Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But... What if we beat KC next week?
(12-27-2021, 08:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I absolutely believe they can beat KC.  I know this rat team was a JV squad, but the Bengals are relatively healthy and hopefully get Reader back rested after a COVID few days off.

They will probably know that if they beat KC, they can take the following week off against the Browns and have what is essentially a bye week for the starters.  That would be amazing.  

If the Bengals win and the Titans lose, they have a shot at the 2nd seed which would give them 2 home playoff games.  Can't take off the Browns

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I'm all in...I've snorted the Burrow snow.

I've been on the fence for awhile, but man this group of dudes have something special and I think it starts with Burrow being a winner and a true leader followed by a bunch of young winners.  I really believe in them.  No matter what happens this season I think they are going to be a force next year if not the end of this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: KC is on an 8-game win streak right now, and their only losses have come against other playoff-contending teams (BAL, LAC, BUF, TEN).
It's not probable that the Bengals win, but we've seen the Bengals beat some teams this year that we didn't think was going to happen, so it's still possible.
They have the offense to get back into games.
The defense will likely have to get some turnovers though to give the Bengals a shot.

If the Bengals can beat KC, it will change my opinion that the Bengals are playoff-cusp team to a true contender.

It's not going to be easy that's for sure. The D has it's work cut out for them and they need to play a full 60 minutes. With Mahomes, the plays never over until the whistle. Then you got Kelce and a decent receiving corp. We are going to have to be dialed in on offense too because it's going be like a boxing match and we have to be ready to exchange blow for blow.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well cause the cheifs arent missing most their starters in the secondary lol...

and have won 8 in a row...

But to the OP if we beat KC then we can rest starters vs the browns  or play for a higher seed

If Burrow plays at the level he's capable we blow out most teams and win by a bit versus the good ones.  It are a fact. 

Reply/Quote
Right now I’m enjoying the year and I would be happy for the playoffs but could see us losing the playoffs in the first round.

If we beat Kansas City straight up I’m actually going to believe we can win a SB. If we hang close and tough, and beat Cleveland, I’m thinking we can make noise in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:24 PM)thillan Wrote: Right now I’m enjoying the year and I would be happy for the playoffs but could see us losing the playoffs in the first round.

If we beat Kansas City straight up I’m actually going to believe we can win a SB. If we hang close and tough, and beat Cleveland, I’m thinking we can make noise in the playoffs.

If Cleveland loses to Pittsburgh this coming weekend, they are eliminated from winning the division and also very likely won't make the playoffs.
That could very well result in them not trying as hard to beat the Bengals, as they probably would prefer the Bengals win the division over the Steelers and Ravens anyway.
As such, I wouldn't put a ton of stock in Bengals beating the Browns if the Browns lose against Pitt. It may be a "false positive."
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This team seems to run really hot or really cold. We know the offense can put up some numbers, but at the end of the day, I think we also all know it's going to come down to the defense setting the tone. As the Harley said, 60 minutes and till the whistle. Mahomes has an uncanny ability to make something happen right at the final moment of a play. I'll be worried if the game turns into a shootout (though it would be entertaining!).
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Cleveland loses to Pittsburgh this coming weekend, they are eliminated from winning the division and also very likely won't make the playoffs.
That could very well result in them not trying as hard to beat the Bengals, as they probably would prefer the Bengals win the division over the Steelers and Ravens anyway.
As such, I wouldn't put a ton of stock in Bengals beating the Browns if the Browns lose against Pitt. It may be a "false positive."

Yes, that would be the main reason we wouldn't play our starters against the Browns, if they lose to Pitt and we beat the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Cleveland loses to Pittsburgh this coming weekend, they are eliminated from winning the division and also very likely won't make the playoffs.

Were that to occur, I think they would be salty and would want to beat the team right in front of them and ruin our day.  It's only slightly less tough of a game if they are out of playoff contention, but that will still be pretty damn tough game.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:07 PM)pally Wrote: If the Bengals win and the Titans lose, they have a shot at the 2nd seed which would give them 2 home playoff games.  Can't take off the Browns

^This.

The unlikely scenario i'd like to see is, get the #2 seed. Tenn #3 and Buff #4. Host a Miami or Chargers team in rd1. Host Tenn or WC winner in rd2. Have Buffalo go into KC and upset them. Host Buffalo for AFCCG. 

Talk about dreaming...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The most points the Bengals have allowed and still won this year has been 24 points (OT win vs MIN).
Every other game besides the MIN OT win, the Bengals only allowed 21 points or fewer in a win.

I don't have high confidence the Bengals will win a shootout.
The defense needs to keep the Chiefs to 21 pts or less.
Won't be easy though, as the Chiefs have only had 21 or less 5 games all season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 03:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Talk about dreaming...

[Image: R.7312fff26f5d0e2af8f3965374ed4868?rik=R...ImgRaw&r=0]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 03:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: R.7312fff26f5d0e2af8f3965374ed4868?rik=R...ImgRaw&r=0]

Nice lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:07 PM)pally Wrote: If the Bengals win and the Titans lose, they have a shot at the 2nd seed which would give them 2 home playoff games.  Can't take off the Browns

[Image: 31wp0l.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

[Image: tenor.gif]

Reply/Quote
If they beat KC then hooray! We're AFC North Champs! It's that simple.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: If they beat KC then hooray! We're AFC North Champs! It's that simple.

Well, they are gonna want that pretty bed. Let’s see how cool Joe really is. Hopefully this team will be so fired up they show us a level of badass we haven’t even dreamed possible.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I know there are a few that think we probably can't hang with them, but, what if we do? What if we win? I think Lou can get the D ready for this game.

We have had a lot of "Biggest Game of Such and Such's Career" this year.  This is the one that trumps them all. 

I think it will likely be a shootout, and it will be a tough matchup as the Chiefs are playing some of their best ball.  They are something like 26-0 in the month of December with Mahommes.  

But....it isn't December this Sunday.  

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:42 PM)Whacked Wrote: @ Nately

Stoked about the win but ….

The Rat Turds D is depleted.

The Chiefs are on fire.

&

MaHomes, Hill and Kelce > Josh AND the talent of the entire Rat Turd O .. combined

All true, but the Bengals also knew that about Baltimore.  They had already throttled them this year when they were healthy.  Classic potential let down game.  Thankfully, Wink opened his fat mouth and gave Burrow a little fuel.

I am currently making as many fake twitter and social media accounts for Chiefs players and coaches and insulting the hell out of Burrow.  

Ok, not really, but I thought about it.... Hilarious

Seriously, though, Burrow won't need more fuel than maybe the Pro Bowl snub to want to go head-to-head against the Chiefs.  I think this game is going to be amazing and I think they can pull it off.  They have more on the line than the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 11:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: This game will test us defensively for sure as it’s not a great matchup. If Wilson is back that would help a bit but the bigger issue is schematically the most success teams have found is playing two high and we play a lot of single high. Now that said everyone has played two high since they struggled early with it and have seemed to have an answer now so maybe going single high will mix it up but the issue is you get Hill one on one and that’s always a mismatch. One thing you can’t do is send extra blitzers and we tend to use just four anyways so that does favor us a bit.

The performance of the front four will determine a lot of the success of the defense, no doubt.  Mahommes has shown the ability to not always force it down field and take the short stuff (Bengal's achilles heal) but being such a big game and against Burrow...

I have no doubts the team will come to play.  No way to the get mauled and no way do they shoot themselves in the foot (really, that's the only time they get mauled).

Just praying for Reader to return and we have a no-COVID list, at least among starters, as Brandon Allen is already on it.  
Reply/Quote