Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bye Bye Jonah...
(01-23-2023, 02:05 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Buffalo's D is not nearly as good as Baltimore's. Run D, pass D, or pass rush. They were missing their best pass rusher, another DL starter, and both starting safeties. A their division is shite offensively. The Jets and Pats stink on O, as does Miami without Tua. Buffalo's defensive stats flatter the D. 

All true. Doesn't take away Jonah has sucked this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Wow, bailing on Jonah and giving Carman the job after a one start sample size. Bold strategy, cotton.

I think a lot of the OL success today had to do with a mediocre Bills DL and the snow. They played well, but let's pump the brakes.

I don't see KC's front seven as being any better than Buffalo's; probably not even as good. And the Bengals have already played the most physical defense (Ravens) they'll see from here on out. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not ready to crown Carman as the new starting LT. I'm willing to let him battle Jonah in training camp for the starting spot, barring him melting down in the rest of the playoffs. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Jonah’s biggest weakness has been his strength in my opinion. He has no chance against elite rushers.

Carman definitely looks stronger. Time will tell if he’s better overall. It takes brains too.

I hope to see Carman win the LT job this postseason. He’s got a lot to prove yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sisqo looked pretty good out there.

I must also say I criticized Max last week That dude looked much better as well
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Carmen blocked some of the NCAA's best DEs for Clemson + WON a National Championship playing OT. We moved him to Guard. I think he's more confident with the OT position and if he works hard he'll get the job. Same with Adeniji.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 08:16 PM)Tony Wrote: He straight bullied people. That toss play to Mixon never worked... Adeniji dominated too. It's unreal

THIS is the Jackson CARMAN I wanted us to draft. Took a lot of shit holding his torch, especially from Frank Booth. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:21 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: I don't see KC's front seven as being any better than Buffalo's; probably not even as good. And the Bengals have already played the most physical defense (Ravens) they'll see from here on out. 

They are better than Buffalo's and Chris Jones as the NG/DT makes them better. He's a true 1 technique player and collapses the pocket himself. Gives others a chance to make plays.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:21 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: I don't see KC's front seven as being any better than Buffalo's; probably not even as good. And the Bengals have already played the most physical defense (Ravens) they'll see from here on out. 

Is this a serious comment?

Chris Jones is 2nd only to Aaron Donald, although we have kept him at bay.

Frank Clark and Karlaftis are solid ends.  

Bills were missing their DJ Reader in the middle and Von Miller.

Reply/Quote
I lost my shit in the game thread on that toss.

Carmen utterly destroyed his man

This makes me wish Zac Taylor had John Ross
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Is this a serious comment?

Maybe he’s taking into account matchups

Chris Jones going against Volson, Karras and hopefully returning Kappa just doesn’t scare me.

No one is afraid of Karlafis. Clark is good but not a game wrecker like Jones. Jones had 15.5 sacks this year and plays in and outside.

I am very afraid of Reid deciding to put Jones at DE all game but i don’t think that’s plausible as Burrow is elite at dodging outside pressure. If i were Chiefs I’d rather have Jones working inside to clog up the middle for the run.

The recipe to beat us is to turn us into a pass only team and pressure Joe from the inside.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I'm not a Jonah hater, but since his first dislocated knee cap, he has been pushed back by DE's. Now, a DE may go low and wide and get around Carman, but none of them are going to push through him. And the constant misspelling of his name on here is now just nothing but disrespectful. It's not like spelling Ogunjobi or Houshmandzadeh, it's 6 letters. CARMAN.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Is this a serious comment?

Don't forget Dunlap. This is the closest he's been to a Super Bowl, and he's against us again. I imagine he'll have a little extra motivation. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote