Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow will be on The Herd
Bengals fans deserve Joe Burrow. Management does not deserve Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 09:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No it’s not. Even if he truly means it, I want Burrow for his skill on the field. Not evaluating coaches. He’s a QB, not a GM.

It's not evaluating  coaches , it is working for and with them. Actions and words do matter, and it seems these two have a good working relationship and that is a good thing both need each other to be successful next year  and I hope it works and the Bengals reap the benefit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 08:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote:  People claim he doesn't really mean it because they don't agree with it, which is really insulting him.

Some would argue that it is more insulting to suggest that Burrow is dumb enough to really mean what he says.

Fact is none of know what he really thinks.  You have no more proof that you are right than anyone else.  You just believe what you want to.  
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 01:10 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It's not evaluating  coaches , it is working for and with them. Actions and words do matter, and it seems these two have a good working relationship and that is a good thing both need each other to be successful next year  and I hope it works and the Bengals reap the benefit.

I think they think alike and that’s why they will work. Everyone wants to looks at last 2yrs record but we could have been much better with him playing a full season. Everything happens for a reason ours was to get a better pick in the draft. Once we beef up Oline this team will be a 8-11 win team. When your able to control the line and run the ball it becomes a much different game. He had a lot of success in LSU because of a successful run game. Just fix the line!!!! Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 01:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Some would argue that it is more insulting to suggest that Burrow is dumb enough to really mean what he says.

Fact is none of know what he really thinks.  You have no more proof that you are right than anyone else.  You just believe what you want to.  

He sounds like he does believe. No reason to go on a show and say otherwise. It wasn’t like he was on the show selling some brand he wanted to get out to make some money. It was all football and team talk along with his rehab talk. Dude is from Ohio and has a chance to become a legend so I think he is happy and motivated to show the people what this team can do.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 01:10 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It's not evaluating  coaches , it is working for and with them. Actions and words do matter, and it seems these two have a good working relationship and that is a good thing both need each other to be successful next year  and I hope it works and the Bengals reap the benefit.

Literally no one should care whether or not Burrow personally likes Taylor or not. Did Belichick and Brady get along? Results are all that matters. And I guarantee Burrow would rather have a HC that wins games.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 01:32 AM)Blacknights36 Wrote: I think they think alike and that’s why they will work. Everyone wants to looks at last 2yrs record but we could have been much better with him playing a full season. Everything happens for a reason ours was to get a better pick in the draft. Once we beef up Oline this team will be a 8-11 win team. When your able to control the line and run the ball it becomes a much different game. He had a lot of success in LSU because of a successful run game. Just fix the line!!!! Who Dey

Well said.  I agree!  Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 01:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally no one should care whether or not Burrow personally likes Taylor or not. Did Belichick and Brady get along? Results are all that matters. And I guarantee Burrow would rather have a HC that wins games.

This seems rather silly.  I think people can and should care whether or not the QB likes the coach.  I think Brady and Belichick did like eachother, perhaps they weren't BFF's, but with the amount of success they had together, I can tell ya they didn't hate eachother.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:13 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: This seems rather silly.  I think people can and should care whether or not the QB likes the coach.  I think Brady and Belichick did like eachother, perhaps they weren't BFF's, but with the amount of success they had together, I can tell ya they didn't hate eachother.

They absolutely did. Especially towards the end when Bill started banning Brady’s health guru guy from the facilities.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They absolutely did. Especially towards the end when Bill started banning Brady’s health guru guy from the facilities.

So it probably went stale, which then ended in the two of them splitting.  

So we shouldn't care if they don't like eachother you say?  Oh right, you want Zac gone, so this would work for you if they didn't like eachother.  I'm onto you!  ha.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:18 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: So it probably went stale, which then ended in the two of them splitting.  

So we shouldn't care if they don't like eachother you say?  Oh right, you want Zac gone, so this would work for you if they didn't like eachother.  I'm onto you!  ha.  Sarcasm

It went “stale” yet they were able to win 2 more Super Bowls (and play in a 3rd) after the rift I just mentioned occurred. Those two “liking” each other obviously wasn’t too important to their success...

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:13 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: This seems rather silly.  I think people can and should care whether or not the QB likes the coach.  I think Brady and Belichick did like eachother, perhaps they weren't BFF's, but with the amount of success they had together, I can tell ya they didn't hate eachother.

"Like" and "respect" are two different things.  In NE, I think they both respected the hell out of each other, but didn't like each other.  Honestly, that's a relationship where tension is a positive.  Sometimes we look at relationships and think that a peaceful ocean is the best situation.  But guess how much the boat moves when it's a peaceful ocean?  There is a such thing as healthy conflict.  
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:50 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: "Like" and "respect" are two different things.  In NE, I think they both respected the hell out of each other, but didn't like each other.  Honestly, that's a relationship where tension is a positive.  Sometimes we look at relationships and think that a peaceful ocean is the best situation.  But guess how much the boat moves when it's a peaceful ocean?  There is a such thing as healthy conflict.  

Fair enough, I’ll give you and Nimco the fact that it’s not critical.  But I’m not going to take that one example and make that the rule and now hope that my QB and HC don’t like each other.  I can see, MHG, where in the situation you outlined as far as the boat not moving in peaceful ocean not necessarily being good either.  But I still think Burrow liking ZT is important.  Players do need to buy into a coach to a certain extent.  If they like the coach, they likely buy into them as well and thus play hard for them.  We’ve even seen our players, even if they’re PS players called up for a week, playing hard for ZT and team.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:13 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Fair enough, I’ll give you and Nimco the fact that it’s not critical.  But I’m not going to take that one example and make that the rule and now hope that my QB and HC don’t like each other.  I can see, MHG, where in the situation you outlined as far as the boat not moving in peaceful ocean not necessarily being good either.  But I still think Burrow liking ZT is important.  Players do need to buy into a coach to a certain extent.  If they like the coach, they likely buy into them as well and thus play hard for them.  We’ve even seen our players, even if they’re PS players called up for a week, playing hard for ZT and team.

I don’t see how they “played hard” in that last game. The tackling was absolutely atrocious, and they gave up a historically bad 400 yds rushing. And that was without Lamar even playing the 4th quarter. Literally any other team that type of performance is usually enough to get a coach fired.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t see how they “played hard” in that last game. The tackling was absolutely atrocious, and they gave up a historically bad 400 yds rushing. And that was without Lamar even playing the 4th quarter. Literally any other team that type of performance is usually enough to get a coach fired. At least one who should of been on the hot seat anyway.

They were completely annihilated in the last game, it was as bad as it could be, really.  As bad as the defense looks via that 400 yds rushing stat, I think our defense was better than our offense in that game, and that’s unbelievable to anyone that didn’t watch it.  

But they didn’t quit in that game either, which I can’t tell if that’s what you’re trying to insinuate.  They were completely outclassed from a player standpoint beyond belief.  It was no surprise it happened, knowing how many of our players were out.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:25 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: They were completely annihilated in the last game, it was as bad as it could be, really.  As bad as the defense looks via that 400 yds rushing stat, I think our defense was better than our offense in that game, and that’s unbelievable to anyone that didn’t watch it.  

But they didn’t quit in that game either, which I can’t tell if that’s what you’re trying to insinuate.  They were completely outclassed from a player standpoint beyond belief.  It was no surprise it happened, knowing how many of our players were out.

As in what? Literally walking off the field and forfeiting? You’re right, they didn’t do that. However the effort was truly abysmal, and no amount of injuries can excuse it.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 04:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Couple takeaways -

Burrow pimped ZT HARD! I actually am starting to believe him when he says he likes him.

Thought Cowherd interviewed him great. Done gate on Cowherd but he's my favorite sports personality at the moment.

Not news to me, was saying this in one of my posts, but people here think he had to say it or had a gun to his head to say he likes zac. But ill let them continue with their theories.  I know the real truth
Reply/Quote
How many times is Colin going to say "your dad's a coach " lol
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 01:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Some would argue that it is more insulting to suggest that Burrow is dumb enough to really mean what he says.

I think you're dumb enough to believe what you just wrote.

Some people believeieve the Earth is flat. That doesn't make them factually correct.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 01:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally no one should care whether or not Burrow personally likes Taylor or not. Did Belichick and Brady get along? Results are all that matters. And I guarantee Burrow would rather have a HC that wins games.

again relationships do matter in a work environment...and I'm sure both want a coach that wins and a player that wins games, let's hope that happens in their 2nd year together 
Reply/Quote