interior line, not the tackles.

All we wanted and cared about was a focus on protecting Burrow. As long been stated if we took Sewell someone Reiff or Williams would have moved inside and upgraded a guard position. But my point isn't about Sewell, unless you point to a certain group not thinking Pollack can fix him; the same group that points to his addition as a key upgrade to the line. My point is we have a thread about Burrow to Hospital, and he's already been injured twice and it's only 5 games in.

My point also was those concerned earlier in this thread about Burrow's health, but that group slammed anyone this offseason and called them "drama queens" for being concerned about Burrows health prior to seeing the results of the season so far.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: I expect an Oline to allow us to pick up a yard yes. 

I do to.  I completely agree with you on this point.

If you would just limit yourself to reasonable logical comments then I would not be making fun of you.  the problem is that you go over-the-top and make ridiculous allegations about what the Bengals did to try and fix the O-line and how it has worked out.

"Drama queen" is not outdated.  It is the perfect definition of your posts here.  You can't settle for reality.  You have to make it an "end of the world" situation.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 10:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: Burrow has gotten slaughtered, injured twice, and hospitalized all in 5 games. You want to bring up the 70 yard bomb. Here is what happened.

Long TD to Ja’Marr Chase was a result of miscommunication and guessing, says LaFleur - Acme Packing Company

That twist and them dropping out is why he had all that time.

Carman had his worse game as a pro. So now may not be the time to bring him up.

i thought most big plays in the NFL were the result of a defensive miscommunication in the first place?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I do to.  I completely agree with you on this point.

If you would just limit yourself to reasonable logical comments then I would not be making fun of you.  the problem is that you go over-the-top and make ridiculous allegations about what the Bengals did to try and fix the O-line and how it has worked out.

"Drama queen" is not outdated.  It is the perfect definition of your posts here.  You can't settle for reality.  You have to make it an "end of the world" situation.

Reality is it's week 5 and we have a thread about Burrow to Hospital. This after we watched him get injured the first half of the 1st game of the season. Have watched him take brutal hits and sacks. That's all the reality I need to wonder if he'll make it the year, and if we really did all we could to ensure he does. 

I don't think you are "making fun of me". Honestly Fred, you do much more self owning then you realize. But I'm here for it.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:12 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: i thought most big plays in the NFL were the result of a defensive miscommunication in the first place?

I'd agree. Most like that probably are. 

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:07 PM)Earendil Wrote: Guess what. If they had drafted Sewell and started him at left tackle like all of you guys wanted, it wouldn't have made a difference on the QB sneak.  That push comes from the interior line, not the tackles.

Well I mean if sewell was here, Reiff or Jonah would be at guard

So... yes there would be better push
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Well I mean if sewell was here, Reiff or Jonah would be at guard

So... yes there would be better push

And we would probably be 0-5, 1-4 since we are doing hypotheticals.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: All we wanted and cared about was a focus on protecting Burrow. 

Uh, no, that is not true.

If that was all that you cared about then you would have given the team credit for signing Reif, hiring Pollack, emphasizing the run game, and drafting multiple O-linemen.

Instead you said

Post Reply to Tim McGee's great idea (thebengalsboard.com)

(04-15-2021, 04:55 PM)jj22 Wrote:  they ignored the line last offseason 

Post Reply to Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase (thebengalsboard.com)

(03-26-2021, 09:23 AM)jj22 Wrote: Just bad business to continue to ignore the line

Post Reply to Are the Bengals better today than before free agency (thebengalsboard.com)

(03-23-2021, 03:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: The goal of the offseason was to protect Burrow. And the weakness of the line was the interior, and we did nothing.
Reply/Quote
I can't figure out if you quoting me is to give me props. I did say all we cared about was protecting Burrow. I think you made that clear. Thanks.

Glad you brought Pollack back up as a key addition (which I mentioned earlier in the thread that folks did even though now they don't think he would have helped Sewell). See Fred, this is the self owns you are known for my friend.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:27 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: And we would probably be 0-5, 1-4 since we are doing hypotheticals.

Yep. We definitely aren’t 3-2 without all those Chase TD’s. He literally is the offense right now.

Plus, there’s no guarantee Jonah or Reiff would even be any good at OG. Sewell was terrible when the Lions tried him at RT, and we’re seeing how tough switching positions has been on Carman. It’s a lot harder than some think.

Reply/Quote