Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB Mackensie Alexander Signed
(03-19-2020, 12:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Solid slot CB.
You really have to imagine something is about to happen with Kirk at this point.
There's no way you can start all of WJ3, Waynes, Alexander, Phillips, and Kirk. Someone will have to ride the bench.

Kirk is gone. They draft one on day 3.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 11:59 AM)spazz70 Wrote: 2 CBs and a DT in FA...go get a decent LBer and the draft is wide open for offense to build for Burrow

picked up a Guard in FA also.. as for LB... we need more than one.. they tried and lost out in FA on Brown LB.. still hope we take LB first pick 2nd round.. then Oline in 3rd then maybe WR in 4th/5th
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zimmer is still coaching doe the Bengals it seems lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
When looking at this move in the context of the other signings, we've had a good free agency period.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:21 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I wouldn’t.  This draft is deep at cb this year.  Dre will be gone and only have makenzie for 1 year.  Cb may not be an early priority but I wouldn’t cross the position of the list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They will still need a plan at corner going forward, especially with Alexander on a 1-year deal and if WJ3 can't return to that elite form we know he's capable of playing but now there's absolutely no pressure to take one at #33 because of the additions they've made. This is what fans have stressed about for years. Use FA to break down needs so you're not forced to reach picks (Billy Price)

I'd definitely still welcome a Jeff Gladney if he's the best player at #33 but I think they're hoping for a LB or OL to fall to #33. Or maybe they just say f*ck it and take the best guard on the board.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: Did someone kidnap Mikey? I guess the team wasn't kidding when they said they'd be active. I can't recall this many signings ever.

Not this many in a single week at least. I think rather than waiting for them to not count against comp formula they figured they already weren't getting any with who was leaving so why not go for it.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Zimmer is still coaching doe the Bengals it seems lol.

There are rumors this could be it for him in Minnesota, maybe he is prepping his next defense?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:29 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Darquez who?

WhoDey2 Exactly! The Jaguars are using him to replace Jalen Ramsey... Hilarious  
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Really like this signing too, well done FO. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
You really have to imagine something is about to happen with Kirk at this point.
There's no way you can start all of WJ3, Waynes, Alexander, Phillips, and Kirk. Someone will have to ride the bench.

We also signed that CB from the CFL.  No idea if he is any good but we are definitely concentrating on that position.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We also signed that CB from the CFL.  No idea if he is any good but we are definitely concentrating on that position.

Forgot about the corner from the CFL Fred.  Bengals probably won't draft a corner this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:31 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Forgot about the corner from the CFL Fred.  Bengals probably won't draft a corner this year.

FWIW, I believe he led the CFL in interceptions.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We also signed that CB from the CFL.  No idea if he is any good but we are definitely concentrating on that position.

Who?
Reply/Quote
its obvious that kirkpatrick is gonna be traded or released. I just hope they sign clinton dix now.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Yep, Winston Rose. Also got Tony Brown from the Packers, so 4 CB's added this off-season.
Reply/Quote

Yup, I'd guess they're shopping them hard now along with Dalton and if there's no takers they'll probably be cut.

(03-19-2020, 12:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: Did someone kidnap Mikey? I guess the team wasn't kidding when they said they'd be active. I can't recall this many signings ever.

Perhaps he went on vacation ? 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:33 PM)McC Wrote: FWIW, I believe he led the CFL in interceptions.

(03-19-2020, 01:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, Winston Rose. Also got Tony Brown from the Packers, so 4 CB's added this off-season.

Sounds like another nice pickup. Really changed up the CB room this Offseason, I like.
Reply/Quote

Maybe the old coot is finally off his rocker?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:41 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: When looking at this move in the context of the other signings, we've had a good free agency period.

Wait what? I could have sworn this was "The Same Old Crap" people were crying about on day 1 of legal tampering ... Ninja
Reply/Quote
I love this signing and it just further shows that Lou is committed to improving the poor tackling and run defense. We have 3 guys now, known to be stellar run defenders at their positions.

If we were to get Murray and either Chinn or Duggar, our defense would be addressed everywhere and we could send the rest of the picks on OL and WR.
Reply/Quote