Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye Coach Taylor
(09-15-2020, 03:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That's actually a valid observation.  If memory serves, only Marvin Lewis and Forrest Gregg had overall winning records as head coach of the Bengals.  Not even Sam Wyche or Paul Brown did that.  Forrest was a tough guy but what made Marvin *GASP!* a winner?  Despite the lack of playoff success I give Marvin much credit for getting the Bengals into the post-season seven times including the amazing "five in a row."

Was it the quarterback?  I don't think so.  Of the six full seasons Carson Palmer started the Bengals made the playoffs twice.  That's one for three.  Of the nine full seasons Andy Dalton started the Bengals made the playoffs five times.  Thats five for nine; just over half.  Maybe the Marvin and Andy combination was more effective at least during the regular season.

What did the Bengals have from 2009-2015 when they made the playoffs every year but one?  A defense!  Whether run by Mike Zimmer or Paul Guenther, the defense was far better than any time in the rest of the Marvin Lewis years.  From 2003 - 2007, the defense was very bad.  When Mike Zimmer came things changed quickly.

The only reason I was reluctant to let him go after 2013 or 15 was the fear of what would follow. Maybe we could've had Zimmer in 2013 though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I have yet to.see ZT progress as a coach.he cant win close games. Hes clueless on clock management.
His playbook is void of creativity. I wanted Bienemy as HC. Hes a better offensive mind than ZT.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 07:24 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I have yet to.see ZT progress as a coach.he cant win close games. Hes clueless on clock management.
His playbook is void of creativity. I wanted Bienemy as HC. Hes a better offensive mind than ZT.

Same. I expect this will be his last year of being an OC, and we will have missed the boat. He’s probably going to be a good HC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
My gut feeling is that Zac Taylor will end his career here with a sounding thud.

I want to be wrong, but I just don't see it. My only hope is that the organization doesn't wait too long to pull the plug if it's obviously not working.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:15 PM)Big Boss Wrote: My gut feeling is that Zac Taylor will end his career here with a sounding thud.

I want to be wrong, but I just don't see it. My only hope is that the organization doesn't wait too long to pull the plug if it's obviously not working.

You can’t let him waste the entire rookie contract of Burrow. If there’s not significant improvement by next season ZT has to go.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Same. I expect this will be his last year of being an OC, and we will have missed the boat. He’s probably going to be a good HC.

Bienemy's resume just destroys ZTs resume. 
On.gameday I.can.look.in.ZT eyes when the camera zooms in.on him.and I dont see a confident coach. 
He never has that  look that hes 3 steps ahead of the defense 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You can’t let him waste the entire rookie contract of Burrow. If there’s not significant improvement by next season ZT has to go.

Personally I was ready to move on at the end of last year, but if we can't get to the 8-8 ballpark this year, he's gots to go.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:43 PM)jason Wrote: Personally I was ready to move on at the end of last year, but if we can't get to the 8-8 ballpark this year, he's gots to go.

Man looking at our schedule I just don’t see 8 wins...

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man looking at our schedule I just don’t see 8 wins...

That's the funny thing about schedules though. At this point, we're basing everything off last year, and this season is gonna be different in many ways. We were 2-14 coming into 03, and when Denver smacked us week 1, it looked like more of the same. Later that year, we knocked off the undefeated Chiefs... Weird shit happens, but I'm so tired of the "Taylor was evaluating what he had last year" thing. Quit evaluating, and start winning. There were no excuses last year, and there are even less this season.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:55 PM)jason Wrote: That's the funny thing about schedules though. At this point, we're basing everything off last year, and this season is gonna be different in many ways. We were 2-14 coming into 03, and when Denver smacked us week 1, it looked like more of the same. Later that year, we knocked off the undefeated Chiefs... Weird shit happens, but I'm so tired of the "Taylor was evaluating what he had last year" thing. Quit evaluating, and start winning. There were no excuses last year, and there are even less this season.

Agreed. He got his QB, a FA spending frenzy, his own coaching staff, and has AJ back. Other than upgrading the OL (which he didn’t seem too worried about during the draft), the FO has done everything they can for him.

Reply/Quote
Not sure if this stat has been tossed out or not, but there was a stat on the local Cincy radio today...

In his last 22 games as a play caller, ZT's teams are 2-20, averaging 16.1 points per game.... YIKES!
Reply/Quote
Life on the Bengals Board.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2F...f=1&nofb=1]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agreed. He got his QB, a FA spending frenzy, his own coaching staff, and has AJ back. Other than upgrading the OL (which he didn’t seem too worried about during the draft), the FO has done everything they can for him.

Perfectly said. He has the team and staff that he really wants. He needs to be showing results, now. We aren’t saying playoffs or bust, we are just wanting progress. Unfortunately, the offensive line still played poorly, the rush defense was porous and the time management wasn’t impressive.

We need better on Thursday.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You can’t let him waste the entire rookie contract of Burrow. If there’s not significant improvement by next season ZT has to go.

This is a very important point because Mike Brown values a franchise quarterback even more than he does the royalty from all the concession stand sales at the stadium.  On Sunday adding Billy Price to the right side of the offensive line made it better.  Better.  Yes, that Billy Price.  Think about that for a moment.  One of the worst "fits" in Cincinnati draft history improved the line.  That speaks to how bad Xavier Su'a-Filo and Bobby Hart are.  
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agreed. He got his QB, a FA spending frenzy, his own coaching staff, and has AJ back. Other than upgrading the OL (which he didn’t seem too worried about during the draft), the FO has done everything they can for him.

Right, and it's not like he's the only coach that had to deal with this bizarre off-season.  All things are equal in that regard, so that's hardly an excuse.

"The wins are coming, you guys!" 

I'm tired of hearing it.  I want to see it. If they finish 4 wins or less this year, I think they have to cut bait.   
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You can’t let him waste the entire rookie contract of Burrow. If there’s not significant improvement by next season ZT has to go.

This.  If ZT doesn't improve we need to pull the plug.  If Burrow is a Ferrari we can't let a drunk 6 year old drive him...or something. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 07:48 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, that Billy Price.  Think about that for a moment.  One of the worst "fits" in Cincinnati draft history improved the line.  That speaks to how bad Xavier Su'a-Filo and Bobby Hart are.  

After his first two seasons people were calling Andre Smith one of the worst "fits" in Bengal draft history.  But he became one of the better RTs in the league.

I am not saying this is what Price will do.  Just saying it is not ridiculous to think that a guy needed a couple of years to develop into a good NFL player.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 11:04 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Just watched postgame interview. Not the same effervescent optimistic ZT.

It appears our little ZT is pissed and having trouble hiding it.

Who or what will get the HC's wrath??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Granted, I have not seen the PG interview, but hard to blame him being pissed after that shitty call on Bates.

Still liked what I saw late even with Hart getting dominated by Bosa. Price played well, Burrow was throwing lasers etc.

Ross made a nice clutch catch, same with Boyd. Have seen much worse push offs then AJ's that have been game winning TD's.

Defense looks good. Think the Stains will have a hard time tomorrow as long as we don't start Hart. Start Fred or Adeniji please...
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 07:48 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is a very important point because Mike Brown values a franchise quarterback even more than he does the royalty from all the concession stand sales at the stadium.  On Sunday adding Billy Price to the right side of the offensive line made it better.  Better.  Yes, that Billy Price.  Think about that for a moment.  One of the worst "fits" in Cincinnati draft history improved the line.  That speaks to how bad Xavier Su'a-Filo and Bobby Hart are.  

No. Price wasn't better than X. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: This is not a legitimate NFL team or franchise, that is clear. And the problem starts with ZT and his "scheme" on offense which hangs the worst RT in the league on an island with Joey Bosa. The defense looked somewhat better but the pass rush was pathetic. By now the book on Tyrod Taylor is well known - force him to stay in the pocket and he is awful. So of course we kept going for the sack and (as usual) not arriving.

They may not exceed last seasons win total.

Not sure I'm a Taylor fan either, hated the hire.  But the defense is better, and the Oline/coaches did something right in the second half cuz Burrow wasn't pressured nearly as much.  Joey B is legit, he's only gonna get better, and they'll far exceed last season's win total no doubt.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote