Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye Coach Taylor
(09-13-2020, 10:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The only way for Zac Taylor to have a successful career is to let go and let Joe Burrow call his own plays.  You can’t “script” a quarterback like Joe and Zac needs to emulate Tony Dungy who just let Peyton Manning do his thing.

Tony Dungy was a successful DC...we should just replace ZT with the best defensive-minded coach a talent like Burrow can lure here if that's the case.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't want any excuses.  Your play calling SUCKS.  Your time management SUCKS (and I was around for Marvin).  Your entire staff SUCKS.

So ***** sick of this.  Need to bunker for a while.  Can't stand this shit.

Stop over reacting. Tell us how his play calling sucks? You 100% sure it wasn't execution or maybe the Chargers made a good play?
Reply/Quote
This was heartbreaking.. I thought after gio got to the 3 we are gonna win.. just wow.. I hate Randy Bullock.. It should have never came down to that though. That wasn't a penalty on AJ. Zack does seem lost..
Reply/Quote
Let's imagine a hypothetical world where Taylor were to be fired tomorrow.  Does a single team in the league entertain him as a serious option for a replacement OC?  
Reply/Quote
We should've done the smart thing for once and hired Joe Brady when we drafted Burrow.
Reply/Quote
We win that game if AJ doesn't push off or gets away with the PI....
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:26 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Let's imagine a hypothetical world where Taylor were to be fired tomorrow.  Does a single team in the league entertain him as a serious option for a replacement OC?  

Maybe...but HC?  No way.
Reply/Quote
Taylor is on the hot seat. He doesn't have a successful offense to call on and no one on the offensive coaching staff has called plays.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I disagree with the the OP on this one.
Plays were there to be made it but they didn't finish them.plus this team seems so connected that I'm not sure firing him would be a good thing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:35 PM)Whatever Wrote: He's a rookie making his first start without OTA's or preseason.  The right side of the OL played terribly until Price came in.  Lots of communication issues between Hart and XSF.  The WR group sucked.  

People greatly overestimated the amount of talent Burrow has around him.  Lou and the D kept them in it, but critical errors down the stretch doomed them.  

True, I like what I saw from the D though.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: He was pretty clean in the second half, hardly any pressure. We were fine without the timeouts as it turned out,  so I'm not sure how Taylor is a horrible coach after not haven't any tape on the Chargers?

0 timeouts to work with when you’re trying to come back at the end of the game is not doing your rookie QB any favors. You have to manage the game better than that. And Burrow was not kept clean. They were still getting a ton of pressure. Tyrod seemed to have all day compared to Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:26 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Let's imagine a hypothetical world where Taylor were to be fired tomorrow.  Does a single team in the league entertain him as a serious option for a replacement OC?  

Absolutely not. Having lunch with Sean McVay a couple times does not qualify you to be a HC.

We should have hired Eric Bieniemy.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:26 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Let's imagine a hypothetical world where Taylor were to be fired tomorrow.  Does a single team in the league entertain him as a serious option for a replacement OC?  

Not a chance in hell.

He wouldn't even get an interview right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:26 PM)bonesaw Wrote: We should've done the smart thing for once and hired Joe Brady when we drafted Burrow.

'cause Carolina had SUCH a great game today, right?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:26 PM)bonesaw Wrote: We should've done the smart thing for once and hired Joe Brady when we drafted Burrow.

And hired a HC that was actually ready for the job...

And drafted an OT early instead of a WR...

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 'cause Carolina had SUCH a great game today, right?

They did score a bunch of points...

He has to be better than ZT as a play caller.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 0 timeouts to work with when you’re trying to come back at the end of the game is not doing your rookie QB any favors. You have to manage the game better than that. And Burrow was not kept clean. They were still getting a ton of pressure. Tyrod seemed to have all day compared to Burrow.

Yep, Burrow was pushing a rock uphill so to speak.  No overall #1 pick is going into a great situation (unless you trade up) but Burrow is certainly taking his lumps so far.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:41 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I think the team will be above .500

Come October.

I think had to win this one for that. We are gonna play so much better team than Trash Tyrod Taylor Chargers at home to boot..
Reply/Quote
Just watched postgame interview. Not the same effervescent optimistic ZT.

It appears our little ZT is pissed and having trouble hiding it.

Who or what will get the HC's wrath??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:26 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Let's imagine a hypothetical world where Taylor were to be fired tomorrow.  Does a single team in the league entertain him as a serious option for a replacement OC?  

I know this is a rhetorical question, but I doubt he gets a job as an OC NEXT year..... What has he shown as an offensive play caller? I’ll wait.
Reply/Quote