Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow would be fine with a decent offensive line
The kid isn't a magician, but has the makings to be a damn good QB IF MB and co can get off their rears and get him some protection. Him getting knocked down 10 times a game is going to prove a very costly mistake for Brown. A much more costly mistake than going out and signing some adequate O linemen from the waiver wire.
Reply/Quote
There no magic FA to help us
., we signed one FA now on IR, Peter's from Phil looked bad yesterday and got hurt thank god we did not waste . $$. We will have build in the draft maybe sign one FA to a 3 ye contract .. this is going take time, Burrow looks decent so far but other teams go through the same problems when you pick early means you have holes. If we are that worried let him sit out a few games see if line can improve first
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow is fine.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Gotta let AJ and Ross go at the end of the year to free up that $$$$$$. Spend in on free agent Offensive lineman and draft O line,en in rounds 1 and 2.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:46 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Gotta let AJ and Ross go at the end of the year to free up that $$$$$$.  Spend in on free agent Offensive lineman and draft O line,en in rounds 1 and 2.

Maybe one FA on a 4 yr contract, it will take at least till 2023 season to transform the line., 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Maybe one FA on a 4 yr contract, it will take at least till 2023 season to transform the line., 

Our line has been "No duh, you gotta fix this thing" bad since 2017 though, hasn't it?  Six years to fix an o-line?  Ouch, but I guess better late than never.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:08 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: The kid isn't a magician, but has the makings to be a damn good QB IF MB and co can get off their rears and get him some protection.  Him getting knocked down 10 times a game is going to prove a very costly mistake for Brown.  A much more costly mistake than going out and signing some adequate O linemen from the waiver wire.
Isn't a magician?  What games are you watching? 

Seriously though, he's been fine with a terrible line.  With a decent line, he will be very good.  With a good line, he will be amazing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Maybe one FA on a 4 yr contract, it will take at least till 2023 season to transform the line., 

A line can be drastically changed in one off season.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Our line has been "No duh, you gotta fix this thing" bad since 2017 though, hasn't it?  Six years to fix an o-line?  Ouch, but I guess better late than never.
I disagree the have tried to fix the line, the moves have not worked out.  We has used 3 1st round picks, a 2nd round I believe 2 4th round picks since 2015, signed 4 FA lineman .
 coming into draft we knew it was a thin draft for tackles after 1st round  we made a choice in 2nd round Higgins maybe we should have passed on him..do you agree
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:23 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree the have tried to fix the line, the moves have not worked out.  We has used 3 1st round picks, a 2nd round I believe 2 4th round picks since 2015, signed 4 FA lineman .
 coming into draft we knew it was a thin draft for tackles after 1st round  we made a choice in 2nd round Higgins maybe we should have passed on him..do you agree

Meh, I don't mind drafting Higgins seeing as so many of our o-line picks have been flat-out busts. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I don't mind drafting Higgins seeing as so many of our o-line picks have been flat-out busts. 

There's the Catch-22.  We really need to draft OLine but we sukk at it.

Reply/Quote
The quickest way to give this O-line a pulse is to fire that bum, Jim Turner. He's dragging this entire team down with his shit coaching.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:46 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Gotta let AJ and Ross go at the end of the year to free up that $$$$$$. Spend in on free agent Offensive lineman and draft O line,en in rounds 1 and 2.

Ross I think they let walk no doubt, but what they do with AJ will be interesting. We can’t possibly pay him #1 money when Boyd is clearly our best receiver at this point. If AJ is willing to give us a HUGE hometown discount to stay then maybe re-signing him would be worth it. Have to see how he looks the rest of the season. It’s been ugly so far.

(09-28-2020, 11:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Our line has been "No duh, you gotta fix this thing" bad since 2017 though, hasn't it?  Six years to fix an o-line?  Ouch, but I guess better late than never.

It’s actually been since 2016. The Ogbuehi/Fisher draft was 2015.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:55 PM)McC Wrote: A line can be drastically changed in one off season.

This

It doesnt take years to fix anything in the NFL anymore...
Reply/Quote
Not keeping whitworth really cost this team bad..
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 02:40 AM)Tony Wrote: Not keeping whitworth really cost this team bad..

Easily one this franchise’s biggest mistakes.

Reply/Quote
We have a lot of money coming off the books next year ( AJ, Ross, Erickson, WJ111, Williams, Alexander, Huber, ) We should be able to re-sign some of our guys and possible let some go (Price, Hart) guys I really want back:

1) Huber- solid punter
2) Harris-Solid long snapper
3) Bynes- good rotational LB
4) Lawson- probably gonna be wanting big money
5) Wilson- awesome KR
6) Daniels- good roational DT
7) Covington- same as Daniels
8) Alexander- solid slot receiver
9) WJ111- but I wont overpay!! ala Kirkpatrick!!
10) Williams- as a backup safety

-I let everyone else walk and try to sign Hubbard to a long term deal. and use the money to upgrade the right offensive line. We will be drafting top 10 next year so we can upgrade both lines and WR again the first 3 rounds!!

1) RT/LT-
2) DE
3) LG/RG
4) WR
Reply/Quote
We can line up a Robo-Munoz out there and still have 4 other bums and suck. You can sometimes get away with one sub-par lineman, but considering this line, we need at least 4 new, good ones. That is hard fill, plus the coaching is dumpster juice. Especially in this division, you better have dogs in the trenches. We have turtle doves.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 08:22 AM)Destro Wrote: We can line up a Robo-Munoz out there and still have 4 other bums and suck. You can sometimes get away with one sub-par lineman, but considering this line, we need at least 4 new, good ones. That is hard fill, plus the coaching is dumpster juice. Especially in this division, you better have dogs in the trenches. We have turtle doves.

4? I’d say we’re set at C and LT (hopefully). So more like 2-3. Unless you’re talking depth.

Reply/Quote
You can easily fix an OL in one offseason, you just have to be willing to spend on FA/Trades for quality players (AKA: Not XSF-caliber players).

Just this last FA...
-Browns signed OT Jack Conklin (graded 76.0)
-Bills signed OT Daryl Williams (graded 79.8)
-Rams signed OT Andrew Whitworth (graded 89.2 and apparently found the fountain of youth)
..and it wasn't even a good FA class for OL after the franchise tagging.

Next year's FA class...
OT Ronnie Stanley (currently graded 85.0)
OT David Bakhtiari (currently graded 90.0)
OG Joe Thuney (currently graded 81.5 on the league's #1 rushing team)
OG Brandon Scherff (currently graded 68.6, was 75.2 last year)
OT Trent Williams (currently graded 80.4)
OT Taylor Moton (currently graded 72.7)
C Corey Linsley (currently graded 88.1 on the league's #2 rushing team)
C Alex Mack (currently graded 67.1, and about 6 years after they SHOULD have got him in the past)

Also both of the Steelers OTs who are currently in the 65-68 range, but bringing in Steelers just feels wrong.

Either way, point is.... they can easily fix the OL in just one offseason. Sign at least 1 of the better players on that list (2 if you're feeling bold), draft an OL in the first round of the 2021 draft, and hire Eric Bieniemy to be HC and let him bring in his guys to run the offense like they should have originally instead of Zac Taylor. Done. OL Fixed.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote