Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow to the Hospital
(10-10-2021, 06:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Some disgusting replies in this thread already, but I expected nothing less.

Hope Joe’s ok.

Huh, what??  Come on man, this is a football forum, not a debate on social policy.  Fans are always going to speak the obvious, no matter what.

In this particular case, I actually had to check and make sure that the throat contusion wasn't a joke..  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Huh, what??  Come on man, this is a football forum, not a debate on social policy.  Fans are always going to speak the obvious, no matter what.

In this particular case, I actually had to check and make sure that the throat contusion wasn't a joke..  

I did too...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Huh, what??  Come on man, this is a football forum, not a debate on social policy.  Fans are always going to speak the obvious, no matter what.

I'll admit I'm a bit surprised we are so quick to joke about it, that is, not even waiting to find out it isn't a big deal before we make light of it.  
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit I'm a bit surprised we are so quick to joke about it, that is, not even waiting to find out it isn't a big deal before we make light of it.  

Do you really think he would've kept playing if it was that bad?
Reply/Quote
Burrow played a good game
Reply/Quote
Shake n BlakeJoe had a good game, and should've won if our kicker could've hit a FG in 2 chances.

He made some dumb throws today, but the team is electric and it's mostly thanks to the guy under center.

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Absolutely, Burrow is the leader and the team knows that with him most things are possible!

It shows when you watch the games. The team beliivs.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:28 PM)Tony Wrote: Do you really think he would've kept playing if it was that bad?

I don't know.  According to our takes on Burrow, the guy would play with a detached head he loves the game so much.  The thing is that it isn't a normal injury and the throat is a bit of a fragile and important area, so we're in the dark on this one in a few ways.
Reply/Quote
Is there a Dr in the house? Wtf does this even mean? Hope he’s ok first of all, but what kind of time frame are we looking at. Also does this mean he won’t be able to audible out of Zac’s Jack ass play calling?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't know.  According to our takes on Burrow, the guy would play with a detached head he loves the game so much.  The thing is that it isn't a normal injury and the throat is a bit of a fragile and important area, so we're in the dark on this one in a few ways.

It's not like we have luck with these things either......
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:38 PM)Tony Wrote: It's not like we have luck with these things either......

Well, we lost today and Burrow went to the hospital...a bit of a one-two punch, that.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Joe had a good game, and should've won if our kicker could've hit a FG in 2 chances.

He made some dumb throws today, but the team is electric and it's mostly thanks to the guy under center.

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Sooo many things that missed kick did. Took away a win that would have had them talked about all week, esp after Burrow drove them down the field. Chopped Burrows rating up, since he threw the pick in OT to drop it from 100 to 80something. Given him 3 game winning kicks in 5 games. 

So much changed on that one kick. I could be wrong but before the OT kick i was yelling for them to get the ball on the right hash because i think all his misses have been from the left hash this year.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Social policy? What? Sorry, if I see our “fans” acting classless, I’m going to call it out. Could we not have at least waited until he got out of the damn hospital before we starting making jokes?

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:27 PM)pally Wrote: it says a lot about the lack of character of anyone who would make a joke about someone else's injury..especially when it is a player from your own fandom

They're Stealer fans who just come here to troll..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:28 PM)Tony Wrote: Do you really think he would've kept playing if it was that bad?

It would hardly be the first time. Guys play through serious injuries (and concussions) all the time. We just don’t know yet. That’s the point.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sooo many things that missed kick did. Took away a win that would have had them talked about all week, esp after Burrow drove them down the field. Chopped Burrows rating up, since he threw the pick in OT to drop it from 100 to 80something. Given him 3 game winning kicks in 5 games. 

So much changed on that one kick. I could be wrong but before the OT kick i was yelling for them to get the ball on the right hash because i think all his misses have been from the left hash this year.

Sports are funny like that. One missed kick (of what...6 total?) could've changed a lot of the talk around the Bengals. Now it's going to be "the Bengals will be dangerous in a couple years" kinda talk.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It would hardly be the first time. Guys play through serious injuries (and concussions) all the time. We just don’t know yet. That’s the point.

Yeah, this probably isn't something big, but we've watched enough football to know that adrenaline wears off and injuries sort of "develop" the next day.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Social policy? What? Sorry, if I see our “fans” acting classless, I’m going to call it out. Could we not have at least waited until he got out of the damn hospital before we starting making jokes?

I'm going to take a wild guess here, and say that it's likely that most of the "classless" fans are just happy it's for a bruised throat, and not completely wrecking his knee on that ill advised tuck and run.  Not to mention that it's quite ironic that Mr. "Just put it in my hands" seemed to choke up when the game was on the line.  (could have been the tunnel vision that he has on Chase??)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm going to take a wild guess here, and say that it's likely that most of the "classless" fans are just happy it's for a bruised throat, and not completely wrecking his knee on that ill advised tuck and run.  Not to mention that it's quite ironic that Mr. "Just put it in my hands" seemed to choke up when the game was on the line.  (could have been the tunnel vision that he has on Chase??)

Exactly. Nobody was joking when Burrow shredded his knee.

He choked, and had a throat problem.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Exactly. Nobody was joking when Burrow shredded his knee.

In all fairness, we also instantly knew his knee injury was bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm going to take a wild guess here, and say that it's likely that most of the "classless" fans are just happy it's for a bruised throat, and not completely wrecking his knee on that ill advised tuck and run.  Not to mention that it's quite ironic that Mr. "Just put it in my hands" seemed to choke up when the game was on the line.  (could have been the tunnel vision that he has on Chase??)

(10-10-2021, 07:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Exactly. Nobody was joking when Burrow shredded his knee.

Lord knows I'm speechless and can't swallow the loss either.

Hmm, maybe I need to get that checked out...
Reply/Quote