Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey guys there's a game this Sunday! Wanna talk about it?
(09-05-2019, 12:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...and I'm sure we'll hear about all the injuries this year and MB...rinse repeat. Excuses...just like every year.

And next year will be different! Always next year!

Who is it who brings up Mike Brown all the time? Lol.
Reply/Quote
Seattle is a run heavy team so the first step is obviously stopping the run. Doug Baldwin retired and Lockett is there only legit receiving threat so we need to keep him in check. The x-factor for the Seahawks is the TE which is a position the Bengals never seem able to guard. As far as our offense I’m assuming the Seahawks will game plan for Mixon and pay attention for Boyd. The X Factors for us are Eifert and Ross being able to provide legit receiving threats outside of Boyd. The one advantage the Bengals have is the Seahawks might have a hard time game planning for an offense they haven’t seen since we were vanilla in the preseason and nobody truly know what we’ll run , might be able to get of to a good start offensively until Seattle adjusts.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 12:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice thread Ryan.

On Offense we need to get decent gains on first downs to put us into comfortable 2nd and shorts. This will make the game 
a lot easier and can slowly take the 12th man out of it. Middle TE screens and use Mixon in the passing game along with Gio,
then hit Boyd, Eifert or Willis over the middle. Still don't know if Ross is playing but he would be great for this too on Slants,
Screens, Sluggos etc.

On Defense we need to stop the run game early and put Wilson into 3rd and longs. Then keep him in the pocket. The Water
Birds lost Baldwin in the Offseason and don't have a lot of weapons on Offense. The run game is their biggest strength and 
Wilson escaping the pocket and as you said making plays with his feet.

I think if we can do some of this we can come away with a tough win on the road.

My post got buried at the bottom of the last page, bump.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 12:33 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I'm actually thinking the Bengals might need to establish themselves through the air to win this game. I think the Seahawks are going to focus on stuffing Mixon until we prove that we make them pay for it.

I agree that to beat this Team, you have to exploit their secondary.

But Dalton will need 2.5-3 seconds to allow the receivers to clear second level.

The 4-3 Under that Carroll runs - with the LB on the TE, will take away any shallow underneath routes (cross, slants, etc.). This coupled with the Cover 3, will not give the receivers or Andy enough time.

Unless you get some run established and run action off it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good stuff guys. Some nice perspective here.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:00 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Weather report in Seattle is calling for a chance of showers...

It would be in Seattle's best interest to stuff the run and make Dalton throw.
AJ Green is out. Ross was out most of the preseason so he likely hasn't had a chance to really get a good feel for the playcalling yet.
If it rains, that's a higher chance for dropped passes and fumbles.

On the flip side, Bengals should do the same. Seattle's strength is their running game. They've lost Baldwin and they don't really have any threat at TE.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 02:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: On the flip side, Bengals should do the same. Seattle's strength is their running game. They've lost Baldwin and they don't really have any threat at TE.

If we stop their run with our front seven, we will win this game.

If we have to bring a safety in the box, it will be a long day for our D.
Reply/Quote
AJ being out makes me nervous, but honestly, Eifert being in, in any capacity give me some hope. Boyd has seem like a blanket for Dalton and the offense. Lets not forget, we still have Mixon back there. I do think we need someone to step up, but I don't have any faith in Ross and haven't seen enough tape of Willis.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals offense will be on crank with up tempo, almost no huddle in spots. I look for both teams to use screens. I see the Bengals using the infamous shovel pass to get Mixon and Gio in space. Seattle will use post routes toward the line and seam routes for TE across the middle. I expect the Bengals to pass-rush ratio to be something like 60-40 or 70-30.

This game will be a lot closer than many think. This may be a low scoring affair. Turnovers and field position will be key.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 04:11 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the Bengals offense will be on crank with up tempo, almost no huddle in spots.  I look for both teams to use screens.  I see the Bengals using the infamous shovel pass to get Mixon and Gio in space.  Seattle will use post routes toward the line and seam routes for TE across the middle.  I expect the Bengals to pass-rush ratio to be something like 60-40 or 70-30.  

This game will be a lot closer than many think.  This may be a low scoring affair.  Turnovers and field position will be key.

Really? 

Mixon will have AT LEAST 25 carries (pending results, of course). I'm sure Gio will be good for another 3-5 as well. 

Let's not forget, ZT is big on play action plays and misdirections. A lot of that is built on the foundation of predictability ala running the football.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 04:17 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Really? 

Mixon will have AT LEAST 25 carries (pending results, of course). I'm sure Gio will be good for another 3-5 as well. 

Let's not forget, ZT is big on play action plays and misdirections. A lot of that is built on the foundation of predictability ala running the football.

Bengals will be a "pass-first" type of offense to set up the run is what I am predicting.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 04:10 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: AJ being out makes me nervous, but honestly, Eifert being in, in any capacity give me some hope. Boyd has seem like a blanket for Dalton and the offense. Lets not forget, we still have Mixon back there. I do think we need someone to step up, but I don't have any faith in Ross and haven't seen enough tape of Willis.

I think it'll depend somewhat on whether Willis is as advertised or just a PS warrior. We shall see.  If he can do even half of the things AJ has done over the years we're in decent shape. If he's as good we're in GREAT shape. I'm not particularly counting on him being AJ 2.0.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote