Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow vs. The Red Rifle
(12-07-2019, 11:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So the New York Giants strategy from last year... good plan. 2 wins would be better then 1, since that is what taking the QB got them.

How the hell can anyone look at this team and think Burrow makes a difference. 

We need 3 starting offensive linemen.

Atleast 1 starting LB.

Another WR since AJ is a free agent. 

But, let's do the Klingler thing again. And the Daniel Jones move..

Get the QB and stick him on a shit team where he gets killed so we need a new one in 2 years. Love this plan, I'm sold, draft him so we can suck for 10 years again 

These are excuses and not actually reviewing Joe Burrow as a prospect. We all know no matter who they take the Bengals still have to build a team.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:19 PM)Synric Wrote: These are excuses and not actually reviewing Joe Burrow as a prospect. We all know no matter who they take the Bengals still have to build a team.

This is not an excuse.

You have more holes then one player fills and the most coveted spot in the draft. You will get 2 1s for the first over all.

There is 3 to 4 guys who will come out next year every bit as good as Burrow, Lawrence for example.

The only smart move is trade the pick and get more picks to overhaul the team. Burrow doesn't turn this team into a winning team. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: There is 3 to 4 guys who will come out next year every bit as good as Burrow, Lawrence for example.

Yea quarterbacks set Multiple SEC records every year.  Ninja All you're bringing to the table is excuses and not actually saying anything about Joe Burrow as a draft prospect.

What makes you think he will fail as as a prospect?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So the New York Giants strategy from last year... good plan. 2 wins would be better then 1, since that is what taking the QB got them.

How the hell can anyone look at this team and think Burrow makes a difference. 

We need 3 starting offensive linemen.

Atleast 1 starting LB.

Another WR since AJ is a free agent. 

But, let's do the Klingler thing again. And the Daniel Jones move..

Get the QB and stick him on a shit team where he gets killed so we need a new one in 2 years. Love this plan, I'm sold, draft him so we can suck for 10 years again 

Daniel Jones was one of the best QB prospects in years?? Ok guy lol

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea quarterbacks set Multiple SEC records every year.  Ninja All you're bringing to the table is excuses and not actually saying anything about Joe Burrow as a draft prospect.

What makes you think he will fail as as a prospect?

Simple question.

Which is better, Lawrence or Burrow?

Cause trading down this year puts you in position to get a solid line men this year and move up and get the elite QB next year, but hey like I said go the Giants route and take Burrow and then next year when we are picking 1 again we can pass on the better QB since we went there this year. It is a great strategy to stay under 500

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This is not an excuse.

You have more holes then one player fills and the most coveted spot in the draft. You will get 2 1s for the first over all.

There is 3 to 4 guys who will come out next year every bit as good as Burrow, Lawrence for example.

The only smart move is trade the pick and get more picks to overhaul the team. Burrow doesn't turn this team into a winning team. 

Why do you think teams never trade the 1# pick?

I’ll give you a hint...the offers aren’t good enough.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Simple question.

Which is better, Lawrence or Burrow?

Cause trading down this year puts you in position to get a solid line men this year and move up and get the elite QB next year, but hey like I said go the Giants route and take Burrow and then next year when we are picking 1 again we can pass on the better QB since we went there this year. It is a great strategy to stay under 500

Lawrence isnt a 2020 prospect stop deflecting.

What about Joe Burrow doesnt have you sold that he's not a #1OA guy?

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Daniel Jones was one of the best QB prospects in years?? Ok guy lol

He was considered one of the top 3 last year... like this year it was Tua, Burrow and Herbert.

I just can't believe any of you watch this team each week and honestly think Burrow is the answer... do you not see Bobby Hart out there and the shit show at guard??

Why would we not position ourselves to take a position of need this year and let a vet drive the ship for a year as the line grows and then get the Blue chip guy next year??

You guys act like we get Burrow and suddenly we can compete with Baltimore and Pitt and KC and New England. 

Reply/Quote
I honestly can’t believe there’s anyone left not completely on the Burrow train at this point. Will it take him winning the national championship? Or will OSU homers still want Young? And ofc the people that want to feel smarter than everyone else that are obsessed with trading the pick...

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:38 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He was considered one of the top 3 last year... like this year it was Tua, Burrow and Herbert.

I just can't believe any of you watch this team each week and honestly think Burrow is the answer... do you not see Bobby Hart out there and the shit show at guard??

Why would we not position ourselves to take a position of need this year and let a vet drive the ship for a year as the line grows and then get the Blue chip guy next year??

You guys act like we get Burrow and suddenly we can compete with Baltimore and Pitt and KC and New England.

Umm...no literally no one is acting like that. You take the elite QB and build the OL, defense, etc. What’s with this weird notion that we will literally stop trying to improve the team after the 1st pick in the draft?

We might have a bunch of money to spend if Dalton and AJ aren’t back next year.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:36 PM)Synric Wrote: Lawrence isnt a 2020 prospect stop deflecting.

What about Joe Burrow doesnt have you sold that he's not a #1OA guy?

You are missing the point.

I said trade the pick.

Say it again,  trade the pick.

You have too many holes and Burrow takes us from 1 win to 2, maybe 3?? Then what, you pick 1 again and have a guy who got beat up and lost his mojo 

We would literally be the Cardinals, take Rosen then take Kyler Murray the next year?

Just trade the pick and fix the holes..

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You are missing the point.

I said trade the pick.

You have too many holes and Burrow takes us from 1 win to 2, maybe 3?? Then what, you pick 1 again and have a guy who got beat up and lost his mojo 

We would literally be the Cardinals, take Rosen then take Kyler Murray the next year?

Why are you so fixated on just next year or the immediate future? You take Burrow to be you QB for the next decade +

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You are missing the point.

I said trade the pick.

You are still deflecting. This is about evaluating prospects. What about Joe Burrow says he isn't #1OA and you can't continue to build around him?

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why are you so fixated on just next year or the immediate future? You take Burrow to be you QB for the next decade +

Because no matter who we pick this year, Burrow, Young, Jesus Christ himself, this team will still be bad next year. One draft is not going to fix it.

I don't want the QB of the future to start off on a losing team with bad coaching and a 2 win season behind a crap O-line.

Pass this year, beef up other places, you will still be in position next season to get Lawrence who I truly believe is a better prospect then Burrow.

At that time, you have more guys in place on the O-Line, hopefully Zach has improved as a coach or is gone, I'm looking long term on this deal not just quick fix, because there isn't a quick fix.

We are so screwed up as a team, why bring in a guy like Burrow and let this place ruin him? 

I honestly believe, if we take Burrow, he ends up like Tim Couch, Klingler, David Carr, etc. Great talents who went to a team that was so bad, that it ruined the rookie QB before he got to develop. 

Let some journeymen vet take the snaps next year, and let the young O-line guys you get this year learn to play in the NFL, then... then you get the rookie QB and place him behind a decent line and he has a chance to survive.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know strong arm QB are tempting, and many still think Herbert is the best QB prospect coming out next draft.  But when you think of NFL QB, Montana, Brady, Manning, they were accurate and had suspect arm strength.  Nevertheless, those 3 QB had mentality of a winner and made good decisions, good ball placement.  

Burrow is the next great QB coming to the NFL.  I don't know if the Bengals will be in position to get him but they should if he is there.  He has moxy, intangibles, and has played against the toughest competition this year.  He is having an amazing year.  

Bengals could still get an edge player in Lewis or Chaison and still get OT WR later.

Drew Brees is another one as well.    
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Because no matter who we pick this year, Burrow, Young, Jesus Christ himself, this team will still be bad next year. One draft is not going to fix it.

I don't want the QB of the future to start off on a losing team with bad coaching and a 2 win season behind a crap O-line.

Pass this year, beef up other places, you will still be in position next season to get Lawrence who I truly believe is a better prospect then Burrow.

At that time, you have more guys in place on the O-Line, hopefully Zach has improved as a coach or is gone, I'm looking long term on this deal not just quick fix, because there isn't a quick fix.

We are so screwed up as a team, why bring in a guy like Burrow and let this place ruin him? 

I honestly believe, if we take Burrow, he ends up like Tim Couch, Klingler, David Carr, etc. Great talents who went to a team that was so bad, that it ruined the rookie QB before he got to develop. 

Let some journeymen vet take the snaps next year, and let the young O-line guys you get this year learn to play in the NFL, then... then you get the rookie QB and place him behind a decent line and he has a chance to survive.

And what happens when you miss out on both Burrow AND Lawrence? Then what?

Nope, you take the elite QB when you have the chance. Period.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And what happens when you miss out on both Burrow AND Lawrence? Then what?

Nope, you take the elite QB when you have the chance. Period.

Joe Burrow... plus Zach Taylor, and Mike Brown and a Jim Turner coached O-Line...

Love it... Let's do it. I'm sold  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Sign me up as Burrow for the first pick and we'll be relevant maybe in 2025

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 12:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Joe Burrow... plus Zach Taylor, and Mike Brown and a Jim Turner coached O-Line...

QB is one of the only things this team has actually gotten right the last couple times (Palmer & Dalton not the scrubs).

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 12:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: QB is one of the only things this team has actually gotten right the last couple times (Palmer & Dalton not the scrubs).

So what happens when we take Burrow and have the #1 pick again next year?

Do you pass on the more elite QB prospect in 2021? Just saying, your logic says take the QB when you can, so do we go the Browns route?

If you trade out of 1 this year, you'll get another #1 next year so you'll have the picks to move up and get Lawrence

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 12:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Joe Burrow... plus Zach Taylor, and Mike Brown and a Jim Turner coached O-Line...

Deflecting. Now you're resorting to poor humor.

Why can't you build a team around Joe Burrow because with the #1OA that is what you are doing. You take a player and build around them.

Reply/Quote