Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB Mackensie Alexander Signed
Seems like a solid signing.

Though with two Vikings CBs now, I do worry a bit that we're going to get guys who were already coached to their max by Zimmer and Anarumo won't be able to get the same level out of them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We are addressing the run stopping on D this season! Can't go wrong with that.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 02:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Seems like a solid signing.

Though with two Vikings CBs now, I do worry a bit that we're going to get guys who were already coached to their max by Zimmer and Anarumo won't be able to get the same level out of them.

Don't guys who have been coached to their max keep playing at their max until they start to decline due to age?  Why would they get worse?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I like the additions so far.
Now we wait and see what happens with the subtractions (Dalton/Dre K) that will give them more cap room.

Do the Bengals even have 4 LBs on the roster right now?
Looking like pick 33 could be Baun from Wisconsin...but who knows how the draft will go. I’m very interested to see who’s available at 33.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 02:13 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Wait what? I could have sworn this was "The Same Old Crap" people were crying about on day 1 of legal tampering ... Ninja

Still no true upgrade at OG or LB though, so it's the same old crap in that manner  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 03:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Still no true upgrade at OG or LB though, so it's the same old crap in that manner  Smirk

Sua'-filo might be an upgrade at Guard, actually I believe he is looking at him B slap Fletcher Cox to the ground and looking at 
his PFF grades. Still definitely need a LB though, that is for sure and we can add a talented Guard in this deep draft class.

Also heard Cowboy fans were sad to see Xavier go...
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 11:59 AM)QueenCity Wrote: ThumbsUp We are the Cincinnati Vikings
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 02:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Seems like a solid signing.

From the guy who brought us "We can never be happy about addressing our needs in the draft because other teams draft players also"

The mental gymnastics some people go through to sustain the whine is amazing.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 02:20 PM)McC Wrote: Don't guys who have been coached to their max keep playing at their max until they start to decline due to age?  Why would they get worse?

You would think that, but we have seen otherwise. Remember BJGE and his 0 fumbles in 4 years with the Patriots. Then he went and fumbled 5 times in 2 years with the Bengals.

It's also a matter of scheme and use. 

James Harrison
2011: 9.0 sacks
2012: 6.0 sacks
2013: 2.0 sacks (with the Bengals)
2014: 5.5 sacks
2015: 5.0 sacks
2016: 5.0 sacks

If you don't know how to use a guy, or how to coach him up, he will be worse. It was like that offseason that Marvin Lewis decided that tackling in practice caused too many injuries so they massively cut back on tackling in practice and it showed on the field, even with guys who were previously good tacklers.

(03-19-2020, 03:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From the guy who brought us "We can never be happy about addressing our needs in the draft because other teams draft players also"

The mental gymnastics some people go through to sustain the whine is amazing.

From the guy who brought us "See? I was right, Nate Livings must be a great OL because Dallas overpaid him and he was out of the league a year later." and "Nick Vigil was actually great in 2019, that's why nobody is signing him while other people are signing team's backups."

Seriously, go Fred elsewhere.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You would think that, but we have seen otherwise. Remember BJGE and his 0 fumbles in 4 years with the Patriots. Then he went and fumbled 5 times in 2 years with the Bengals.

Well when the football actually has the right amount of air in it, it is harder to hold on to.....
Reply/Quote
Torry McTyer also being brought back on a 1 year deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Torry McTyer also being brought back on a 1 year deal.

Corner room is gettin pretty full.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Torry McTyer also being brought back on a 1 year deal.

I didn't even know he was here to be brought back.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:34 PM)McC Wrote: I didn't even know he was here to be brought back.

Played in 5 games last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:33 PM)Synric Wrote: Corner room is gettin pretty full.

A rich man's room.  They rocking over $30 million a year in there.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Played in 5 games last year.

Damn. I missed the hell out of that.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:33 PM)Synric Wrote: Corner room is gettin pretty full.

They've got about enough for a baseball team.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: From the guy who brought us "See? I was right, Nate Livings must be a great OL because Dallas overpaid him and he was out of the league a year later." and "Nick Vigil was actually great in 2019, that's why nobody is signing him while other people are signing team's backups."

Seriously, go Fred elsewhere.

Nate Livings started all 16 games for the Cowboy's #6 ranked offense in 2012.  Only reason he was out of the league the next year was injury.

And Nick Vigil was not "great" last year.  He was just better in pass coverage than anyone here gave him credit for.
Reply/Quote
Bengals haven't set on their hands anyhow.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You would think that, but we have seen otherwise. Remember BJGE and his 0 fumbles in 4 years with the Patriots. Then he went and fumbled 5 times in 2 years with the Bengals.

BJGE also went from went from 667 yards and a 3.7 avg with the Patriots in 2011 to 1094 yards and a 3.9 average with the Bengals in 2012.
Reply/Quote