Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow took Bates to UFC 276
They just showed Joe Burrow and Bates was right next to him and Awuzie next to Bates! Good sign!?!?
Reply/Quote
Why would Burrow take Bates? Bates makes more money...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 12:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would Burrow take Bates? Bates makes more money...

It's been all over , Burrow is really trying to get him to stay. Took him to Vegas...
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 12:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would Burrow take Bates? Bates makes more money...

Joey B has made more and it's not even close.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 12:54 AM)Synric Wrote: Joey B has made more and it's not even close.

Why are you engaging?

Bfine clearly said it as a joke
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 12:56 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Why are you engaging?

Bfine clearly said it as a joke

Meh hard to tell with Bfine sometimes lol. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 12:54 AM)Synric Wrote: Joey B has made more and it's not even close.

I was thinking this myself, but didn't care to respond lol.. It's more about Burrow doing what he can to keep Bates here..
Reply/Quote
This is the trip Joe talked about at his press conference a couple of weeks ago.

And it is just as likely, that they each paid their own expenses

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This would have been more interesting if it was "Burrow fought Bates at UFC 276". Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Joe is so calculated and he cares so much about winning a Super Bowl....probably multiple Super Bowls, that I can't help but think he MAY (no insider information here, just looking at the man) decide to take a lesser deal if the savings are guaranteed to go to Bates or simply other players.

Joe might be on the verge of some big non-football contract endorsement. Maybe he takes $400 million over 10 years and saves the Bengals about $10 million per year. I know that is a massive sacrifice, but I think if Joe could play with Tee, Ja'Marr, and Bates for that, he would take that over just two of them if he got the top dollar.

I know that is asking a lot of a guy that has not hit the big payday yet, but I just wonder if something like that might happen. He has already proven to be very savvy with his money. That Nike chain wasn't paid for by him.
Reply/Quote
Hate to say it, but I don't see this meaning anything more than Burrow and Bates are friends. Burrow and CJ were friends too, and we saw how that turned out. Bates will play here this year on the Franchise Tag if he doesn't get a long term deal. This is just 20 something year old friends with money hanging out.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 11:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hate to say it, but I don't see this meaning anything more than Burrow and Bates are friends. Burrow and CJ were friends too, and we saw how that turned out. Bates will play here this year on the Franchise Tag if he doesn't get a long term deal. This is just 20 something year old friends with money hanging out.

I agree with you. These guys are young millionaires and they aren't any different than the rest of us in that they want to hang out with friends and have a good time. I'm sure they talked some shop on the trip, but I'd be surprised if it was Burrow trying to convince Bates to take less money and stay. 
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 11:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hate to say it, but I don't see this meaning anything more than Burrow and Bates are friends. Burrow and CJ were friends too, and we saw how that turned out. Bates will play here this year on the Franchise Tag if he doesn't get a long term deal. This is just 20 something year old friends with money hanging out.

Hate to agree cause I have always wanted Bates to stay but I think you are correct Sled. Nothing hinting at us giving Bates 
the monster contract that he wants here IMO. He clearly wants more than his play has warranted. He played great in the 
Playoffs but he was pretty bad all regular season when money was on his mind. I see no reason for this changing just cause
Burrow and Bates are buds. The inconsistency of Bates game along with our drafting Dax Hill and Tycen Anderson pretty 
much seals the deal that there will be no deal.

The only question is if Bates will play on the Tag. We still do not know this.
Reply/Quote
When the Franchise player goes out of his way to mention Bates at his press conference and talks about how much he wants the Franchise to sign him to a longterm deal. You damm right it means something significant. Burrow is calculated him showing up with Bates in Vegas is a message to the FO.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 04:52 PM)J24 Wrote: When the Franchise player goes out of his way to mention Bates at his press conference and talks about how much he wants the Franchise to sign him to a longterm deal. You damm right it means something significant. Burrow is calculated him showing up with Bates in Vegas is a message to the FO.

Or he’s just sweetening him up to take a team friendly contract
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 04:52 PM)J24 Wrote: When the Franchise player goes out of his way to mention Bates at his press conference  and talks about how much he wants the Franchise to sign him to a longterm deal. You damm right it means something significant. Burrow is calculated him showing up with Bates in Vegas is a message to the FO.

Burrow doesn't have to "show up" in Vegas with Bates to send the team a message. I'm pretty sure he has direct lines of communication with ownership.

Mikey to Katie: "Bates is a good player but we are not in a position to offer him the long term deal he wants"

Katie to Mikey: "You do knoe he and Burrow were in Vegas watching UFC last night don't you?"

Mikey to Katie: "Uh oh, JB's sending us a message...Give Bates whatever he wants"

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 05:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Or he’s just sweetening him up to take a team friendly contract

If there's anything to read more into this than a couple young pro athletes taking in an event in Vegas..this is it.

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 05:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Or he’s just sweetening him up to take a team friendly contract
Hopefully!
(07-03-2022, 05:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Burrow doesn't have to "show up" in Vegas with Bates to send the team a message. I'm pretty sure he has direct lines of communication with ownership.

Mikey to Katie: "Bates is a good player but we are not in a position to offer him the long term deal he wants"

Katie to Mikey: "You do knoe he and Burrow were in Vegas watching UFC last night don't you?"

Mikey to Katie: "Uh oh, JB's sending us a message...Give Bates whatever he wants"
It's a new world old man. The way of communicating is way different than it was when you were in your 20s.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 05:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If there's anything to read more into this than a couple young pro athletes taking in an event in Vegas..this is it.

I just saw where they were there courtesy of the UFC...  so they were comped.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 04:52 PM)J24 Wrote: When the Franchise player goes out of his way to mention Bates at his press conference  and talks about how much he wants the Franchise to sign him to a longterm deal. You damm right it means something significant. Burrow is calculated him showing up with Bates in Vegas is a message to the FO.

It was reported weeks ago Burrow was taking Bates on a trip to Vegas. These guy don't know what they are talking about.. 
Reply/Quote