Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye Coach Taylor
(09-13-2020, 11:05 PM)OUatown Wrote: I know this is a rhetorical question, but I doubt he gets a job as an OC NEXT year..... What has he shown as an offensive play caller? I’ll wait.

That’s why you don’t promote a position coach to HC. He is in over his head.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And hired a HC that was actually ready for the job...

And drafted an OT early instead of a WR...

Common Sense doesn’t apply buddy
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 'cause Carolina had SUCH a great game today, right?

Scored more than 13? I think.......
Reply/Quote
I am mad at myself for believing they might win during that last drive and actually getting excited. I know better!

Also, I see many posts in this thread arguing over who’s to blame for this terrible L (ZT, Burrow, Hart etc).
You want to know why they lost today? Because they are the Bengals. They always find a way to blow it. Different week/season/decade yet it doesn’t matter. I fully expect them to lay an egg on national TV on Thursday night. They can change the players and the coaches but at the end of the day they are still the Bengals and they will find a way to screw up.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 11:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s why you don’t promote a position coach to HC. He is in over his head.

Agreed man. I’m not trying to come and bring negativity, but have been lurking for a couple years and had enough. Needed to get this stuff off my chest. The GF doesn’t care what I say.
Lol
Reply/Quote
Wow. This was a 2-14 team coming in with no preseason and abbreviated off season with a rookie quarterback in his first start. They almost won. Bobby Hart needs to get on with his life's work for sure but this doom and gloom stuff is a bit over the top. Joe looked like a rookie for parts of the game but that last drive showed what he is capable of. This team is moving in exactly the right direction. Thankfully we won't be playing Joey Bosa every week.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They did score a bunch of points...

He has to be better than ZT as a play caller.

After I posted that, I saw where they scored 30 points.

Wasn't as bad a game as I thought.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 11:21 PM)Cicero Wrote: Wow. This was a 2-14 team coming in with no preseason and abbreviated off season with a rookie quarterback in his first start. They almost won. Bobby Hart needs to get on with his life's work for sure but this doom and gloom stuff is a bit over the top. Joe looked like a rookie for parts of the game but that last drive showed what he is capable of. This team is moving in exactly the right direction. Thankfully we won't be playing Joey Bosa every week.

Doesn’t get any easier Thursday with Miles Garrett...

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 11:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Doesn’t get any easier Thursday with Miles Garrett...

I'd rather face Garrett than Bosa. Bobby Hart notwithstanding. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 11:21 PM)Cicero Wrote: Wow. This was a 2-14 team coming in with no preseason and abbreviated off season with a rookie quarterback in his first start. They almost won. Bobby Hart needs to get on with his life's work for sure but this doom and gloom stuff is a bit over the top. Joe looked like a rookie for parts of the game but that last drive showed what he is capable of. This team is moving in exactly the right direction. Thankfully we won't be playing Joey Bosa every week.

No but Bosa to Garrett is pretty tough. If he can survive those two back to back short week games things should get a little bit easier.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:44 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’m pretty sure that’s the only time a kicker with.a chip shot FG to tie or win shreds his hamstring during the kick, and shanks the ball into a pot of nearby Goldstar.

I’m serious. That doesn’t happen. Only in this special burg we call home.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 'cause Carolina had SUCH a great game today, right?

30>13.  
Reply/Quote

Thanks for offering some sense around here. 

Even in normal times season openers are often not indications of what a team will look like over the course of the season. But with a rookie QB who had no preseason, and a #1 WR who hasn't played since 2018, this game was always going to be a weird one. Burrow will get used to the speed of the game, AJ will get the reps he needs, and things will tilt forward for us. 

The right side of the OL predictably sucked, but that was really the only thing that has me concerned long term. 
Reply/Quote
I do think ZT should be on the hot seat if we lose to Cleveland.

Simmons could step in as interim coach. There’s just no excuse to lose to 2 bad teams in a row. Not after drafting a #1 QB and completely revamping the defense in FA.

But who am I kidding, we all know ZT isn’t going anywhere. At the very least he should hand over play calling duties to Callahan.

Reply/Quote

Who was the coach that lead them to the worst record in franchise history? Who hired the offensive/defensive coaches? Who for a season +1 game continues to blow time-outs? Who drafted Sample in the 2nd round? Who drafted Ryan Finley in the 4TH round and thought it was a good idea to start him over dalton? Who thought the oline was good enough? Why does he continue to believe in Bobby Hart? Who continues to play John Ross when the world knows he’s a bust? Why wasn’t he given a chance as a OC? Who called the plays last year? Why does he think he is qualified to even call plays let alone lead the team? I’ll answer. He is 2-15 and looking like he’s gonna start. 2-19 3-18. Every thing he has done makes it look like firing Marvin was a bad decision....
Reply/Quote
Barring a huge meltdown, Zac isn't going anywhere this season. If this team looks as bad as it did last season, then I could see them pulling the plug during season 3 if that also goes bad. If Taylor does go, I hope he takes Jim Turner with him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
It would be nice to know what Taylor's plays really look like, but so many of them are disrupted by DLmen being in the backfield within 1.5 seconds, that its hard to see plays truly unfold down the field. So hes going to be adjusting his plays to compensate for the lack of blocking, especially from Hart.

I know one thing, give Burrow some time and hook up on some downfield passes, and nobody would be talking much about Taylor, imo. We need the blockers to allow Taylor's plays to manifest. Only then will we know how to judge his playcalling proper.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 01:03 AM)bengaloo Wrote: It would be nice to know what Taylor's plays really look like, but so many of them are disrupted by DLmen being in the backfield within 1.5 seconds, that its hard to see plays truly unfold down the field. So hes going to be adjusting his plays to compensate for the lack of blocking, especially from Hart.

I know one thing, give Burrow some time and hook up on some downfield passes, and nobody would be talking much about Taylor, imo. We need the blockers to allow Taylor's plays to manifest. Only then will we know how to judge his playcalling proper.

Guys were open and Burrow missed them on some big ones. Guys were open on the final drive as well. I think the potential is there if we can get some time. I personally think we were close to a win there and as someone eluded to earlier we all fooled ourselves a bit thinking Burrow would be the savior in his first game with 0 hiccups.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 01:09 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Guys were open and Burrow missed them on some big ones. Guys were open on the final drive as well. I think the potential is there if we can get some time. I personally think we were close to a win there and as someone eluded to earlier we all fooled ourselves a bit thinking Burrow would be the savior in his first game with 0 hiccups.

Yeah Burrow was definitely a rookie in his first start. Probably a little flustered after being hit so much. But he missed a couple he shouldnt have. I think this offense will improve and Burrow will improve. The jury is still out on Zac. He cant make those throws for Burrow. We almost won the game. Minus the Mixon fumble, the INT and the Randy miss, it was our game despite the rusty play.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:46 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He called a horrible game, like normal IMO. Where was Boyd the whole game? Where were the short easy passes?

Is it entirely possible that a defense getting a lot of pressure is going to be taking away the short, quick throws? 

The play calling did get two wide open receivers behind the defense.  Burrow won't be missing many more of those.  Add those fourteen points to the Bengals score and no one's saying saying any of this.

Mixon fumbled for the first time since he was a rookie.  That was a huge play.

For the large number of people who were saying very recently that they weren't expecting great right off the bat, turns out they were expecting it after all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote