Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow took Bates to UFC 276
(07-07-2022, 10:24 PM)J24 Wrote: Daxton Hill as the same exact skill set as Hilton but is only bigger, quicker, and longer. Also are we forgetting that Beckham was dicing us up in the Superbowl from the slot.  Hilton  is a good player but he does have is limitations.

We can compare Dax to every DB on the team and we'll just disagree if Mike Hilton comes out as the comp. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 12:23 PM)Tony Wrote: I read at least 3 reports saying Burrow was taking Bates to Vegas like 3 weeks before they went. They were all Praising Burrow for being a leader and trying to keep Bates here.. links were posted all over. I think cincy jungle was 1 of them... I think Burrow said it in 1 of his press conferences too and I know for a fact he brought Bates up and said he deserved to get paid and wanted Bates to remain on the team, as to keep the young core together. It's really not that hard to believe Burrow is stepping up for a teammate...

I saw the same thing but Burrow just kept saying that they're "going together" because he didn't want it to sound like he was better than Bates and like Bates couldn't pay his own way.

Burrow's playing this perfectly by letting Bates know that he's valued and important to the team and that they obviously want him to stay.

I realize that the money and the business side both play a big part, but Burrow emerging as the next big star in the NFL and then showing Bates so much attention will go A LONG WAY, IMCO.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 10:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We can compare Dax to every DB on the team and we'll just disagree if Mike Hilton comes out as the comp. 

He is definitely coming out of this camp and he will be the opening starter but after this season it is up in the air depending Bates.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 08:39 PM)J24 Wrote: Compared to Hill, Anderson, Bates, and Britt. Hilton isn't that Athletic and isn't as big. I agree he is a good player but if we keep Bates then he is logical cut.

I really don't see any logic in cutting one of the best slot corners in the league, while he's in his prime. We don't even know yet if 3 of the 4 players you named can play productive snaps in the NFL. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 01:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I really don't see any logic in cutting one of the best slot corners in the league, while he's in his prime. We don't even know yet if 3 of the 4 players you named can play productive snaps in the NFL. 

Same, love Dax Hill and CTB and think they will be great in the NFL but you never know with any player coming into the league.

Mike Hilton has proven to be one of the best at his position in the entire NFL and I would argue he IS the best with all that he 
can do. Sure, he will get beat once in awhile but on the next play he will make an interception or blitz and get a sack or a Forced
Fumble. Hilton can do so many things and like you said Rfaulk is still in his prime.

Also he stays healthy so you can depend on him in this way too. Extremely smart players with instincts are hard to find.

You don't cut these types of players unless they are clearly over the hill, something I don't see happening for at least 3 more 
years with Mike Hilton.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 02:27 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I saw the same thing but Burrow just kept saying that they're "going together" because he didn't want it to sound like he was better than Bates and like Bates couldn't pay his own way.

Burrow's playing this perfectly by letting Bates know that he's valued and important to the team and that they obviously want him to stay.

I realize that the money and the business side both play a big part, but Burrow emerging as the next big star in the NFL and then showing Bates so much attention will go A LONG WAY, IMCO.

Geeze, when people get locked on to something that's it. Like I said before, it was reported Burrow, Bates and Awuzie were there courtesy of the UFC's Celebrity Outreach Program (or whatever it's title is, but it's something like that), and their trip was comped. None of them paid.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 01:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I really don't see any logic in cutting one of the best slot corners in the league, while he's in his prime. We don't even know yet if 3 of the 4 players you named can play productive snaps in the NFL. 

I'm talking more about in years to come not this season. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Personally, I think Burrow and Bates showing up at the UFC event together means about as much as the Bengals saving Larry O's #.
Reply/Quote