Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow to the Hospital
Saw where a Brown's linebacker was also sent to the hospital with a throat contusion after their loss today.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Saw where a Brown's linebacker was also sent to the hospital with a throat contusion after their loss today.

I think I got a heart contusion today, watching the game...
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:04 AM)Tony Wrote: I think I got a heart contusion today, watching the game...

Most fans got a butt contusion.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:29 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Most fans got a butt contusion.
I don't think anyone watching , watches for a loss lol.. I mean there probably is 1 or 2 on here who do, but mostly we all just want a Bengals win on sunday. This was just a rough loss that's all..
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 12:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry to get here so late.

What did I miss in this thread?

Coffee

Good ole fred....The Evan McPherson of posters.  Always missing it.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:52 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It would just grow the legend of Joe Burrow. This man wanted to win so badly, he gave his voice up and played through it.

First mute to win a superbowl.

Actually the first mute to win a super bowl was Jim Allen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Saw where a Brown's linebacker was also sent to the hospital with a throat contusion after their loss today.

Does their board have 13 pages dedicated to squabbling over it?  I'm legit curious. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:29 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Most fans got a butt contusion.

Well, that's the story im giving my wife at least. 
Reply/Quote
So to sum up this thread: some people think it’s ok to joke about these things and some don’t. 13 pages later the same people think it’s ok and the same people don’t.

And something about fat Randy.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Some disgusting replies in this thread already, but I expected nothing less.

Hope Joe’s ok.

Ditto.

Despite the off day, if Higgins comes down with that last drop (which was a great route, and throw from Burrow), Mcpherson probably hits THAT FG and wins the game.  We would forget all about the INTs and the odd play calls.  

Still, it is a loss and they now have three straight on the road.  

This game was a loss for almost everyone on the schedule when it came out, but they showed they can play with anyone.  I know GB was missing some key players, but they have quality depth and it was a very close game.  

Beat Detroit and you are 4-2 heading in to a big AFC North showdown with the Rats.  
Reply/Quote
Is there an actual update on this?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 02:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Does their board have 13 pages dedicated to squabbling over it?  I'm legit curious. 

Probably not, not even Brown's fans are that classless.
Reply/Quote
Any updates on this? Strange to have 0 news… he better not be the dreaded day to day with a throat.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:24 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Any updates on this? Strange to have 0 news… he better not be the dreaded day to day with a throat.

It's either going to be good news or bad news, no day to day. For a throat contusion, they do a CT Scan to check for damage to the neck, windpipe, vocal cords etc. If there is no structural damage, it's just a bruise and they take anti inflamatories to reduce the swelling and it's basically a bruise. If he has structural damage, he won't be back for awhile. 
Reply/Quote
Remember the "injured throat" angle of Savage v Steamboat for WrestleMania 3?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:30 AM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Is there an actual update on this?

Not that I've found.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 02:16 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Good ole fred....The Evan McPherson of posters.  Always missing it.

No joking about our kicker until we know if his "hurt feelings" are going to be alright.  Ninja

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:45 AM)grampahol Wrote: In the immortal words of my old man, wait'll you get to be my age. You'll find out differently.. ThumbsUp

It sort of just hit me how when you look back at the past and wishing you made the right decisions you are, in both cases, assuming you have all the correct answers at the present moment.

Right now I'm sure I am right about being wrong in the past when I was sure I was right.  The important thing is, at any given moment, I'm sure I'm right.  Anyways, I keep derailing this throat thread.
Reply/Quote
The Browns linebacker cleared and released from the hospital last night, but no updates on Burrow yet. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:56 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Browns linebacker cleared and released from the hospital last night, but no updates on Burrow yet. 

That does not bode well...
Reply/Quote