Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bye Week Games That Could Help Bengals
In this bye week, perhaps if Allen banged up Vikings beating Bills. Without a doubt 49ers beating Chargers who Bengals are in a Wild Card race with as of now.

On a different subject, I'm glad the records of Bengals at Steelers was dropped from Sunday Night to Sunday Afternoon for the match-up of Chiefs at Chargers. Going on age 68, I would just as soon watch Bengals on Sunday afternoon anyway. Plus I didn't like what happened in Cleveland in Bengals last night game. Night time is not always the right time for The Bengals.

Since Bills will probably win the AFC East anyway, the Wild Card team to root for to lose is probably the Chargers vs the 49ers. The Steelers record is pretty bad and Browns not much better. Plus if Bengals can't beat the Steelers or Browns once this year, they do not belong in play-offs. So go 49ers over Wild Card Chargers during Bengals bye as we await next weeks Steelers now afternoon game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 05:21 PM)kevin Wrote: In this bye week,  perhaps if Allen banged up Vikings beating Bills.  Without a doubt 49ers beating Chargers who Bengals are in a Wild Card race with as of now.  

On a different subject, I'm glad the records of Bengals at Steelers was dropped from Sunday Night to Sunday Afternoon for the match-up of Chiefs at Chargers.  Going on age 68, I would just as soon watch Bengals on Sunday afternoon anyway.  Plus I didn't like what happened in Cleveland in Bengals last night game.  Night time is not always the right time for The Bengals.  

Since Bills will probably win the AFC East anyway,  the Wild Card team to root for to lose is probably the Chargers vs the 49ers.  The Steelers record is pretty bad and Browns not much better.  Plus if Bengals can't beat the Steelers or Browns once this year, they do not belong in play-offs.   So go 49ers over Wild Card Chargers during Bengals bye as we await next weeks Steelers now afternoon game.

It's hard for me to say, but I'd like to see the Browns beat the Dolphins. 

I see the Dolphins as tougher competition for 1 of the 3 wildcard spots
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 07:57 PM)DesertBengal Wrote: It's hard for me to say, but I'd like to see the Browns beat the Dolphins. 

Why? We have already beat the Fins, we can't beat the Browns, they are the problem we need to get rid of.

We really need to at the very least tie up the series with the stealers and Ravens and just hope these teams lose a lot.

Same with the Chargers as Kev said this weekend.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 07:57 PM)DesertBengal Wrote: It's hard for me to say, but I'd like to see the Browns beat the Dolphins. 

Yup. I like the Bengals much more than I dislike the Browns, and the Dolphins losing helps the Bengals wildcard chances more than the Browns losing.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

My heart > my head.  I can't root for the Browns.  Ever.

Unless they are playing Pittsburgh or Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
Yes I think you have to go Browns. It used to be sorry that the Bengals can’t play the Browns every week. Now it’s the Browns can’t play the Bengals every week and that kinda suck against everyone else so gotta root for the Browns. But if they win that would mean they don’t suck against everyone else so it’s a catch 22.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I want the Browns to win. I like Ohio teams even though the Bengals are my favorite. Tua will be challenged with the Browns rush D.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 08:49 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: My heart > my head.  I can't root for the Browns.  Ever.

True that!  F the Brownie elves
Reply/Quote
Playoffs > meaningless rivalry

Go Browns
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 08:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why? We have already beat the Fins, we can't beat the Browns, they are the problem we need to get rid of.

We really need to at the very least tie up the series with the stealers and Ravens and just hope these teams lose a lot.

Same with the Chargers as Kev said this weekend.

Actually, in 4 weeks the Bengals will and must beat the Browns in Cincinnati.   The Browns are not a good team.  The Bengals are going to beat them in The Jungle in 4 weeks.   

Since Bengals did beat Miami, I'm not as concerned about the poor record Browns vs Miami.   The 49ers beating Chargers would certainly help the Bengals if Bengals end up in the Wild Card bucket at seasons end.  Of course Bengals could still win AFC North, but a little back up would be things such as 49ers beating Chargers.  

The Bengals play Browns twice, so it is not true the Bengals can't beat the Browns.  In 4 weeks the Bengals can and will beat the Browns in The Jungle.  

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 03:25 PM)kevin Wrote: Actually, in 4 weeks the Bengals will and must beat the Browns in Cincinnati.   The Browns are not a good team.  The Bengals are going to beat them in The Jungle in 4 weeks.   

Since Bengals did beat Miami, I'm not as concerned about the poor record Browns vs Miami.   The 49ers beating Chargers would certainly help the Bengals if Bengals end up in the Wild Card bucket at seasons end.  Of course Bengals could still win AFC North, but a little back up would be things such as 49ers beating Chargers.  

The Bengals play Browns twice, so it is not true the Bengals can't beat the Browns.  In 4 weeks the Bengals can and will beat the Browns in The Jungle.  

Tiger Who Dey Tiger

Sure hope you are right Kev. It is true that a lot has had to go right for the Browns when they have beaten us.

Just a matter of time before some things go our way in these games. We are more talented at the skill positions besides
Chubb. Overall, we have a better team if our trenches are playing well.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure hope you are right Kev. It is true that a lot has had to go right for the Browns when they have beaten us.

Just a matter of time before some things go our way in these games. We are more talented at the skill positions besides

Watson will be back for our second matchup with Cleveland. They've had our number with scrubs under center. Hopefully he's rusty...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 05:15 PM)jason Wrote: Watson will be back for our second matchup with Cleveland. They've had our number with scrubs under center. Hopefully he's rusty...

That is what I am hoping, plus bad karma for paying that scum all that money...
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 08:49 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: My heart > my head.  I can't root for the Browns.  Ever.

(11-12-2022, 03:22 AM)bengals73 Wrote: True that!  F the Brownie elves

True dat.  

**** the Browns.  Today, tomorrow, forever.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

The Keebler Browns   

[Image: th?id=OIP.xxZaqZxzaASaZJ8bICZlngHaEK&pid...id=Api&P=0]
[Image: th?id=OIP.7yc8MHrKC8zrLb0kQzi8-AHaE8&pid...id=Api&P=0]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 09:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The Keebler Browns   

[Image: th?id=OIP.xxZaqZxzaASaZJ8bICZlngHaEK&pid...id=Api&P=0]
[Image: th?id=OIP.7yc8MHrKC8zrLb0kQzi8-AHaE8&pid...id=Api&P=0]

The whole elf thing is whack. LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure hope you are right Kev. It is true that a lot has had to go right for the Browns when they have beaten us.

Every other team has big running days on Browns defense.  Very simple, more Mixon.  Zac only calling about 5 running plays the whole Browns game was some of the worst coaching I've ever seen.  Zac caught hell from the media over it also and the next game Zac called more Mixon plays and he got 5 touchdowns.  Hey, I like Burrow, I use his picture as my site picture, but it doesn't have to be Burrow every single play.  Maybe if they use Mixon more they would beat Browns, and Burrow wouldn't be one of the most sacked quarterbacks in the NFL. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 05:15 PM)jason Wrote: Watson will be back for our second matchup with Cleveland. They've had our number with scrubs under center. Hopefully he's rusty...

I'm not so sure the Browns will be better with Watson.  They are a ground and pound team.  If they change that up and he starts throwing it all over the yard that just doesn't fit what they're really good at.
Reply/Quote

So are the browns elves or dogs? what a mess of a team... dogelves?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 03:25 PM)kevin Wrote: Actually, in 4 weeks the Bengals will and must beat the Browns in Cincinnati.   The Browns are not a good team.  The Bengals are going to beat them in The Jungle in 4 weeks.   

Tiger Who Dey Tiger

II don't think the Browns are a bad team. They have lost a few close games. They dominated us recently. They can run the ball. They had injuries on defense, but those guys are back and getting healthier every week. Jacoby has kept them in the hunt. Watson is back very soon. Browns will have a great second half of year, mark my words.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote