Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow to the Hospital
(10-10-2021, 07:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Lord knows I'm speechless and can't swallow the loss either.

Hmm, maybe I need to get that checked out...

Careful, they say that if you swallow a loss hard enough it can cause a contusion..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He was having trouble talking apparently to reports, those bruises can take weeks to heal if that's what it is. Not sure how it affects playcalling for the near future.
Reply/Quote
He may not leave the hospital singing, but he will come out throwing.

Reply/Quote
Dudes there is a clear difference between who can handle sarcasm here and who can't, and who takes all this very personally. I can see how people can find this distasteful, sarcasm can cut hard on the internet.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Careful, they say that if you swallow a loss hard enough it can cause a contusion..

Especially if it is a big loss.  And that loss was HUGE!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Careful, they say that if you swallow a loss hard enough it can cause a contusion..

And God forbid he walks out of there owning a loss and kicks ass going forward. It’s Joe Burrow, we all know what happens next. Best loss ever.

Reply/Quote
If Andy Dalton had the same performance and choked at the end with that same bone headed pick, then wound up in the hospital with a throat contusion, the jokes would've been more fast and furious than Dom Toretto saying "family".

Joe is getting off pretty light I'd say, mostly because people like him a lot more than Andy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Andy Dalton had the same performance and choked at the end with that same bone headed pick, then wound up in the hospital with a throat contusion, the jokes would've been more fast and furious than Dom Toretto saying "family".

Joe is getting off pretty light I'd say, mostly because people like him a lot more than Andy.

It's all fun and games until Brandon Allen is starting.
Reply/Quote
I've never thought it was cool to joke about players getting injured, whether it's one of our guys or from another team. Hate to see anyone getting injured and have never really found any humor in it.

Yeah, this is a football forum...but that doesn't mean we need to be a classless forum.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Joe had a good game, and should've won if our kicker could've hit a FG in 2 chances.

Or lost if their kicker makes a PAT or hits 1 of 3 FGs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Andy Dalton had the same performance and choked at the end with that same bone headed pick, then wound up in the hospital with a throat contusion, the jokes would've been more fast and furious than Dom Toretto saying "family".

This ^
Joe really needs to start playing better. I know Taylor sucks but Burrow was mediocre at best today.
Going to be embarrassing when they play SD and see in person how good Herbert is. That pisses me off because I hate the Chargers and Herberts a doosh.

Bengals may only be favored in 2 more games this year (vs Lions and Jets)
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've never thought it was cool to joke about players getting injured, whether it's one of our guys or from another team. Hate to see anyone getting injured and have never really found any humor in it.

Yeah, this is a football forum...but that doesn't mean we need to be a classless forum.

Everyone needs to listen to this...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm going to take a wild guess here, and say that it's likely that most of the "classless" fans are just happy it's for a bruised throat, and not completely wrecking his knee on that ill advised tuck and run.  Not to mention that it's quite ironic that Mr. "Just put it in my hands" seemed to choke up when the game was on the line. could have been the tunnel vision that he has on Chase??)

The pick in OT was intended for Boyd…

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've never thought it was cool to joke about players getting injured, whether it's one of our guys or from another team. Hate to see anyone getting injured and have never really found any humor in it.

Yeah, this is a football forum...but that doesn't mean we need to be a classless forum.

I wonder if there is any NFL forum that is not classless though. Not defending, just saying...lol.

I think the only thing that made me accidentally laugh was someone saying he went to the hospital with a throat contusion to avoid talking to the press about his performance.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:31 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Is there a Dr in the house? Wtf does this even mean? Hope he’s ok first of all, but what kind of time frame are we looking at. Also does this mean he won’t be able to audible out of Zac’s Jack ass play calling?

A throat contusion is a bruise.  A good scenario is the skin turns black and blue and that's it.  But, apparently, he was having some level of trouble talking which means at minimum, the swelling from the injury could be compressing the vocal cords.  There would also be concerned about damage to the trachea and esophagus. The worst-case scenario is that the injury shuts down the windpipe which would require the immediate insertion of a breathing tube until the swelling subsides.  

This is Joe Burrow so I'm sure they are testing him for everything. He has likely been given a CT scan to look at all the structures in the throat.  They may have even put a scope down the throat to get an even better look.  He also will likely be kept for observation for several hours in order to monitor his breathing.

It is one of those injuries that could have him back at practice tomorrow or out for some time waiting for the internal structures of the throat to heal.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've never thought it was cool to joke about players getting injured, whether it's one of our guys or from another team. Hate to see anyone getting injured and have never really found any humor in it.

Thank you.

Has nothing to do with how much the player is “liked.” I’d be just as disgusted if people were joking about Drew Sample being in the hospital.

This is not Facebook. This place should be better than that.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Some disgusting replies in this thread already, but I expected nothing less.

Hope Joe’s ok.

I wholeheartedly agree.  Making humor out of any injury isn't really funny to me.  Just sayin'.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is not Facebook. This place should be better than that.

It also isn't Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
It also is an NFL fanbase.

You guys should go join any other fanbase forum, your choice, you will laugh if you go in thinking it's all positivity. I bet even the Cardinals fan base is yelling about something lol, even though they're crushing everyone. It is naïve to think this is a Cincy only thing.

For real giggles you should watch their gameday threads when we're playing them, lol.
Reply/Quote

Just to throw my 2 cents in on this, I don't think jokes are a big deal IF the injury isn't at all serious. That said, it's a bit early to make that call. It could wind up being serious. Hence why I resisted joining in on the fun, even though this is definitely an ironic injury.

(10-10-2021, 08:17 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Or lost if their kicker makes a PAT or hits 1 of 3 FGs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not worried about what their kicker did wrong. I'm worried about what our kicker did wrong. If our kicker hits his kick, I doubt GB fans would pin the blame on Rodgers, even though he took a dumb sack in OT.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote