Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But... What if we beat KC next week?
If the Bengals beat the Chiefs while already going toe to toe with Green Bay earlier this season.

Then one would have to think they're legitimate enough to make some playoff noise.

not an easy task though
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:34 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Chiefs have scared me for years. I’ll post the same video I posted when we played them last time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uWDkSQc_U9A

Up against a machine too strong.....

vs Browns: 33-29 W
@ Ravens: 35-36 L
vs Steelers: 36-10 W
@ Bengals: ?

We're the class of this division, and they haven't exactly dominated anyone other than the Steelers (in KC). They lost the only road game in our division. This isn't an impossible game. Far from it. It's a coin flip, IMO.

To he fair, I'd throw away this game vs the Ravens. Our pass game was (relatively speaking) struggling prior to this week, and we faced a VERY depleted secondary. So I expect some regression back to the recent norm vs KC.

That said, we've proven we can score even when the passing game isn't firing on all cylinders. Plus our defense has been stout. Plus we're at home.

I expect a tight game. Maybe a 27-31 loss...but nothing would surprise me. This Ravens game was just the confidence boost our guys needed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals are going to win a Super Bowl in our lifetime they will have to beat teams like the Chiefs in the playoffs. We need to let go of our inferiority complex.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 01:11 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If the Bengals are going to win a Super Bowl in our lifetime they will have to beat teams like the Chiefs in the playoffs. We need to let go of our inferiority complex.

Well yeah... We don't have another "easy game" on our schedule til at least late summer of 2022. It's big boy must win football for the duration of this season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Mixon needs to run better that’s for sure. He couldn’t break one tackle vs the Ravens. Going one on one vs a Ravens DB he was going down on first contact. That can’t happen. He had a great stiffarm at the beginning of the year but last 5 weeks he’s just been pretty weak honestly with the ball in his hands. For a RB his size that can’t happen.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I know there are a few that think we probably can't hang with them, but, what if we do? What if we win? I think Lou can get the D ready for this game.

I absolutely believe they can beat KC.  I know this rat team was a JV squad, but the Bengals are relatively healthy and hopefully get Reader back rested after a COVID few days off.

They will probably know that if they beat KC, they can take the following week off against the Browns and have what is essentially a bye week for the starters.  That would be amazing.  
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Beating the Chiefs would be nice, real nice.  However, we would also likely have to face them again at Arrowhead in the playoffs.  I can remember at least two instances in the modern era where the Bengals beat a team late in the regular season, and then proceeded to fall flat on their faces against them in the playoffs.  I'm thinking of both the Jets and the Chargers.  Am I missing anyone?

The Jets beat us in the regular season that year too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 11:17 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: still a very inconsistent team, mixon had a meh game, not needed since burrow covered him. playoffs around the corner, we need to stay on a win streak from the start.

You keep saying this, but Mixon had 135 combined yards and two TDs. If that's meh, I'd love to see good.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:05 AM)Wyche Wrote: You keep saying this, but Mixon had 135 combined yards and two TDs. If that's meh, I'd love to see good.

To be fair Burrow had a kind of meh couple games against the Ravens. He didn't even throw for 1000 yards against them this year.. Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Yes we can beat them, but 1st we need to get through the week Covid free as much as we can. Also KC might be rebuilding from Covid and be at a much greater strength than past week. The game im going to really watch for our playoff chances (if we are unable to beat Chiefs) is the Steelers and Browns game. I said it a couple weeks ago, I still don;t want to go up to Cleveland with a play in game into playoffs on the line possible. I prefer to see Steelers put the Browns out of playoff chances and that will put a great silence on the Dog Pound and we might see alot of empty seats in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
The Ravens beat them and we dominated the Ravens twice
... It's possible.
Reply/Quote
Quadruple team Kelce, play like we did yesterday and we have a shot.

Kelce is Andrews on Steroids and Growth Hormone
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I know there are a few that think we probably can't hang with them, but, what if we do? What if we win? I think Lou can get the D ready for this game.

Then I will have been wrong about Zac Taylor!

I do believe the talent exist for this team to win and hang with anyone in the league. My doubts have been completely with the coaching staff, and, well the OL - can't forget about them.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:09 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Then I will have been wrong about Zac Taylor!

I do believe the talent exist for this team to win and hang with anyone in the league. My doubts have been completely with the coaching staff, and, well the OL - can't forget about them.

I’m not forgetting our shortcomings. It seems we are putting things together at the right time of the season.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 06:48 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Mixon needs to run better that’s for sure. He couldn’t break one tackle vs the Ravens. Going one on one vs a Ravens DB he was going down on first contact. That can’t happen. He had a great stiffarm at the beginning of the year but last 5 weeks he’s just been pretty weak honestly with the ball in his hands. For a RB his size that can’t happen.

Agreed…and disappointed that first contact alway seems to bring Joe down.  I would think be would better in that area
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 06:48 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Mixon needs to run better that’s for sure. He couldn’t break one tackle vs the Ravens. Going one on one vs a Ravens DB he was going down on first contact. That can’t happen. He had a great stiffarm at the beginning of the year but last 5 weeks he’s just been pretty weak honestly with the ball in his hands. For a RB his size that can’t happen.

Say what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:09 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Then I will have been wrong about Zac Taylor!

Judging the coaches on the rosters of 2019 and 2020 is unfair. Are you gonna claim Sean Payton can’t coach with his poor record this year? No he doesn’t have Drew Brees. Are you going to claim Belicheck was a lousy coach in 2020? No he didn’t have a QB. The Bengals had the worst team in the league for the 3 year span 2018-2020. You don’t flip the switch. The improvement wasn’t just about a roster upgrade but a leadership and character upgrade. That was all Zac Taylor’s master plan. Not anybody else and if you listen to Uzomah and Mixon it’s the biggest reason they are where they are and way ahead of schedule. I’m a new Bengal fan but you guys have been so lousy for so long you are a bunch of curmudgeons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:05 AM)Wyche Wrote: You keep saying this, but Mixon had 135 combined yards and two TDs. If that's meh, I'd love to see good.

Yeah. Mixon had a "meh" game running the ball but he had a wonderful game receiving. I'll take that every time. I would really, really like to see his receiving talents utilized a little more. Our running game has been lackluster all year so if we turn a few of those rush attempts to targets for Mixon I think we could get better production out of him. 
Reply/Quote

KC is on an 8-game win streak right now, and their only losses have come against other playoff-contending teams (BAL, LAC, BUF, TEN).
It's not probable that the Bengals win, but we've seen the Bengals beat some teams this year that we didn't think was going to happen, so it's still possible.
They have the offense to get back into games.
The defense will likely have to get some turnovers though to give the Bengals a shot.

If the Bengals can beat KC, it will change my opinion that the Bengals are playoff-cusp team to a true contender.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't understand how anyone watching Burrow today could have a hard time picturing us beating anyone, much less the Chiefs at home.

Well cause the cheifs arent missing most their starters in the secondary lol...

and have won 8 in a row...

But to the OP if we beat KC then we can rest starters vs the browns or play for a higher seed
Reply/Quote