Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow to the Hospital
(10-10-2021, 06:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't get to see the game yet, hope Burrow is alright. Got hit in the throat eh?

Knew it was a game of who had the ball last but I saw some highlights of McPherson and Crosby missing kicks left and right.

Windy as hell I would guess.

Evan celebrated on his 49 yard kick almost halfway and it sailed left. The upright flag showed the wind was pushing it that way in the last part of his kick.

Kind of funny and sad at the same time lol (0:30).

I didn't see it yet but according to press conference reports Evan was blaming the field (?).

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:08 PM)jason Wrote: That dive was sooooo ill-advised...

Yeah. If it's 4th down late in the game, i can see it. 2nd quarter just going for a first down. Never ever ever. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
McPherson celebrating as the kick goes wide is just the mostly awesomely bad sort of thing.  At least he didn't injure himself whilst celebrating, ala Martin Gramattica...that was him right? 
Reply/Quote
I'd like to say curry started this nonsense but then I remembered this

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:54 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Evan celebrated on his 49 yard kick almost halfway and it sailed left. The upright flag showed the wind was pushing it that way in the last part of his kick.

Kind of funny and sad at the same time lol (0:30).

I didn't see it yet but according to press conference reports Evan was blaming the field (?).

Must of felt good when he kicked it and he knew it was going in. I understand a bit with the wind pushing.

McPherson is still a great young Kicker, he will learn from this. It's all good.

This team is going to win a lot of games, pushed a SB contender to the end. 

I just hope this one loss doesn't come back to bite us. It was an NFC team which is better.

Damn Davante Adams tore us up for 200+ yards receiving is the prob along with Aaron Jones running all over.

Take away their best player and stop the damn run. Learn.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:59 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'd like to say curry started this nonsense but then I remembered this

Swagger is a double edged sword, fo' sho.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Must of felt good when he kicked it and he knew it was going in. I understand a bit with the wind pushing.

McPherson is still a great young Kicker, he will learn from this. It's all good.

This team is going to win a lot of games, pushed a SB contender to the end. 

I just hope this one loss doesn't come back to bite us. It was an NFC team which is better.

Damn Davante Adams tore us up for 200+ yards receiving is the prob along with Aaron Jones running all over.

Take away their best player and stop the damn run. Learn.

I'd like to see the presser where he's talking about field conditions other than saying he's going to go out there and practice until it gets dark tonight, lol. I definitely thought 49 is well within his range, he didn't start it out down the middle and the wind caught it. Dude almost hit it over the top of the uprights from 49 lol. Power doesn't mean much if the accuracy isn't there I guess.

It was a crazy game, if you didn't watch it yet, you will see lol. Too bad you already know the conclusion.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: McPherson celebrating as the kick goes wide is just the mostly awesomely bad sort of thing.  At least he didn't injure himself whilst celebrating, ala Martin Gramattica...that was him right? 

Riley Moss did the same thing yesterday after his interception in the Iowa/Penn State game. Happens.

Celebrate once it is done. Steph Curry ain't got no wind to push his 3's wide.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The choking posts are funny; as is this loss is hard to swallow. Lighten up; hell, he'll probably make one.

WTS, we know everyone in the forum hopes Joe is fine.

If he isn't, it might not be worth watching.. Allen is horrible.. I'm sure Joe will be ok.. He wouldn't of kept playing had it been that bad. .
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: McPherson celebrating as the kick goes wide is just the mostly awesomely bad sort of thing.  At least he didn't injure himself whilst celebrating, ala Martin Gramattica...that was him right? 

Stephen Tullock after a sack, against the Packers coincidentally, is the one I remember. Did a jump up, landed, and was doing the Rodgers belt celebration when he collapsed from a torn ACL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: If I ever see Joe burrow I’ll let him know that you defended his honor

WTF's wrong with you people? That's our QB you all are making fun of. Are you all going to turn on Joe like you did on Andy? 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Stephen Tullock after a sack, against the Packers coincidentally, is the one I remember. Did a jump up, landed, and was doing the Rodgers belt celebration when he collapsed from a torn ACL.

I mean really, anytime they throw Evan into the air I'm like ok yeah put him back down carefully, wtf. lol

Didn't lamar injure his hip flipping into the endzone for no reason?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Stephen Tullock after a sack, against the Packers coincidentally, is the one I remember. Did a jump up, landed, and was doing the Rodgers belt celebration when he collapsed from a torn ACL.

Right, I've seen players get injured celebrating, and I've seen players get injured celebrating meaningless plays but I don't think I've ever seen players get injued celebrating a play that was blown.  That would be the triple whammy that would be "butt fumble" levels of memorable. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:07 PM)BengalRed Wrote: WTF's wrong with you people? That's our QB you all are making fun of. Are you all going to turn on Joe like you did on Andy? 

They probably will if he isn't perfect.

Good thing Joe knows that some fans are just jaded by losing so long. He made a bad interception, that is all.

He played decent, not what he would say though. Joe Burrow will take it personally.

Agree with you, some dudes on here sound as bad as the gameday thread. Get over it people.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Riley Moss did the same thing yesterday after his interception in the Iowa/Penn State game. Happens.

Celebrate once it is done. Steph Curry ain't got no wind to push his 3's wide.

I watched some video yesterday of Aikman talking about how they used to not have their "own" game balls brought in. The NFL would bring any new balls they wanted to the game, the players wouldn't have used/chosen them beforeahand. They couldn't rough them up/etc. Aikman used this as an excuse to say Brady definitely knew/wanted the balls to be deflated, because each team was allowed to bring in their own roughed up balls that they get to use for the game (as long as they pass inspection). After inspection, if they are modified, that would be illegal.

Just made me think of all nba rims are the same, they have to be, but then what about the game basketballs, is there any variation that can cause issues - for curry probably not. In football, seems to matter lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:07 PM)BengalRed Wrote: WTF's wrong with you people? That's our QB you all are making fun of. Are you all going to turn on Joe like you did on Andy? 

Where in that post did I make fun or turn on Burrow?

I’m goofing on the people getting offended that people are making the obvious choking jokes

Am I supposed to treat Burrow like jesus christ our lord and savior?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:07 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Are you all going to turn on Joe like you did on Andy? 

Gotta question the last part, Andy shouldn't have been turned on? Andy did well here, I think we can agree he wasn't going to win a superbowl here  (he didn't win a playoff game). Are you saying you want Andy back? Lol. I thought he should have stayed as a backup. Not like Allen is likely whispering anything much in Burrow's ear that's helpful.
Reply/Quote
Joe had a good game, and should've won if our kicker could've hit a FG in 2 chances.

He made some dumb throws today, but the team is electric and it's mostly thanks to the guy under center.

Prayers for a speedy recovery.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Damn…

I mostly love that Joe never gives up on plays, but he’s got to learn to pick his moments. Constantly trying to play hero ball in the NFL is a dangerous game. I’m thinking of the big hit he took against the WFT last year before the injury, and now this one.

Live to fight another down, Joe.

Dude is a fighter, maybe too much of a fighter. True that Nicomo. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Joe had a good game, and should've won if our kicker could've hit a FG in 2 chances.

He made some dumb throws today, but the team is electric and it's mostly thanks to the guy under center.

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Damn rights Shake. Rock On
Reply/Quote