Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow to the Hospital
(10-10-2021, 08:25 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I wonder if there is any NFL forum that is not classless though. Not defending, just saying...lol.

I think the only thing that made me accidentally laugh was someone saying he went to the hospital with a throat contusion to avoid talking to the press about his performance.

IDK man, probably.

I still remember the first game I went to as a kid...Bengals fans cheered Kenny getting injured, writhing in pain of the field with his wife watching in the stands. He later called the fans 'stupid and classless'. I guess that has always stuck with me, and why I don't think it's funny to make jokes about injured players.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's all fun and games until Brandon Allen is starting.

I refuse too watch that... 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:28 PM)pally Wrote: A throat contusion is a bruise.  A good scenario is the skin turns black and blue and that's it.  But, apparently, he was having some level of trouble talking which means at minimum, the swelling from the injury could be compressing the vocal cords.  There would also be concerned about damage to the trachea and esophagus. The worst-case scenario is that the injury shuts down the windpipe which would require the immediate insertion of a breathing tube until the swelling subsides.  

This is Joe Burrow so I'm sure they are testing him for everything. He has likely been given a CT scan to look at all the structures in the throat.  They may have even put a scope down the throat to get an even better look.  He also will likely be kept for observation for several hours in order to monitor his breathing.

It is one of those injuries that could have him back at practice tomorrow or out for some time waiting for the internal structures of the throat to heal.

Side splittingly hysterical stuff isn’t it…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IDK man, probably.

I still remember the first game I went to as a kid...Bengals fans cheered Kenny getting injured, writhing in pain of the field with his wife watching in the stands. He later called the fans 'stupid and classless'. I guess that has always stuck with me, and why I don't think it's funny to make jokes about injured players.

Common decency is all we ask...
Reply/Quote

It was more about the way he played than the injury... I don't think anyone was doing it with bad intent...
Reply/Quote

My first game was in Cleveland. I was spit on and another Bengals fan that they replaced with the Browns fan that spit on me (and was kicked out of the game), was replaced with a Bengals fan that had a black eye. This isn't baseball. It's up in the air how the fans are going to interact when I go to Bengals games, but I'm also used to Browns fans - lol. They're kind of terrible and that's part of the fun, the "dawg pound" isn't meant for non Browns fans.

I think it's poor taste to make fun of anyone injured, true. I mean AJ missed 53 games with a broken toe nail, so...lol.

But it's pretty hypocritical that you can't be sarcastic about something with someone you will never interact with, but you can be sarcastic (and rude) with people you are currently interacting with.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:40 PM)Tony Wrote: It was more about the way he played than the injury... I don't think anyone was doing it with bad intent...

So in your words Joe should be released?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thank you.

Has nothing to do with how much the player is “liked.” I’d be just as disgusted if people were joking about Drew Sample being in the hospital.

This is not Facebook. This place should be better than that.

I think there's a pretty big distinction between a guy going to a hospital after an injury, and a guy getting banged up, playing 2.5 more quarters of football, and then going to the hospital just to get checked out.

We all know it's not life threatening or anything. He literally did peak-level athleticism for 2+ hours afterwards. So it is either nothing bad, or Taylor and the Bengals are guilty of trying to literally kill Joe Burrow. I'm leaning towards the former.

Note nobody is making any jokes about Evans.

I didn't make any Burrow jokes, but I am not going to act morally indignant about them either.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:40 PM)Tony Wrote: It was more about the way he played than the injury... I don't think anyone was doing it with bad intent...

I was under the impression that if you liked someone you waited to see that it wasn't a big deal BEFORE you made jokes about it, and then it was fair game.  Letting the jokes rip as soon as you see/hear someone is hurt is something I'd expect us to save for dudes like Ben Roethlisberger or [insert politician you don't like here].
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Common decency is all we ask...

Yup.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was under the impression that if you liked someone you waited to see that it wasn't a big deal BEFORE you made jokes about it, and then it was fair game.  Letting the jokes rip as soon as you see/hear someone is hurt is something I'd expect us to save for dudes like Ben Roethlisberger or [insert politician you don't like here].

You mean like waiting until 3+ hours later? We watched him play and run for literal hours afterwards.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He was having trouble talking apparently to reports, those bruises can take weeks to heal if that's what it is. Not sure how it affects playcalling for the near future.

yes, how does he function if they cant hear him call the signals in a noisy stadium no less?
Hope hes ok and he needs ot learn not to throw his body into those situations.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think there's a pretty big distinction between a guy going to a hospital after an injury, and a guy getting banged up, playing 2.5 more quarters of football, and then going to the hospital just to get checked out.

We all know it's not life threatening or anything. He literally did peak-level athleticism for 2+ hours afterwards. So it is either nothing bad, or Taylor and the Bengals are guilty of trying to literally kill Joe Burrow. I'm leaning towards the former.

Note nobody is making any jokes about Evans.

I didn't make any Burrow jokes, but I am not going to act morally indignant about them either.

We actually don't know when he got the throat injury.  I saw a report that said it happened towards the end of the game.  Injured throats can absolutely be life-threatening.  There could be serious injuries to the trachea or esophagus that aren't immediately apparent.  
If he is lucky it is nothing more than a bruise but don't automatically assume that just because he walked off the field that he wasn't dealing with a potentially serious injury.
Throat injuries are ones you don't fool around with.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:34 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It also is an NFL fanbase.

You guys should go join any other fanbase forum, your choice, you will laugh if you go in thinking it's all positivity. I bet even the Cardinals fan base is yelling about something lol, even though they're crushing everyone. It is naïve to think this is a Cincy only thing.

For real giggles you should watch their gameday threads when we're playing them, lol.

Do they, on average, make light of their team's injuries?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You mean like waiting until 3+ hours later? We watched him play and run for literal hours afterwards.

Fair enough.  But you've got to sound the "everything's OK" alarm, with caution in these parts.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Everyone needs to listen to this...

I concur.  'Holic is correct, we don't have to be classless.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sports are funny like that. One missed kick (of what...6 total?) could've changed a lot of the talk around the Bengals. Now it's going to be "the Bengals will be dangerous in a couple years" kinda talk.

Imagine how over the top giddy this forum would be right now. Because of 1 kick. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Exactly. Nobody was joking when Burrow shredded his knee.

He choked, and had a throat problem.

Burrow didn't choke. He threw an "ugh" int early and a "WTF??" int late, but he drove the team to the tying TD and 2pt conversion and then drove them into range twice for game winning kick attempts. 

You can complain about some of his decisions and a couple of his throws but you can't say he choked. Terrible play calling/decision making and 2 terrible FG attempts lost the game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He was having trouble talking apparently to reports, those bruises can take weeks to heal if that's what it is. Not sure how it affects playcalling for the near future.

It will be the latest Bengals innovation. Tyler Boyd will verbally call the plays and Burrow will use hand signals and silent counts. 

[Image: BRILLIANT_.jpg]

Reply/Quote
One thing we can all agree on is Joe's time as a Bengal will be short. I can't see him surviving a 10+ year career here. He's just an injury away every game he plays to becoming closer to Luck.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote