Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow will be on The Herd
(01-07-2021, 05:08 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: I think the Zac haters need to step back and just be open to things getting better in year 3. Athletes don't speak the way Burrow did just for lip service.

I don't think the onus is on "Zac Haters" do anything at this point.  After 6-25 you can't expect anyone to go out of there way to be open or optimistic about anything.

The onus is on Zac Taylor to provide more positive results.  Period.

Show us.  Then people may resconsider their opinions.  Until then you can't blame anyone for having serious doubts.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:16 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: However I can't agree, Joe's character wouldn't ever allow him to think that selfishly.

It is not "selfish".  It is his amazing level of "confidence" that everyone raved about.  Remember when that was supposed to be his greatest attribute?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:17 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: There are already about 10 other threads going through this topic and I've still yet to see anything defined by those defending Zac that show he made any improvements this year.  The only thing I see is that with healthy players, a big FA haul and an awesome draft, the team might have enough talent that they can make plays to overcome the coaching.  And that doesn't give me any hope about Zac specifically.  

If you don't think this team made strides this year over last, considering all the injuries... then I don't know what games you were watching. That's ok, year 3 will be the big one. Some will eat crow.....could be me.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:12 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: I think a coach needs 3 years to show progress in a full rebuild

Define a "full rebuild".  Is it playoffs?  The Superbowl?  Or is just being average?

Because a lot of coaches can take a bad team and make them immediately average.  At least definitely by year 2.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I don't think the onus is on "Zac Haters" do anything at this point.  After 6-25 you can't expect anyone to go out of there way to be open or optimistic about anything.

The onus is on Zac Taylor to provide more positive results.  Period.

Show us.  Then people may resconsider their opinions.  Until then you can't blame anyone for having serious doubts.

Sorry.. it's selfish. No one playing the ultimate team game should ever think that way. So I can't agree.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:23 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: Sorry.. it's selfish. No one playing the ultimate team game should ever think that way. So I can't agree.

Huh?  Did you mean to reply to someone else?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:20 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: That's ok, year 3 will be the big one.

Put a number on it, or at least a range.  Where do you have this finishing next year?  Define the "big one".
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:21 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Define a "full rebuild".  Is it playoffs?  The Superbowl?  Or is just being average?

Because a lot of coaches can take a bad team and make them immediately average.  At least definitely by year 2.

I don't know what the definition would be, it depends on the situation of the organization. I'm a season ticket holder of a team that recently won a championship, and it took about 5 years to right the ship for the full rebuild. They won it all in year 7.

This team wins a lot more games if they weren't destroyed by injuries at positions that were already weak in depth. Some years you get some good luck in the health department, in others, you don't.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:20 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: If you don't think this team made strides this year over last, considering all the injuries... then I don't know what games you were watching.

I don't know about you, but I watched an offense that added the first overall pick from the 2020 draft, the first O-lineman selected in the 2019 draft, the second best rookie WR in the league, a new free agent starter at OG, and an $18 million WR improve from 26th in yards to 20th (in the ten games Burrow played)
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:24 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Huh?  Did you mean to reply to someone else?

Haha, I sure did... the site keeps throwing up on me. I'll purge cache, I'm sorry about that.
Reply/Quote
What an amazing interview and it just goes to show how in tune this kid is with the game of football. Burrow may never be the most physically gifted QB, but his football IQ and his intangibles are out of this world. The way he explained his learning process as a rookie was amazing and the way he broke down the Indy game... That's my quarterback...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
btw here is the interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhfi7DLXL3w&ab_channel=NoMercy-NoMercy%21

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:26 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: I'm a season ticket holder of a team that recently won a championship, and it took about 5 years to right the ship for the full rebuild. They won it all in year 7.

What team? 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:20 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: If you don't think this team made strides this year over last, considering all the injuries... then I don't know what games you were watching. That's ok, year 3 will be the big one. Some will eat crow.....could be me.

Where do you even want to start with this?  We can looks at stats from 2019 - 2020 within the team, against competition, whatever you'd like.  I'm not seeing improvement that leads me to believe Zac has this under control and is making the playoffs next year.  With 3 years to "turn it around" playoffs are the only acceptable option in my mind for next season.  In the 2 years he's been here, with all of the additions he's made to the roster and coaches, he's won as many games as a beat down, tired and uninspired looking ML did in his final season. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:32 PM)Okeana Wrote: What an amazing interview and it just goes to show how in tune this kid is with the game of football.  Burrow may never be the most physically gifted QB, but his football IQ and his intangibles are out of this world.  The way he explained his learning process as a rookie was amazing and the way he broke down the Indy game... That's my quarterback...

Well he is 100% behind ZT and they will sink or swim together  I feel.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 04:59 PM)pally Wrote:

What we're trying to do = apparently not win?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:08 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: I think the Zac haters need to step back and just be open to things getting better in year 3. Athletes don't speak the way Burrow did just for lip service.

What a player is saying versus stats and records. I’m going to allow ZT’s record tell me how good of a coach he is. Not a rookie QB’s feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:26 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: I don't know what the definition would be, it depends on the situation of the organization. I'm a season ticket holder of a team that recently won a championship, and it took about 5 years to right the ship for the full rebuild. They won it all in year 7.

This team wins a lot more games if they weren't destroyed by injuries at positions that were already weak in depth. Some years you get some good luck in the health department, in others, you don't.

So not an NFL team, then. No NFL team takes 5 years to rebuild. It shouldn't even take 3 if you're doing it right. 5 years is a lot of guy's careers/prime. 

For example, April 2014, the Bengals still had 22 players left on their roster out of the 53 (+8 on IR) who were there in 2011 and that was considered a lot, just 3 seasons later.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 06:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So not an NFL team, then. No NFL team takes 5 years to rebuild. It shouldn't even take 3 if you're doing it right. 5 years is a lot of guy's careers/prime. 

For example, April 2014, the Bengals still had 22 players left on their roster out of the 53 (+8 on IR) who were there in 2011 and that was considered a lot, just 3 seasons later.

It's hard to rebuild when your veteran star talent ages badly, costs a bunch of money, and is scheme limited.  2021 is the year that the groundwork laid should pay off.  

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 06:15 PM)Okeana Wrote: It's hard to rebuild when your veteran star talent ages badly, costs a bunch of money, and is scheme limited. 

It's almost as if you should move on from these aging stars and their ernomous contracts when trying to rebuild.  Who would have thought?

"Why would we trade that guy?" - Zac Taylor last year on AJ Green
Reply/Quote