Reply/Quote
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Always remembered this guy impressing me, I think they will extend him over WJ3 for the future if WJ3 doesn't improve
big time. Just bring Phillips in on passing downs, with both Waynes and Alexander we have two great tackling Corners to
teach Phillips how to tackle.
Reply/Quote
I'm not a Saints fan, but who dat?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:13 PM)jason Wrote: I'm not a Saints fan, but who dat?

Mackenzie Alexander be from the Vikings man...

And he be damn good. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 11:59 AM)QueenCity Wrote: We are the Cincinnati Vikings

Haha yep. Better than all the Buffalo guys at least. Especially on defense.

Reply/Quote
Love this signing. What’s the deal only 4 million. He can cover n tackle why only 4 million. That’s kinda odd.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:41 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Love this signing.  What’s the deal only 4 million.   He can cover n tackle why only 4 million.   That’s kinda odd.

Thinking that we are promising and extension down the road. This guy is too damn good to just have for one year.

The Waynes contract of course is apart of this I am sure. Spent big on Waynes, we will spend big on Alexander down the road.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 03:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Still no true upgrade at OG or LB though, so it's the same old crap in that manner  Smirk

Can’t fix everything in one offseason. It’s a good start though.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thinking that we are promising and extension down the road. This guy is too damn good to just have for one year.

The Waynes contract of course is apart of this I am sure. Spent big on Waynes, we will spend big on Alexander down the road.

I feel that it's more of a situation similar to Dennard last year.  The market just wasn't there for him so he just wanted a 1 year deal to prove himself and test the waters again next year rather than get locked into a multi year deal below his pay grade. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can’t fix everything in one offseason. It’s a good start though.

We did get Sua'-Filo and the Draft is deep with interior O-lineman.

The lack of Linebackers is the only thing that has me a bit on edge.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:51 PM)Whatever Wrote: I feel that it's more of a situation similar to Dennard last year.  The market just wasn't there for him so he just wanted a 1 year deal to prove himself and test the waters again next year rather than get locked into a multi year deal below his pay grade. 

According to most I think Alexander has proven himself to be damn good. I know I have thought so every time I watched him.

Dennard sure didn't get much from the Jags, thought he would of gotten much more than that. 

One of the best Slot CB's in the NFL last year if not the best Dennard was. His injury history I guess had to be taken into account.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If Taylor doesn't work out this year and doesn't significantly improve I am all for bringing Zim here as our new HC if they run him
out of Minny. It is what we should of done in the first place before Zim left, replace Marv with Zim, lots of us were calling for this
and I don't think Zim has done a bad job in Minny at all.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Guy had 4 sacks a couple years ago...

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 07:45 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: It actually almost sounds like you're saying the Bengals went into this FA with an actual "Plan"??!! Lol

Don't forget, they tried to get Schobert too. That would have been a pretty nice set of players who can actually tackle someone.

I'm sure they all watched the tape against Lamar Jackson and just laughed their asses off at the 100 missed tackles that game.

I wonder if that had anything to do with it???

Well, they are gonna be facing him twice a year for the next ten to twelve years so if it didn't have anything to do with it, it damn sure should have.

Vigil is gonna be on Lamar's highlight rell for all eternity.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hobs called him a Terence Newman protege. He also said this:

According to profootballfocus.com, the 5-10, 192-pound Alexander was on the field for 142 runs and didn't have a missed tackle last season, a number that was a plague for the Bengals last season on all three levels of their defense.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Now that’s what I’m talking about. Taking the two young up and coming corners off of a great Mike Zimmer coached defense. These are two guys he picked and coached up.

Well done
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: According to most I think Alexander has proven himself to be damn good. I know I have thought so every time I watched him.

Dennard sure didn't get much from the Jags, thought he would of gotten much more than that. 

One of the best Slot CB's in the NFL last year if not the best Dennard was. His injury history I guess had to be taken into account.

I think it's more of an issue of teams just not paying slot corners big money anymore.  So you've got a guy in Alexander who's a good CB and thinking he should get a big money contract, but it isn't there because he's a slot CB.  With teams throwing insane money at mediocre OL, that money has to be siphoned from other positions.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 09:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think it's more of an issue of teams just not paying slot corners big money anymore.  So you've got a guy in Alexander who's a good CB and thinking he should get a big money contract, but it isn't there because he's a slot CB.  With teams throwing insane money at mediocre OL, that money has to be siphoned from other positions.

That could be the case.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: Did someone kidnap Mikey? I guess the team wasn't kidding when they said they'd be active. I can't recall this many signings ever.

Think of the movie Weekend at Burnie's. They've got Mikey's corpse propped up behind his desk. It's either that or aliens have taken control of his body.

[Image: p11733_v_v8_af.jpg]

Reply/Quote