Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow will be on The Herd
I absolutely love this kid. Everything about him spells winner and top in his craft. The Bengals better build a Fk'ing offensive line around him, for him and the team to be successful.

None of this half ass FA pickups of players that aren't a difference maker like this past season. But this is the Bengals we are talking about after all so I'm not holding my breath...
Reply/Quote
The zac "haters" as some have said here are more founded than burrows supposed love of zac. A rookie wouldn't/shouldn't ever talk bad about a coach. Would make him look like a difficult player to coach. I am glad he feels hell be ready for the season opener.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I love his smile when he said he would be ready for the start of the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:08 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: I think the Zac haters need to step back and just be open to things getting better in year 3. Athletes don't speak the way Burrow did just for lip service.

Yes they do. Constantly.

Reply/Quote
Ha, still see some of you all still falling all over yourselves trying to believe Joe Burrow doesn't say exactly what he means. Comical.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 08:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ha, still see some of you all still falling all over yourselves trying to believe Joe Burrow doesn't say exactly what he means.  Comical.

It's not really any more wild than the response from others that Burrow thinks Taylor is the greatest mind and head coach.  

But honestly, I don't care what Burrow thinks and never have.  He has tremendous talent and confidence.  What he needs is a good coach that can harness that and drive a team to victory.  Whether Burrow and Taylor are best buddies or but heads doesn't matter, as long as they win.  I guess if you're losing, you might as well do it with friends, though... 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 08:06 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: It's not really any more wild than the response from others that Burrow thinks Taylor is the greatest mind and head coach.  

It's not the response from others, it's the response from the man himself. Everything I see from Burrow tells me he is straight up and says what he means. People claim he doesn't really mean it because they don't agree with it, which is really insulting him.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 08:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not the response from others, it's the response from the man himself. Everything I see from Burrow tells me he is straight up and says what he means. People claim he doesn't really mean it because they don't agree with it, which is really insulting him.

But end of the day, that's your assumption or take based on what he's saying and how you interpret it.  The people who don't agree are saying that he wants to say the right thing.  And Fred has offered that he does think highly of Taylor, but for the wrong reasons.  And there's not a single way any of us will know what's going on in Burrow's head, so no one's opinion is better than another's.  The only thing we know for sure is that this team needs to start winning a lot more games.  
Reply/Quote
I love that he said he wants to throw a lot of deep balls!

He wants to be a playmaker and that's going to make us dangerous, especially since defenses will need to keep at least 7 players in the box to stop Mixon!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 06:19 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's almost as if you should move on from these aging stars and their ernomous contracts when trying to rebuild.  Who would have thought?

"Why would we trade that guy?" - Zac Taylor last year on AJ Green

I was banging that drum every year, but what do i know =)

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes they do. It's the only pro system Burrow knows so of course he's on board. But asking us to step back after the shit show this franchise has put the fans through since MB took over is asking for a miracle. Plus, you just can't unsee what we've seen and watching Burrow get thrown to the turf that many times and Taylor kept dropping him back with the worst OL in NFL HISTORY, that's completely unforgivable. They threw his ass to the wolves.

I'm not chastising you. Just explaining why it wont happen. 

No shit Harley.
Reply/Quote
It almost sounded as good as this.

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 08:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I love that he said he wants to throw a lot of deep balls!

Yeah, we know. We saw your Joe Burrow thread.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 09:05 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It almost sounded as good as this.

Rick-rolled for the first time in 2021
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
With Zac Taylor getting a 3rd year it's a good thing Joe Burrow is on board.

We can hope the FO attacks the offensive line because the lack of success in the run game and the pressure from from the Guards and Right Tackle killed football games.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 08:14 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: But end of the day, that's your assumption or take based on what he's saying and how you interpret it.  

How the freak else would you interprete this without without putting your own thoughts in place of his?

Quote:
Quote:"I think Zac is going to be a great coach for a long time," Burrow said. "I'm happy to be in the position that I'm in and to help build this organization, but it's going to be on Zac's back. He's the leader of what we're trying to do, and he's awesome."
Reply/Quote
Thanks for posting! I watched the interview on YouTube. Can’t get enough Joe Burrow. Can’t wait to see him play next year. Hoping the team starts coming together and we have a great offseason that leads to a lot more wins next year! Burrow should improve, which is exciting!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 08:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not the response from others, it's the response from the man himself. Everything I see from Burrow tells me he is straight up and says what he means. People claim he doesn't really mean it because they don't agree with it, which is really insulting him.

No it’s not. Even if he truly means it, I want Burrow for his skill on the field. Not evaluating coaches. He’s a QB, not a GM.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 09:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: How the freak else would you interprete this without without putting your own thoughts in place of his?

You could say the same thing about a lot of people in this world.  Politicians, salesmen, spouses.  People say the right things sometimes because it's the right thing.  Sometimes they mean it, sometimes they don't.  And there's no way to get into Burrow's head to know.  Anyone who says they know Burrow is a guy who will tell it like it is and has to be completely honest with these statements is making just as many assumptions about what's in his head as someone who says he's just saying it because it's the right thing.  

But again, it doesn't matter.  Whether or not he thinks Taylor is a great coach does not make Taylor a great coach, or this team a great team.  They need to prove it on the field with their play.  Everything else is just words.  From him, from you, from me. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:12 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: I think a coach needs 3 years to show progress in a full rebuild and I saw some things this year that gave me hope. It wasn't like the Gase trainwreck in New York.

I think a good coach shows promise right away. I can't think of too many great HCs that won 6 games in their first 2 years before going on to greatness...regardless of what the roster quality was.

That said, I can think of plenty of coaches who came into situations with a supposedly terrible roster, and they won 10+ games in year one.

Not sure why some here think that a rebuild should take 3+ years. This isn't baseball. You draft a stud QB, splurge some in FA, and you'd be surprised how fast a GOOD coach can turn it around. We checked 2 of those 3 boxes last year.

A good coach shouldn't need a perfect roster to compete. We had enough good to solid players last year to win some, including the most important position (obviously QB).

We went what? 2-7-1 with Joe Burrow? Not good, man. Not good.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote