Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB Brian Poole to visit
(03-13-2019, 11:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: kicking-tires.jpg]

Attached Files Image(s)

Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, not a good sign at all for us keeping Dennard.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I liked Poole coming out of Florida. I think he could be a solid #3 CB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This smells like the bengals have offered dennard their deal and are bringing in Poole as plan b. They’ll sign the first one to accept what they offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 07:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, but everything I've read on him pretty much verifies what that fan said, so.....

If Denard is gone, he'd do in a pinch. When I read a synopsis on him a couple days ago in a FA article, I kinda felt he screamed Bengals FA. He's not a bad player, but he did struggle a little last year.

I'd be ok with him as a 3rd CB. IF we were signing him to start it would be bad.

Does anyone know who follows Atlanta if he was used there as a #2 CB or a slot CB? IF for instance he was a #2 CB there, he'd likely be better in the slot.

Would it be a great signing? No. But, it's not terrible either and it avoids us having to draft a CB in the 1st Round.

It kind of feels like the Bengals are freeing themselves up to take a WR, QB, or TE in the 1st Round.
Reply/Quote
Would like to see Dennard back but Poole as a physical slot CB and I really really do not want this team to draft another first round CB so if we don't bring back Dennard I hope we sign this guy or another slot CB.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 09:59 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Would like to see Dennard back but Poole as a physical slot CB and I really really do not want this team to draft another first round CB so if we don't bring back Dennard I hope we sign this guy or another slot CB.

IF Dennard is $10 million a year and Poole is $5-6 million...

Say you can get Poole, John Miller G, AND Shaq Barrett for $16 million.

Or 

Dennard for $10-11 million

I take Option 1 every time.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF Dennard is $10 million a year and Poole is $5-6 million...

Or 

Abso-damn-lutely! :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 09:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd be ok with him as a 3rd CB. IF we were signing him to start it would be bad.

Does anyone know who follows Atlanta if he was used there as a #2 CB or a slot CB? IF for instance he was a #2 CB there, he'd likely be better in the slot.

Would it be a great signing? No. But, it's not terrible either and it avoids us having to draft a CB in the 1st Round.

It kind of feels like the Bengals are freeing themselves up to take a WR, QB, or TE in the 1st Round.

I think he was a nickel back in ATL, and is a cap casualty.  This would be a good chance to take, IMO.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/under-the-radar-nfl-free-agents-who-can-make-an-impact-in-2019/ss-BBUDUBY#image=12

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF Dennard is $10 million a year and Poole is $5-6 million...

Or 

I was really hoping we could get Dennard re-signed for $7M. 

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:32 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I was really hoping we could get Dennard re-signed for $7M. 

That would have been acceptable in my book. Even $8 to $8.5 million.

There will be some CB's out there when the dust settles that we can sign to a value contract.
Reply/Quote
The guy Boyd ate alive in ATL?

From the defense that couldn't stop Dalton and Boyd to save it's life.

Sounds about right.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Everyone is acting like Dennard is a free agent gem. The guy is average at best and never lived up to his potential not to mention his injury history.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dennard would be nice, but bringing in Poole means there is no chance we draft a CB at 11 and that to me is great news.

Needs in order if we re-sign Dennard/Sign Poole: LB, OT, TE. Otherwise CB is a necessity, like it or not. I'm not saying we don't need to address other positions first, but if Dre Flagpatrick or WJ3 goes down and we have Phillips as our slot guy, THEN WHAT.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I don't think Dennard wants to come back. I just have the feeling something would have been done by now so they are looking for his replacement.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:43 AM)Okeana Wrote: Everyone is acting like Dennard is a free agent gem.  The guy is average at best and never lived up to his potential not to mention his injury history.

I agree with this. He is replaceable at a cheaper cost. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:43 AM)Okeana Wrote: Everyone is acting like Dennard is a free agent gem.  The guy is average at best and never lived up to his potential not to mention his injury history.

Dennard had 3 ints total over 5 years.

Paying him $10 million would be vastly overpaying. His elite skill is being able to Tackle and Stop the Run.

IF we fix our LB's...CB's won't need to do that as much.

I do wonder how inflated Dennard's tackling stats were because of our poor LBs.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:44 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't think Dennard wants to come back. I just have the feeling something would have been done by now so they are looking for his replacement.

I agree, I don't think he's happy here.  I've read that he wants to go back to being a boundary corner, like he played in college.  Personally, I don't feel like that will be a good fit for him.  On the boundary, he's plays with a physical style, the league seems to be (in most instances, anyway) tightening down on physical defenders.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: The guy Boyd ate alive in ATL?

From the defense that couldn't stop Dalton and Boyd to save it's life.

Sounds about right.

To be fair, our offense played really well up through the Pitt game.

Reply/Quote

I agree. I was excited when we drafted him, but I honestly don't think he ever played great. Not bashing the guy, just don't think we ever got the best of him.
Reply/Quote