Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But... What if we beat KC next week?
(12-26-2021, 09:14 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Could really use Logan Wilson back 

That would be clutch.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:37 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: The way to beat KC is to get constant pressure on Mahomes and try to force some mistakes.
They are going to score but don’t let them go crazy. Offense will need to put up at least 30 to win. I would have to pick the Chiefs if I was putting $ on it but the Bengals are talented enough to beat them if they don’t turn the ball over and pressure the QB.

They'd better step up from the performance against Josh Johnson.

Hope Reader comes back!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I know there are a few that think we probably can't hang with them, but, what if we do? What if we win? I think Lou can get the D ready for this game.

We can more than hang with them. It is just a matter which team shows up. I think we are in an upswing same as them.

Could be a classic. Hope we pull it out. Should be high scoring, we just need to keep Mahomes in the pocket.

Don't let him evade our pressure outside and throw on the run which he is the best at of anyone.

We just need to do what we do on Offense which just awoke under Burrow. We can run on KC and keep Mahomes on the sideline.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Somebody send Mahommes a covid infected hooker....

Working on it.  Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I know there are a few that think we probably can't hang with them, but, what if we do? What if we win? I think Lou can get the D ready for this game.

When was the last time we won 3 in a row?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Beating the Chiefs would be nice, real nice.  However, we would also likely have to face them again at Arrowhead in the playoffs.  I can remember at least two instances in the modern era where the Bengals beat a team late in the regular season, and then proceeded to fall flat on their faces against them in the playoffs.  I'm thinking of both the Jets and the Chargers.  Am I missing anyone?

Texans as well I believe with Watt's snide comment about the little red BB gun, etc..(Not that he was wrong at the time, but still snide..) 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I mentioned it last week after we won and the Vikings lost..The NFL should have flexed this game to Sunday Night. Now they get 12-3 GB beating up on the 7-8 Vikings; instead of a 1-3 matchup in the AFC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Beating the Chiefs would be nice, real nice.  However, we would also likely have to face them again at Arrowhead in the playoffs.  I can remember at least two instances in the modern era where the Bengals beat a team late in the regular season, and then proceeded to fall flat on their faces against them in the playoffs.  I'm thinking of both the Jets and the Chargers.  Am I missing anyone?

I feel ya...but I'd throw out any Marv teams as evidence.

No matter who we faced, we were losing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Really enjoying this big win against the Ravens today,but the next two games are obviously going to be very tough,to say the least.Of course the Bengals have a chance to beat the Chiefs,but I’m really concerned about which defense will show up for the Bengals.Hopefully they will have a good game plan.

Any defense that goes up against the Chiefs at this point better be ready because they are on fire right now,and they will most likely have Kelce back as well.

I think the thing that really gives the Bengals the best chance to make the playoffs going forward, is the fact that Joe Burrow is healthier and in better shape than he’s been all season.He said last week that he is finally 100% and feels like his old self,and you can see it in his play.
Reply/Quote
still a very inconsistent team, mixon had a meh game, not needed since burrow covered him. playoffs around the corner, we need to stay on a win streak from the start.
Reply/Quote
This game will test us defensively for sure as it’s not a great matchup. If Wilson is back that would help a bit but the bigger issue is schematically the most success teams have found is playing two high and we play a lot of single high. Now that said everyone has played two high since they struggled early with it and have seemed to have an answer now so maybe going single high will mix it up but the issue is you get Hill one on one and that’s always a mismatch. One thing you can’t do is send extra blitzers and we tend to use just four anyways so that does favor us a bit.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Working on it.  Ninja

Send one to the Alabama locker room before Friday please as well.

The KC game is going to be interesting. Might be the start of the Mahomes v. Burrow thing that dominates the AFC for a decade like the Brady v Manning thing.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:55 PM)grampahol Wrote: Texans as well I believe with Watt's snide comment about the little red BB gun, etc..(Not that he was wrong at the time, but still snide..) 

Screw all the Watt boys.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 11:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I mentioned it last week after we won and the Vikings lost..The NFL should have flexed this game to Sunday Night. Now they get 12-3 GB beating up on  the 7-8 Vikings; instead of a 1-3 matchup in the AFC

I'll be there and an 8PM game would have been a pain in the ass.  I know the European members here don't like them at all.  Having said that...

On the other hand, it would allow every Bengals fan in this country to see the game instead of being force-fed another Baltimore crap game (I see you, Louisville).  And, it would also acknowledge our emergence as a force in the league and that we're hands down the best game of week 17.  

“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
We need to bring our AAA game.

While Andrews is a beast … Kelce is a Leviathan in comparison.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:50 PM)Interceptor Wrote: When was the last time we won 3 in a row?

Early 2018?

Edit... Nope. 2015... It's been quite awhile.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Best figure out a way to cover Kelce. He is probabaly salivating watching the games Kittle and Andrews had against us.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 11:32 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'll be there and an 8PM game would have been a pain in the ass.  I know the European members here don't like them at all.  Having said that...

On the other hand, it would allow every Bengals fan in this country to see the game instead of being force-fed another Baltimore crap game (I see you, Louisville).  And, it would also acknowledge our emergence as a force in the league and that we're hands down the best game of week 17.  
Luckily Balt will be on Fox next week while Cincy in on CBS. WTS, Cicny will be going against Indy/Vegas; I'm sure these idiots will go with that one because the Raiders 3rd string long Snapper was once a 4th string LB that played at U of L

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Chiefs have scared me for years. I’ll post the same video I posted when we played them last time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uWDkSQc_U9A

Up against a machine too strong.....
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:34 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Chiefs have scared me for years. I’ll post the same video I posted when we played them last time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uWDkSQc_U9A

Up against a machine too strong.....

Not buying what your trying to sell. 

Reply/Quote